rFactor2 Build 198 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Apr 2, 2013.

1. speed1

speed1 Banned

I'm shure it will be great. As far as I know the tire model is still in the development and it is just a observation from my side and my perception of things for the current build and i don't like the feel of some cars at this stage. Many things are just great and impressive but this is my love for the current build. Sorry.

2. ifrans

ifrans Registered

no need to appoligize mate, we are just talking about perceptions and observation like you say yourself:)

3. speed1

speed1 Banned

Thanks. All the more I am curious on the next level. :)

4. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

I have 2 dead Fanatec wheels now replaced with a G27.

Honestly the G27 was better suited. My fanatec did the same thing the G27 did. Loose feeling on the straights and tight in the corners it came down to configuring the ini that cured my problems.

Fanatecs are great wheels but poor poor quality. 2 Wheels dead in 1 1/2 years, The first one died a month after I got it, the second lasted a bit over a year, and I had to have my Club sport pedals PCB and all 3 pedal sensors replaced twice. I race maybe once a week tops. Logitech has been around for along time. Fanatec is fairly new they make good stuff but they need to work on there quality and durability department.

Not trying to get off topic, but research a bit more before you click the buy button and if you do hit the buy button don't run the FFB more than 30 percent or its to the bone yard for your wheel.

5. KernigWRC

KernigWRC Registered

Are you sure, you don't have steering help enabled?

6. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

I have 6 broken Fanatecs wheels gatherign dust in my basement... All replacement units, and now I'm back to a G27 :p
    Granted they were the first GT3RS wheels, and after 3 of those I tried 2 Turbo wheels, but all eventually broke down in some way.
    Some lost center, some just died midrace, 1's belt or gears came lose inside and it was like there were rocks in there, ...

7. Antaeus

Antaeus Registered

someone tell somewhere something about grey textures? it will be fix or we could make textures with new lighting?

8. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

Question for ISI.

In the next BUILD, a return to normal is scheduled for textures or will you touch it mandatory materials or our alpha textures?

thank you

9. William David Marsh

William David Marsh Registered

You could always give me one or two of them, I'd like to try to fix them ;D

10. Paddler

Paddler Registered

I know, stupid Q...
    Any idea when we can expect a new Build / update?

11. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Do you need new build for any specific reason? :)

198 was released just 2 weeks ago.

12. Paddler

Paddler Registered

waiting for tire wear, mirrors and individual car sets.

13. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Yes last build come out not so long ago, i would of thought or maybe wishfull thinking that the content update to components would be next. :D

14. Paddler

Paddler Registered

+1

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Me too

Performance Optimisations becoming very important to me after taking a bit if an fps hit on last build, I've shelved rf2 for now but will try it again after next update

16. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

I did the update and all seemed ok, perhaps a bit of an fps hit. Decided to do a clean install from the Lite Installer and had the same issue mentioned already somewhere where my packages were all in place without me copying them in. Mod Manager wouldn't see them until I pointed it at the folder again. I had files all over the place. individual shaders and nothing else in the Log folder, 2 userdata folders etc.

Thorough clean and reinstall (including plr and controller.ini) seemed to fix everything and now I think I generally have improved framerates. I've heard the spotter (quietly) for the first time, the ffb no longer feels like you're driving a steering setup that has no 'give' at all. The wheel seems to feel a little better at centre but have had to increase the in game strength with most cars. All in all I quite like it so far.

17. bassweight

bassweight Registered

I just upgraded my ****ty old Chimei 22" monitor to a 24" Samsung S24B350! rFactor looks so god damn good now! High res + 2ms oh my gawddddddddd