rFactor2 Build 198 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Apr 2, 2013.

1. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

In the .PLR file

Raindrop Flow="1" // Add to enable: 1=flow over current 2=flow over other vehicles
    Rainspray Flow="1" // Add to enable: 1=flow over current 2=flow over other vehicles

Use Light clouds with rain. more clouds = more rain = more spray :)

2. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Thanks, I'm assuming it's more taxing on the system otherwise it would be set to 2?

3. kaptainkremmen

I tried 2 first and didn't notice much but I don't think I really knew what to look for. I had lots of rain and spray. I changed it to 1 and noticed it working on my car and haven't bothered to try 2 again.

4. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I don't know if it's possible but the polygons which emulate the rain spray should be more transparent as they're far from the rear of the car. The alpha channel of the texture needs to increase to the far faces. Currently it looks like a homogeneous mass when it should be lighter. And I also guess it shouldn't be so long as we can see now. Anyway, the physics is stunning but the visuals in wet condition is not nice yet.

And, of course, the spray getting into the car must be converted itself in drops on the windshield.

View attachment 7048

5. LeChuck

LeChuck Registered

Well it's almost imposible to drive behind the car, the effect needs more transparency. Also you can't see the brake lights of the other cars.

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hiya

Thanks for new build

I'm not noticing much difference on this build from last, rain effect looks Simalar to how it was before it was disabled

: rain still the size of golf balls ( my res 900x4400 with fov 40 )

Rain & spray ( & smoke ) should allow same visual no matter what the "special effects " setting ( but quality change for off/low/med/high/full )

Looking forward to next build

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2013
  7. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

True, maybe the simple transparency adjustment could improve the situation drastically.

8. LeChuck

LeChuck Registered

9. LeChuck

LeChuck Registered

Yes I agree, maybe with some touches it could work much better.

10. kaptainkremmen

11. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Kaptainkremmen' SS shows clearly the water spray is more like oil smoke than water itself. I think water spray should be more "particulate" including some visible drops.

12. tjc

tjc Registered

None of those attachments are visible guys...

For me anyway.

13. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I can't see LeChuck attachments at least.

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I've seen a couple videos, and having done a decent amount of real life rain racing I have to say the same as others.

There are things about the length of the tail, the particles, the low visibility, and the effect of the spray in general that are very good, but there are also things about them that are bad. It's a sort of half awesome, half bad, with nothing in between, at the moment.

Overall though, I can see there is a CRAPLOAD of potential in the RF2 wet weather system.

By the way, I have been watching F1 for almost 15 years, the commentators always say that the camera always makes the visibility look BETTER than it actually is in real life, not just because it is much higher than the drivers eyes, not only because cameras always make the evening/dark days look much lighter, but also because the camera lens can simply just can see better through all the rain and spray than the human eye can. So the ones saying to not look at onboard videos are correct, don't compare to online videos because online videos show BETTER VISIBILITY than you get in real life (not worse as some suggested) :).

15. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

This is not true at all. You shouldn't trust in commentators, even more having real life racing experience. Camera's lens traps the water and accumulates it. Helmets don't.

16. Minibull

Minibull Member

My bike helmet "traps" water pretty well until you hit around the 120kph area. That is just raindrops though, fine spray would make it worse. Especially the amount that just pours off these big open wheelers. Plus, that is with the helmet sitting right out in the wind. All open wheelers seem to have a small piece of perspex to act as a wind deflector, which at speed I would think will do a heck of a lot to deflect a bit of the windblast.

Either way, why would Jensen Button be lying about this stuff, when he says it is that hard to see through...:rolleyes:

Seeing as rF2 may be picking up more players over time, maybe we should start a thread up that is full of videos showing racing in varying rain conditions? Just incase people claim that it is unrealistic and BS...just like the physics and the lighting and the grip levels....XD

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2013
  17. MickyMutton

MickyMutton Registered

Any one else have dodgy FFB with this build or is it just me? No FFB down straights, and very little on bends. Feels horrible.

18. Thiago Lima

Thiago Lima Registered

Volumetric smoke would be nice...enough with paper smoke guys, please!

About the rain, configure it to not enter the car, add some rain drops and everything will be almos perfect.
    Except on replay, when we will ALL see that is PAPER smoke!

19. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

also add the spray to the front wheels :rolleyes:

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Don't trust multiple commentators and other sources (driver interviews, write ups, etc)?? Don't trust real life experience?? Cameras don't have better visibility because of one fact? You're correct, multiple #s of real life racing drivers are wrong???

Sorry, no dice.