Marussia MR01 GP Car v1.0 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 17, 2013.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok I understand that but I`m not asking for the AI to have human level physics for racing, just tame them a bit to have more realistic warm up, warm down laps...

I just think it`s unrealistic to have them going at top speeds when they`ve just left the pits...

If what youv`e described means the AI physics won`t allow for that, then that`s a little disappointing albeit understandable.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

There can definitely be more realism added for the AI, and I am quite sure there will be. They're just never going to find it the same challenge, for the same reasons, that you do.

3. johnnyw

johnnyw Registered

Havetn drived FISI in a while but at sepang as far that i remember did mid/high 1.35 and now my best with MR01 has been 1.37.8xx.

4. 88mphTim

Mr Bianchi, is that you? :)

I'm not certain what your issue is? The FISI is not derived from any particular car. :) My response was to it being said that Open wheel cars have gaps of tenths. I pointed out that they do not from front to back. :)

5. johnnyw

johnnyw Registered

I dont have any issue :) It was my bad at first place, just misunderstood the original post that i replied about that.

6. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

The AI in the MR01 has to be limited tho, I run the Clios at 120% or the AI is way too easy.
    I jumped into a little race at Sepang witht the AI at 120% and on a green track they start doing 1.36laps :p

7. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok cheers Tim...

Good to know the AI will be getting a bit of a realistic overhaul at least. :)

8. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Not sure if this is my setup or a limitation with the mod but when I switch to hard tires instead of the orange stripe it still shows as white.

9. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

10. DA

DA Registered

Yes Tim. We tested it 3 days at my server Astromega rF2 Test. We wanted to test the tires in Malaysia. Sometimes on a "rain server" came to 23 pilots.

At first we thought it was wrong to set up the car, but even if you go more slowly, the situation remains unchanged: 4 laps, and need to go to a new set of tires. :(

How many laps you stayed on the wet tyres? And what settings Real Road were used?

It would be great if you update all the tracks by changing physics.

Cheers,
    DA.

11. Panigale

Panigale Banned

12. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

My pleasure. ;)

13. Hepmi

Hepmi Registered

ISI please publish me possition of the camera ( on screen) ??? Thank you very much...

View attachment 6875

14. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Ya, you can work with it. But I think you will have a lot of people reporting it as a bug.

15. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Can somebody point me where do I lose time? Not even close to 1.10 times as someone claimed is possible.

16. Miro

Miro Registered

I'll give it a go.

First of all you need to use the hole track. Second, you need to use engine braking more.
    Watch my turn one, I barely brake there with my brakes, only engine braking. And watch the entry of the corners, I try to use the hole track. Turn two also, hard on the brakes and use engine braking also and slowly apply less and less brake pressure. Turn three is also only engine braking or just a small tap on the brakes.
    Turn four, the right hander, I belive I shift down as soon as I start to brake (again engine braking also). The goal is to be just on the limit so that the tires don't lock up, as soon as they lock up you have to apply less brake pressure.

If you get those right for the start I think you'll get the rest of the track yourself mate.

My lap is also not perfect but good enough for recording :p.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2013
  17. 88mphTim

I cannot make really any comment on rF Pro, or who is/is not a customer. Most who do use it, have secrecy clauses.

18. 88mphTim

I agree. I've reported...

19. 88mphTim

Can you expand on what you are asking? I don't understand?

20. Takumi

Takumi Registered

That was very good looking lap, but don't 100% agree with your engine braking method. People in simracing seem to use that style pretty often but in real world that would destroy the engine in no-time(downshifting against rev limiter). I use a bit different style (lazy downshifting) but I guess there is many ways to do it. :) Anyway, I think that fast driver with good setup can manage low 1:08 or even under. I did my lap with pretty much default setup and not that well rubber-ed track(1:09.7).