[REL] T5 series 2012/13 V2 by UnitedRacingDesign

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Mar 28, 2013.

1. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Nop, atleast not that im aware of it. But that sim rig is something different to, even if its older gmotor the rig is something gives you better feeling to.
    The experience in simracing overall can be different from player to player from the hardware we use to.

2. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Is there an issue with the mirrors on these cars? I've been experimenting with seat position and big adjustments in position makes the virtual mirrors unusable. Is this a known issue?

3. UnitedRacingDesign

Yes, last time we changed it, it seems that something went wrong, wasnt noticable until moving seat/mirror position.

4. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Ok thanks Ales. Any news on the update?

5. willz

willz Registered

The DRM modding Team explains that in their view, the modding community has changed allot, in the last few months, and modding ethics seem to be at an ultimate low.
    Because of the recent negativism and so called trolling in the comments sections of various sites, and the fact that the DRM Mod has been ripped and converted to just about every platform such as GTR2, Race07, GTR Evolution and GTL, The DRM Modding team has decided to cancel the planned releases for ISI’s engine(s) and that they will only resume work when a more secure platform arrives.

Further more the team explains that new trends such as PayMod’s do discourage them and that the recent tolerance of these projects make it seem as if the current sim/modding community no longer appreciates the work and time put in a free mod. In there own words… ”Payware mods, content theft and the likes have left us speechless.”

The DRM Modding team will be on the lookout for a usable platform that will have a more reliable modding, graphics, physics and support section. The inclusion of an encrypted file system would be a benefit. For now the DRM V3.0 mod will become a private project.

mmmmmmmmmmmm

6. UnitedRacingDesign

Sorry, nothing yet. And sorry for late reply.

7. UnitedRacingDesign

Well that DRM actually points finger on us for there failure i cant get it. But its there decision and has eather way nothing to do with us.
    About conversion they mentioned, did they? I never played the mod so i dont know the cars exactly, if its true and some people defend there view on ripping stuff from other games i dont see it as trolling.
    But overall from what i know around, the DRM has really a wide range of supportes and that mod is called one of the best sofar. If that isnt enough for them and that they give up by pointing fingers to others beeing fault for there failure than they have nothing to do in modding from my view.

Enough sayed, T5 mod by URD topic here.

8. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Thanks Ales, no problem. I will continue waiting (im)patiently!

Bizarre excuse. If you mod out of the passion for doing so then other team's payware mods should be of no consequence. After all, people always prefer free stuff, right?

I think the rise of payware mods is a consequence of the time and resources needed to mod for platforms like rF2. I have no problem with it. There will always be free mods and I'm sure they will greatly outnumber the payware mods. Both can live in harmony with one another.

9. willz

willz Registered

hey, i only copied and pasted what they said, but it doesn`t say anything about you whatsoever, for you to jump to this defensive conclusion must of hit a nerve, you said. points at us for their failure, what failure is that then, there mod is one of the best mods on rf1 but as you say you have no idea cos you never played it, (so let me get this right you never played on one of the best mods ever for rf1, and you are a modder) but on the other hand i`m sure you like that fact that they would like and encrypted file system, i personally dont like payware praying on someone else`s game engine, just my opinion. thats me out of this topic, please dont answer, sorry for any whatsoever stuff,

10. UnitedRacingDesign

This was old news, i have no idea why you posted it here actually? That is the nerv you pushed on me actually. Becase somebody points fingers its beeing bit mixed around wich is just wrong.
    "i personally dont like payware praying on someone else`s game engine" we wont build new one and guess again, we got permission to do this and game dev has something from us to as we bring new customers for them to.

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Carry on with making great mods, please! As Jamezinho says, people prefer free over pay. I bought T5 because the quality is good and the price is reasonable. If there were free versions of the same or similar, I wouldn't likely have bought it. But there are not. There is a severe shortage of talent at the level required to mod for the current/next gen sims. So maybe some day, far down the road, we'll have plenty of free mods to choose from. In the meantime, I will support pay or free work of high quality.

12. BlkJello

BlkJello Registered

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to the guys at URD. Just bought this t5 series last week and im completely happy. This is a GREAT Mod! I WILL be buying the EnduranceRacingX package next paycheck. :p Thanks again. Fun Stuff!!! :cool:

13. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

I have the endurance mod and am VERY happy with it! I am going right after i type this to pick up the t5 mod! Great work Ales! I appreciate the quality of work you do and am happy to pay you for it! Thanks.

14. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

I read in the first post that the cockpits aren't detailed? Are they going to be? Any pictures? Thanks

EDIT: Found some youtube videos. Fantastic. Ales, be on the lookout as i am buying the t5 right now. :)

DONE. :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2014
  15. UnitedRacingDesign

16. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

Thank You. :)

17. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Hi Ales - when will this sound update become a reality?

18. UnitedRacingDesign

Once im done with EGT update im going to pack those files. Have to check on material settings to for those cars. Might need some small updates there, mirror fix needed to.

19. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Thanks for quick response. Any rough idea when we can expect the update?

20. UnitedRacingDesign

No dates as you know if i cant hold it exactly on that day than its not good :)