rFactor2 Build 198 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Apr 2, 2013.

1. ´goggo1peter

´goggo1peter Registered

2. Duc

Duc Registered

problème dans le moddev build 198, plus d'image de sélection de la série donc impossible de sélectionné un mod

3. Dennis May

Dennis May Registered

4. Panigale

Panigale Banned

FFB certainly changed in driver 198, had to turn the FFB multi up from .93 to .99 for the C6R. However, using the T500, I'm getting a bit more overall detail than I had before. Set a PB at LRP with uphill chicane at 50.2 whereas previous best was 50.5.
    Battling with the AI also seems to have improved, had to really push hard a couple laps to pass the Brewer (red) C6R. AI on 96%, his best was a 50.9. Clean and tough racing with the AI on this build. Keep up the good work ISI!

5. dsuspense

dsuspense Registered

6. Duc

Duc Registered

problem in moddev build 198 more image selection series impossible to select a mod

7. dsuspense

dsuspense Registered

HDR is an FPS killer for some. Not a permanent fix for the problem.
    ISI needs to give us a fix for this in the next update...

8. MJP

MJP Registered

As has been mentioned before, using the shaders from my B156 install works for me with HDR off in B198.

9. dsuspense

dsuspense Registered

Did not backup 156, so no way to get the into my 198 version, unfortunately...

10. MJP

MJP Registered

I could upload my B156 shader folder, I have an nvidia card but I don't know if the files are system specific or not.

11. elbo

elbo Registered

I have rarely seen the multiplayer servers so split...It is close to 50-50 with some running 156 and some 198.
    Hopefully the next build will bring everyone back on the same Page. We already have few populated servers, this fragmentation between the two builds is not going to help that situation.

12. BRunzilian

BRunzilian Registered

I believe that the majority of servers isn't updated yet...
    Just after I've updated my Sampler, I've joined in a Clio with 13 guys and have a blast with it.

13. can`t wait 4 rF2

can`t wait 4 rF2 Registered

OK, i didn`t know. Thx a lot.

14. frankwer

frankwer Registered

Hmm, the first time i tried this new build on a server, i got bad framerate, stuttering, weird stuff with the timing, but now that`s not happening anymore, and i havent done anything with my install.

Well, finally the car have mass, collision detection and collisions themselves are much better, physics seems to be much better, the best i ever felt. I think the game is ready for a rally mod to put the physics on a test (atleast it feels great to drive on the grass :) ).

15. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Well i did a fresh install of 198 with just components and all was well, running nice and smooth but couldnt play online for a few days because i didnt have right mods n that. So yesterday i thought sod it im goning to install the original mods agian so i can join ISR servers for some races but the game seemed not so smooth any more quite stuttery.

16. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Thats odd, because i did a fresh install of b198 and only installed the original ISI content with a few
    third party tracks (none of the new components installed, i'm waiting until ISI update them all), but
    for me the game seems to be running better than the last 3 builds.

17. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Could not agree more.

The real story with 198 is the subtle changes to FFB but only a few have mentioned this change or even noticed it.

I had to turn up the multiplier since it felt weaker OOB but once I did the feedback felt even more detailed. Amazing stuff considering the current FFB was already the benchmark.

If the FFB in 198 is the good, or really the great, then tire temp behavior is maybe the bad. Tire wear is just fine but heat buildup happens too quickly and causes loss of grip. Accurate for F1 perhaps but I notice an impact at LRP in the C6R after only 7 laps. I'm not abusing the car, no lock ups, no spins, not drifting, day temp is set at 82 degrees, but after 7 clean laps my front driver side is losing grip due to excessive heat build up, wear is still all green. Car setup is 99% stock, -2.9 front camber, I know LRP is hard on the left front but this seems very aggressive. Makes it almost impossible to run a 30 minute race. I can put down some decent laps, avg high 50s (uphill chicane) but then the front left starts to go off.

Anyone else having issues with tire temps and loss of grip happening this quickly?

18. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

I've been able to reduce the steering filtering for many car and track combos. Often run now with 0 or 2 with my G25

19. Paddler

Paddler Registered

What does LRP mean?

20. KernigWRC

KernigWRC Registered

LimeRockPark