Marussia MR01 GP Car v1.0 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 17, 2013.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

Tim...

Going on what you said above about not being able to leave the pits and run full tilt straight away, which is obviously completely realistic and what I do myself and what I`d want rf2 to simulate I`m wondering why the AI nail the throttle and push 100% as soon as the rev limiter is released?

The AI, be it AI you are racing or AI that drive the player car for a stint, blast out of the pits at top racing speeds and don`t do any form of warm up at all...

Not very realistic imo and going on from this thread I posted in the wish list thread I really hope this can be changed so that the AI do proper, realistic warm up laps (maybe two or three depending on the conditions etc) and also do proper, realistic warm down laps after a race or session has ended.

I know this is a bit of a wish also and this might not be the apropriate thread for a post like this but I was prompted to post again about this when I read your above post.

I hope something can be done about this as it really would add loads to the end of session/race realism imo.

:)

2. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

3. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

because the A.I use a totally different and less complex tyre file than you...thats why racing them is a joke imo

4. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

The AI will never have the same Physics but a good approximation can't be that hard to script. Anything is better than the way they rocket off into the distance at the moment. I always start at the back of the grid anyway when offline , it seems pointless starting further forward to get mugged into last place anyway by unrealistically quick AI on the first lap while I warm my tyres up..

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2013
  5. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Yeah no need to feel bad if can't compete with them. Good thing there's setting to adjust AI's level. Changing weather and road conditions are going to be big challenge for ISI so that AI's speed will stay consistent when compared to human driver.

6. Zephyr RU

Zephyr RU Registered

I mean...
    I just wrote about FIA F2.not rfactor pro.
    Fia F2 is end.rfactor PRO is not end.
    Sorry.

7. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

BTW AI level setting is currently set as percentage. I think it would be better to express it as pure number and something other than values around 100. For example 95 % will make user think AI is going almost as fast as real drivers even though it's nothing like that. However I don't know what would be good. Maybe values between -25...+25 and 0 would be neutral. Maybe it should be called "AI speed calibration" or something like that. Also there should be individual setting for every vehicle and track combination.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2013
  8. Addict

Addict Registered

Can you run with 100% brake pressure that is preset by default? I have it go down to 65% ... So I wonder if real cars are 100% brake pressure, I can not brake and downshift at the same time.

9. Zizza

Zizza Registered

The default setup is not good... but working on it a little you can set the brake pressure to 100%...
    In Malaysia I ride in 1:37:xxx / 1:38:xxx with brake pressure at 100% and Fuel for 15 laps

10. Capeta

Capeta Registered

That's with FISI isn't ?

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

We've never had this issue be a problem with the software (unless MM was down, which it isn't). I'm a bit stumped, but something must have changed for you when this started...

12. 88mphTim

It is something you can work with?

13. 88mphTim

Update to 156.

14. 88mphTim

Probably.

Currently we are set for 2012 rules, but I'm sure there will be changes to this for the 2013 rules at some point.

15. 88mphTim

There have been some changes to wet weather on tracks recently. I guess it is possible that the next build and/or component releases will fix this, but I also have had tires last a lot longer than that myself with build 156... Sure it was wet enough?

16. 88mphTim

I've seen an issue reported where rain at the beginning of a session (without a wet session prior to it which carries over) may look wet, but not be wet. So slicks would actually work better than wets until the track is actually physically wet...

Sorry can't give anything 100% solid. My mind is skewed between what's in public builds and in testing. Either way, there's stuff coming I know that.

17. 88mphTim

?? MR01 was approx 3-5 seconds a lap slower.

18. 88mphTim

Thanks for the confirmation. Were you lapping late into a wet session?

19. 88mphTim

Computer AI in rF2 race rF1 human physics, to put it (very) simply. They're driving comparable physics, but not the same physics. It isn't possible with modern computers to simulate the physics you drive for the AI to drive, and compute the driving of those physics for each AI.

20. 88mphTim

Read the cars profile page. No, it isn't always possible to run 100%.