rFactor2 Build 198 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Apr 2, 2013.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

It`s sad because it shows a hard to please attitude coupled with never being happy or appreciative...

Imo.

2. tjc

tjc Registered

Guys...

How do we install Dev Mode this time?

Just run the installer and point to rf2 root folder?

:)

3. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

A cool new feature: after the 1km rain-spray tunnel-cloud is build up you can see 3 kings on the trackside... I think they're trying to follow it to find someone... maybe that was the easter-egg...???

View attachment 7076

4. Miro

Miro Registered

I have figured out that spray is different on different tracks.
    I don't know is it either to the geo location or to the track makers but I assume it's the first one.

Racing in rain with spray on Sebring and Mid Ohio is great. Spray is also very cool there whilst racing and not that bad in replays either.

Just race in race conditions and not in a heavy storm like nobody IRL would also.
    Actually I recomend it if you are a rain racing freak like I am. Sebring and Mid Ohio are Great in rain!!!

I can't check out Palm Beach sadly, I have done a fresh install and don't want do install anything but components anymore.
    Waiting for Megane :(

5. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

You shouldn't just disregard the rest of the post, it was pretty relevant to that sentence.

For me it's a build where something pretty important for me personally doesn't improve like triple screen support or visual tire deg. Or gets worse like the rain, it's like driving trough 2d sprites with 2d sprites falling down on the asphalt. I know it's first pass and newly implemented but I wouldn't have minded at all if it was improved and finetuned a bit more before being implemented like this since it now makes rain pretty useless in some cars :(
    So yes, I'm already looking forward to the next one.

But ye, I'll definitly try on some other circuits!

6. speed1

speed1 Banned

Greetings ISI and thank you for this simulation. At the beginning of I had serious performance problems and had to distance myself for the time being from this Simulation. After a while watching and reading the experiences of others, I thought I will buy me the lifetime licence back and i was not disappointed, on the contrary, this simulation is currently the most used on my part. I like it and have great respect for the performance regarding physics, which is standing in the foreground for me. I have enjoyed many moments while I was driving for the pastime.

But with all due respect there are still some things to complain about, of course in compliance with the State of developement. At this point, I would like to make a wish as well as mention a experience with the current version.

It is the FFB in connection with the G27 and also the CSW. With the last version, I can use the G27 without the use of filter during the raw information from tire patch is no longer available.
    The whole thing feels very subdued and less informative as well as a bit fuzzy, while the center zone has still too much leeway without to offer enough resistance, until i set FFB multi very highly, what causes that some forces dominate too much, such as for example self alignment.

I have the feeling that the lateral acceleration and the weight shift, as well as information from the tire patch suffer from this current configuration too much to the detriment of the FFB imho.

I would be happy on a follow-up of the force balance. Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

Regards
    speed1

7. Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller Former ISI Senior Programmer

8. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Hindsight being 20/20 rF2 beta has been more about being a tech preview for existing and new ISI fans.

Rain effects, as stated, is a WIP so I use it to enhance the sim we already have. I set the first weather icon in a two hour practice to light rain and the rest to dry weather. Good fun seeing the rooster tails. I avoid getting too close to the AI since it looks like a smoky fire was set inside my C6R, however what we have now is a solid first step. I especially like going off the dry(ing) racing line to pass slower cars and seeing the rooster tail in my rear camera.

9. Plebre

Plebre Registered

After read this topic I can conclude.
    - Better to asign water spray to each car (part of car files) to better model it shape, position (going out from tyres) setup amont/speed and tansparent layers.

10. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Maybe because he paid for this? And what he gets? Unfinished this, unfinished that, practically unfinished everything and the worst part that there seems to be no light at the end of this tunnel.

11. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Because the most flexible system for modding. Competitors do not yet worthy.
    I'm doing a cross and rally cross discipline. While it will not look good on the chart. rF1 better.

I build tracks

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2013
  12. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Don't worry pay2021, the sun will shine again once the novelty wears off this update and all you fair weather sim drivers leave the real racing to the rain gods
    :cool:

13. can`t wait 4 rF2

can`t wait 4 rF2 Registered

Like this :)

That`s the point......

14. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Then both of you miss the point entirely.

15. Plebre

Plebre Registered

Made a offline race at Mid-Ohio 10 laps with this settings:

View attachment 7080

It rain fair amont after mid distance, stopped rainning created a dry line (dry line was build very fast, but I guess that had read somewhere that it is so for testing pruposes). Rain get back again on the last 2 laps and the dryline became wet again but not so wet than the other parts. Great fun, very well modelled (that why rFactor always will be rFactor).
    The water spray looks good and the almost rigth amont. For the first release it is not bad. Very good to see the spay coming back when existing the dry line to the wet part.
    Physics on the wet, I was convinced.

Is it the HDR profiles broken after loading the track (setting tab-->HDR profiles)? After changing it, and when to track the Sim freeze, at least here

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2013
  16. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I was assuming that it would be done this way from the very beginning. Maybe I'm being silly, but it seems the best way to manage the sprays, as they do with the head / tail lights. But it's a "bit" late to change this premise, I guess.

Came on, if I have your money I don't need your happiness or your appreciation too... The ISI staff doesn't seem to be such emotional, they're adults and can handle with the criticism.

I think RF2 it's a awesome job in general, the physics made me abandon RF1 and Simbin stuff, but there're weak points which are badly behind the others... raining visuals for example are not compatible with 3 years of development. But it's not that catastrophe, of course. They know how to achieve a good quality.

17. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

So true, if I had 3 years to develop rain visuals it would be near perfect. HOWEVER, if I had to use those same three years to make physics, model cars, make tracks, add features, sort through garbage in forums to actually find out what bugs were found, etc etc etc then maybe rain would be a WIP along side the other thousand features planned for the game.

18. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

OK., The rain effects are not finished yet. But the physics is breathtaking.
    I'm not sure what has changed here, but it feels better again.
    Thank You ISI for this great driving experience. : D

19. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Then tell me, what's the point in this awfully slow development, ditching "beta" from the name while not releasing final/finished product?

20. can`t wait 4 rF2

can`t wait 4 rF2 Registered

Why? :)