Incar real setup controls

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by wgeuze, Mar 19, 2013.

1. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Found this in the radio transcript of the last race, said by Heiki Kovalinenen to his race-engineer in lap 2/3:

This could mean they can fix the rear diff for example to have better starts :) (equal power/torque per wheel in theory)

I still don't get why all of these things still aren't in rF2. Atleast a response or some info on why not or not yet might be nice as well.

2. eglan

eglan Registered

Completely agree

I must agree with wgeuze completely.
    Quite a few beautiful modified steering wheel are now available from the likes of zroso, arc team, 5gwheels etc. If all these steering wheel mods (for thrustmaster and logitech) are available and rf2 does not accommodate them, then which simulation accommodates them? Cause I would be interested in these simulations.
    It is my opinion that the racing experience of an F1 car (in rf2 or another other simulation) is not complete without the ability to customise your car (in mix, diff etc), from the steering wheel inputs or even from a keyboard, mouse or game pad.
    SLIMax manager and FanaLEDS do a great job of allowing and running customized wheels with rotary switches, F1 style displays, encoders and buttons but their uses are curtailed by the limited parameters presented by rf2.
    I was hoping that someone would have produced a plugin that allows the rotary switch and encoder inputs on the steering wheel to adjust the mix, diff, etc on the car. Does anyone know if there is such a plugin?
    Thank you

3. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Indeed, more and more people go the custom way but the sims are usually the limiting factor sadly.
    Although I understand this might not be the simplest of things, especially real time differential adjustments!

Anyway, I secretly hope a 2014 F1 car for rF2 will change this, including KERS :)

4. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Eh eh...my next weekend project will be a complete mod for the Thrustmaster F1 wheel...fingercrossed. :p

5. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I still have such a rim and a SimRace F1 lying around myself :)
    Was planning a scratch built one but that failed miserably...

6. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Ah ah...same here. SimDisplay F1 with enclosure, 5 rotary switches, 1 rotary encoder....waiting for the mess....:)

7. eglan

eglan Registered

Sorry to hear that you have not put your wheel mod together, guys.
    I just completed the circuitry (with only the carbon fibre wrap still to go on) on my mod of the fanatec CSW formula rim, where I included the SIMR-F1 and enclosure, and 7 rotary switches to the base formula rim wheel.
    When I first started, I did not realise that there were no ready functions for mix, diff etc to assign to these rotary switches in rfactor2. I knew this was the case for the codemasters F1's, but I had faith that rfactor2 was the pinnacle:(
    So, I wait anxiously to be able to put these buttons to work.

8. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

My wheel has gone, plastic piece of crap, but added functionality while driving is still needed. It's 2014, king of all sims, do we even need to ask for this at this point? :)

9. DA

DA Registered

+1 for it! ISI you can do it or not? :)

10. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

If I understood some posts by Tim correctly, we're in for a treat with a 2015 spec F1 car, thought I'd bump this.

It's rF2, it's 2015, come on, please give us that level of control, it's not even limited to F1 if you think about it ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015
  11. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Well it's been a while. Time to bring this under attention again ;)

Almost everything in this topic still applies sadly.

12. faasda01

faasda01 Registered

Agreed on all points. Particularly Push to Pass for the DW12. This (along with in-car weight jacker) is one of the biggest omissions from the otherwise well done DW12.