[REL] T5 series 2012/13 V2 by UnitedRacingDesign

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Just realised, that with this cars the animated Crewmember (pointing to the pit exit direction) doesn`t appears with this cars. Is this allready known, or is this just me?

//Edit: strange...after restart of rF2 this guy appears again...

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The EGT v2 update has confirmed how awesome these cars will be once given the same physics updates :)

3. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

And this mod would be probably very good if tires were properly defined. The grip values in this mod are completely surrealistic (tgm). The tbc as well need to be properly defined for offline racing.

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

4. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Completly new physics are in work for this one.

5. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Although the EGT & PX cars seem so popular the T5 mod is the one I'm waiting for !!

Glad there being updated !!

6. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

Firstly, thank you URD for this mod. What RF2 needs is quality content, and your work helps to fill the void :) I enjoyed couple of T5 races yesterday, really good.

Couple of questions about T5:
    * is it possible to move rearview mirror without building an update patch? I was in Mayro, and I couldn't sit as close to the windshield as I wanted, because I couldn't raise seat so that mirror is still visible. And no, I do not like virtual rearview mirror.

* is it possible to remove restrictions on seat adjustments? As I said, I'd like to be a bit higher in a car.

* curious, will people who bought the mod receive updates? I see you are reworking physics.

And, now to something of usual struggle in Rf2: tracks. Can someone tell which tracks work well with full T5 grid? My experience yesterday:
    * Zandvoort - for some reason this track had formation lap. During formation lap AI pitted, and got disqualified. Also, DRS was available all the time :)))
    * RR Hungaroring - this time no formation lap. AI sometimes stops completely. No DRS support.

But all in all, man, good stuff! Cheers!

7. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

@UnitedRacingDesign
    When is the release of new version or 2015/16 version?

8. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

In my opinion, best mod for rF2 even with old physics, let alone when URD guys upgrade it. I'm also a late buyer, I should have bought this much earlier.

9. UnitedRacingDesign

We are rebuilding the cars right now. One of the issue is the mirror beeing redone. Physics are mostly done new now and tweaks are beeing applyed.
    For DRS issue-the track itself needs DRS parts assigned.
    Full new shaders applyed we used on our latest Shiro model from PX package. Materials overworked and overall improvment in few areas there.

Working on full new 2015 right now. 2016 will be free update for it(Maures model and 2016 livery pack).

10. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

Excellent news, URD! This is my favorite mod, I just can't get out of it. And after more time spent, mirrors (both side and rearview) is the only issue with the mod itself by me. Yep, I learned DRS story myself already, and was able to fix that.

Quick question: will it be possible to keep T5 2012/13 side by side with 2015, basically, will it be separate component package or will it be an update package?

Good luck with your effort.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2016
  11. UnitedRacingDesign

2015 will be whole new package. Beside the Maures 2015, both Aura and Bayro are fully new models so will be the 2016 Maures.

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Would you consider actually "finishing" 2013-2015, getting it to the same spec and leaving it be? Then 2016/2017 will be a new package, with the older ones being somewhat discounted to the most recent ones?

Just a thought so you are not always updating the very same source of the original revenue, and so you can focus on finishing a season and delivering it to the consumer as a finished package, so folks aren't still waiting for 2013 in 2016. Only updating fixes and to newer game tech, FFB, etc.

13. UnitedRacingDesign

2013/14 was finished long ago. We sayed it will need updates as rF2 was updated in many areas. 2013/14 are allready discounted. Not sure now i understood you right.

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I think it started with me not understanding 2015 and 2016 will be separate from the existing T5 release. It sounded like T5 was going to be updated to address a couple of things plus get updated car models, now I get it! No change in assets, just repackaging and tech updates. Then new cars will be their own thing.

15. UnitedRacingDesign

Yeah :)

2013/14 update
    2015/16 new package-all new models, probably whole new sounds and more...

The Iron Wolf and Foresight like this.
  16. yippssy

yippssy Registered

Do you have any info about when T5 2012/2013 mod will be updated?

Thanks a lot

17. emha76

emha76 Registered

Any news?

18. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I wonder what is other player's experience with T5 mod pitting in the rain?

I tried two versions of Spielberg tracks, and it is raining. The main issue is that on both versions of track while raining AI pits in pretty much every lap. Another issue is something others reported already, mod doesn't start with rain tires when it rains. My observation is that EGT mod starts with same tires as I do.

I know pitting problems mostly have to do with AIW problems, but I've getting this issue on 3 tracks already. Will check how EGT does if it still rains.

I hope next iteration of T5 will improve rain support, DTM is definitely my favorite non-open wheeler series.

EDIT: EGT and some other mods are working fine in rainy races. Also, noticed T5 cars enter pits all at once in rain, shouldn't it happen in groups? Hopefully URD will fix this in T5, pretty please :)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  19. UnitedRacingDesign

T5 V2 on the way:
    -Updating the basic shaders/materials,
    -Cut the window black parts out to make better reflections there,
    -Removed the heat effect on sides,
    -Driver animation/helmets will be changed.
    -will add new 3d tire model plus new textures. New caliper with better texture.
    -Physics offcourse new-chassis flex,tires and other things....(i might keep the engines so we dont need to rework the sounds)
    -I have to check the cockpits if i can add some AO maps or something to make them look better. GRAB_283.JPG GRAB_282.JPG GRAB_281.JPG

20. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

With V2 do you mean we will get the new content available for purchasing prior to updating actual T5 series?
    If so, estimates for the so long requested update?