[REL] rFactor2 Weather Tool

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

Yes for now the custom ui override weather by a default one. Waiting a fix from ISI

2. yusupov

yusupov Registered

still not working :(

i set the times, collect weather, save, but either scripted or default the weathers still not hooking into rfactor...really frustrating as this mod pretty much makes rf2 for me. the other settings change as they should so i dont understand it..

3. Gerald Jacobson

Don't forget to have rF2 not running, as the wet files are read at launch. Verify that after saving in the tool, your expected wet files are well updating on disk. If no, maybe a problem in your path configutarion. If yes launch the game and check if something have overriding the wet file returning them to default. If yes customui is still there.

4. yusupov

yusupov Registered

excellent, thank you gerald, im a very happy camper again. and thanks again for this amazing mod.

5. bwana

bwana Registered

Fantastic Gerald,can't wait to give it a run when I get home..thanks

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Tapatalk

6. Gerald Jacobson

Here an architecture schema showing the combined use of Plugin TV (radar widget) and the Live Weather Server
    [​IMG]

7. Could you share some more Info on this. As i have a race server (dedicated rf2) and a server with plenty of ressources only running a teamspeak server (on a 600/600 mbit connection:p)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Gerald Jacobson

Sure, here what i preprare to add to the README.txt of the server. Hope it will reply to your questions.

Taking the complete example :
    - Live Weather server hosted on a computer at address 85.118.124.15 and listening port=666
    - one rF2 dedicated server installation (rFactor2Srv1) with two profiles (named "profile1" and "profile2") at address 85.118.124.100
    - one rF2 dedicated server installation (rFactor2Srv2) with 1 profile named "player" at address 85.118.124.101

-------- WeatherControlPlugin part ----------
    You will have 2 copy of dll (one in each server installation core plugin directory)
    1 "WeatherControlPlugin.dll" in "C:\Users\Amphiprion\rFactor2Srv1\Core\Plugins"
    1 "WeatherControlPlugin.dll" in "C:\Users\Amphiprion\rFactor2Srv2\Core\Plugins"

Now in the first server (with two profiles)
    - you copy the "WeatherControlPlugin.ini" in C:\Users\Amphiprion\rFactor2Srv1\Data\UserData\profile1
    and edit it to put for exemple
    Code:
    [Plugin]
    Port=12345

[Server]
    Address=85.118.124.15
    Port=666

- you copy the "WeatherControlPlugin.ini" in C:\Users\Amphiprion\rFactor2Srv1\Data\UserData\profile2
    Code:
    [Plugin]
    Port=12346

[Server]
    Address=85.118.124.15
    Port=666

Now in the second server (with one profiles)
    - you copy the "WeatherControlPlugin.ini" in C:\Users\Amphiprion\rFactor2Srv2\Data\UserData\player
    Code:
    [Plugin]
    Port=12347

[Server]
    Address=85.118.124.15
    Port=666

As you can see, each plugin listen incoming data in a dedicated port (12345, 12346 and 12347) - It is mandatory (even when plugin are hosted in several PC, because it is used as an identifier in the Live Weather Server)

----- Live Weather Server -----
    The only think to specify in the "WeatherServer.ini" is the server listening port (must be the same as the one defined in the plugins). There is no need to specify plugin address and port, as plugins inform the Weather Server of their existance and where they are running (address/port)
    Code:
    [SERVER]
    Port=666

Note: When you host on several computer, it is possible that you must configure your firewall to let UDP communication occurs between Live Weather Server and WeatherControlPlugin.

9. Gerald Jacobson

LesiU asked me if i can allows to define lat/lon in a file to be able to override GDB information (for incomplete track file for example)

Here the v1.1.8.0 of the Weather Server
    A new ini file have been added: WeatherServer-Track.ini
    Code:
    // this file can be use to define the lat/long of a track (so it will not taken from the GDB file)
    // Create a section per track (using the "GDB filename" as displayed in the Weather Server interface)

[SEBRING_12H.GDB]
    latitude=27.451052
    longitude=-81.352268

10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I know there is a temperature offset for the realtime server.... could there be a time offset?

For example, we race at 8 pm but we don't want evening weather which is always cold :D We want the weather that was 12 midday when our session really starts in game.

Is this possible? Or is it already there and I'm dumb?

11. Gerald Jacobson

It is not possible as it is Live weather. To acheive that i should record a live weather period and replay it later.

Envoyé de mon GT-N7105 en utilisant Tapatalk

12. Woodee

Woodee Registered

That might be useful if people want to recreate the weather on a previous race or GP in history perhaps? :D

13. Gerald Jacobson

For historic race you have the static tool. That update the wet files.

Envoyé de mon GT-N7105 en utilisant Tapatalk

14. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Yeah I get that... but it would be good to have something which remains pretty much hands off once it is running.

15. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

Why you don't use the temperature offset? Let's assume that at noon the temperature is 25 degrees Celsius and at 8:00 pm (when you are racing) it's about 15 degrees celsius. Thus by setting a temperature offset of +10 degrees you should be fine?

P.S.: There is one issue I see if you have a server running 24/7 - if somebody is racing at noon he would see a temperature of 40 degrees Celsius ;-)

But that could be addressed by having the opportunity to clip the maximum temperature to maximum temperature of the day -;) Not sure how much of an effort it would be to implement this additional function but an incremental checkbox "Clip to max day temperature" would in my mind solve the issue.

Sent with Tapatalk

16. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I think temperature offset is the best solution considering that Realtime's main characteristic is its unpredictability.

Actual system works perfect for races being held at the same time that a real race would be held. IMO the best option in order to have a "nearly flat noon time" simulating weather would be that the offset was variable. It should be quite easy to program once decided which is the typical day-night cycle.
    I would assume reasonable enough to pick a 5-10 degree difference and apply it to add 0 degrees at 2-4 pm and add 5-10 degrees at 2-4 am.

These cycles would vary with location and I would have to take a deeper look at several locations and moments throughout the year to do so.
    I would not worry that much looking for perfection. I would use an average figure for all locations and seasons and get rid of 90% of the problem. The discrepancy with a more perfect system does not deserve the extra effort.

enviado mediante tapatalk

17. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I think Gerald was implementing something like a "maximum wetness" so our races wouldn't be too wet to race on.

I can give the temp offset a try, shame we need to race in the evenings. I should match the server time to real time ;)

18. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

The rain intensity cal is already implemented. The option can be specified at the bottom left off the weather server display

enviado mediante tapatalk

19. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Hi Gerald, just tried this out tonight, very sweet addition! I am having a problem though, when i go to save the downloaded weather some of the tracks aren't showing for me to save it to. I get the message "It seem that the following location directory does not exist. Check your directories spelling. Directory not found" then it list s the track name. I can download the weather but then not able to save it.

Not sure what to do here?!

Also when i open the xml file it opens through IE but is blank, nothing shows up. Any ideas? Does the xml show the track info to be able to save the above to?

Thanks in advance.

F1A

20. Gerald Jacobson

For the blank xml, do not open it with IE, usr a text editor instead.

For the error, it can occurs if you did not have the track installed. look the directory list in the xml for the track that generate an error to understand the reason.