Are ISI holding stuff back?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smithaz, Mar 20, 2013.

1. smithaz

smithaz Registered

Simple question to ISI. Are you holding stuff back software improvement wise? Or is the beta software we are getting everything you have got?

2. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

I'm pretty sure the beta we have is only 50% of what they have.

3. Max

Max Registered

well I wonder this too.. Would be silly to "hold stuff back" no? And TiTan, this is not a beta, remember? :p Jeremy Miller wrote on the 14th about two builds, one being 1.9 gigs and the other being 300. We still have nothing, lol. The pace they release stuff is like a turtle, no a snails pace. I mean c'mon already, tease us with two builds and then release nothing? Nice one guys, nice one

4. ccjcc81

ccjcc81 Registered

I've wondered this as well. What got me wondering is that they released new content within hours of the AC preview being released. But I'm a cynic.

5. Bart S

Bart S Member

From what I have gathered from Tims comments I believe theres going to be more improvements graphically, I think there was some mention of sharpening and I think thats what there concentrating on now so looks like graphics are being done now.

BTW: This is reasonable speculation so please dont take it as fact.

6. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

So...If for example they release an internal build where some major element was broken, then say...three in a row trying to fix it you would like them to release them all to you first, or would you rather some poor internal tester suffers all those downloads and headaches and you get the one that is fixed with some new stuff?

As someone with a quite severe data cap I know I don't really want to download every release between the public ones because there is obviously a process of testing that goes on between builds.

As for holding stuff back...what would be the point? It would achieve absolutely nothing positive for them or us. I am sure no one wants this software in a finished state more than ISI.

7. Max

Max Registered

yeah they also do it when PCARS does it too, well I take that back, no, they don't :) It's kinda cheapy really, but whatever, they do it at their own pace they tell us, and no amount of anything will make them step it up. Even though I race everyday, I don't do it on rFactor2 as much as I'd like to. I feel bait switched, but that's just me. I expected something gold candidate wise at this point after a year. I think they will release the game when PCARS does. lol. AC, is really gonna hurt ISI sales here, but they don't care. They act as if other sims don't even exist. Crazy I know.

8. Knight of Redemption

That something was a formula one car that it looked to me like they were desperately trying to get to us for the start of the formula one season. Doubt it had anything to do with AC.

9. Max

Max Registered

lol, hows the kool aid Knight? no ignore button around here eh?

10. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Everyone wants to be the center of attention :p
    I remember when AC went on Steam to be greenlit, very big deal for a real simtitle to get on there. 2 days later a game that's 6y old that goes by the name of iRacing SUDDENLY appears on Steam greenlight aswell :p

11. Max

Max Registered

yeah I saw that too and laughed out loud. Whereas "other" titles clammer for attention, ISI do nothing They don't promote it, they don't advertise it, they seemingly do nothing lol. Their investors must be some of the richest people on this planet to sit around all this time and not care what goes on around them ? Pfft whatever, I own this, I own PCARS, I own AC, I own GT5, I own Forza, I own rFactor 1, Dirt 3, Richard Burns Rally, WRC3, even SHIFT2, race on, race injection, RaceRoom, rFactor Historic and GT and TC, Test Drive Ferrari(terrible). . I think that's all the ones I have. So at the end of the day, I have choices :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2013
  12. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

I don't think so. Racing sim fans will purchase both, as they are pretty hardcore and we don't get that many good sims. And why should they care about other sims? They are just busy doing their thing as they see fit. And it seems to me ISI are quite confident of their product. Very bad idea to panic release unfinished stuff because other sims are ahead in certain aspects.

13. Max

Max Registered

Yes, I have them both as well. I still stand by what I wrote. Why should they care what goes on around them? Did you really ask that? Hmm, I cannot talk to you anymore either lol

14. Knight of Redemption

Not familiar with that colloquialism, so not sure what exactly your communicating. Unless your accusing me of "blind, uncritical acceptance or following"

I was just chewing the fat, no one on this thread is doing more than giving out personal opinions, I'm a little bored so joined in.

15. Max

Max Registered

:p sorry man, you're right, my bad

16. tjc

tjc Registered

I don`t think ISI would have stuff they could release to us and aren`t, therefor I don`t think they are "holding stuff back" deliberately...

I`m sure they do have stuff that we don`t, but that`ll be because it`s not ready or needs changing etc...

17. ccjcc81

ccjcc81 Registered

I'm referring to the Vette that was released with the first AC release.

Edit to correct: No, that wasn't the AC release, that was RRRE release, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2013
  18. Knight of Redemption

Heh, no worries. We are in that "between update blues" I am not blind to rF2's faults and nor do I restrict myself to just ISI sims. But I do feel more positive about rF2 than some, it's all down to how you choose to read between the lines :)

19. Knight of Redemption

So it was...But I still don't think it had anything to do with AC. Just my opinion.

20. smithaz

smithaz Registered

What I meant was like can they have major updates of software like the UI already finished but not integrated into the main thing yet, or is that not how it works.
    Also ISI are not marketing because rFactor2 is not ready yet, this has already been established. And the 1.9gig file Miller mentioned is probably the version with content included that Tim mentioned, I think there has been talk of a demo.