Marussia MR01 GP Car v1.0 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 17, 2013.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Great lap!

2. 88mphTim

Thanks. Can you check that this isn't because that's where the car has it's nose number? So it isn't painted somewhere else? There should be a layer for the Marussia skin in there for you to see this on.

3. 88mphTim

When you consider that Bianchi did a fastest lap similar to Vettel in Melbourne, I wouldn't read too much into laptimes in general. :)

4. ifrans

ifrans Registered

Tim, did Timo Glock and or Charles Pic try your Rf2 version version? Would be great to have a quote from one of the drivers about ISI's work.

5. 88mphTim

It rains every day in Sepang. They start each day with a quite clean track, so the tires wear faster also (rubber laid into the track would reduce wear on the tires).

In 2012 we believe they gained almost 1-2 seconds in pace from the start to finish of the season, but so did most other teams. This season they have different tires to last season, so any comparisons 2012 to 2013 are void really.

6. 88mphTim

I've actually since read that most teams deactivate DRS when throttle is at 0%. I'll try to find the link. Although I'm not sure if Marussia is one of these, or not, it does make sense that it works this way.

I also read that it cannot be activated at less than 100% throttle...

7. 88mphTim

Neither driver was with the team by the time we got the info, and could give them something.

8. ifrans

ifrans Registered

You're right, thanks for the info

9. ifrans

ifrans Registered

To bad, thanks for respons.

10. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Ok, I see that there is a marussia badge there. It's not marked with a wireframe or anything so I just figured it wan an error.

11. Luke Thomas

Luke Thomas Registered

Throttle Problem, please help.

I have a slight problem that means that I can't drive the car. I don't know whether it is that I have a old version of rF2 (build 134) or my track (Watkins Glen v0.2) but when I click race, the throttle automatically sticks at high but not quite full throttle making the car un-drivable. There is no problem with any AI opponents or when I activate AI control. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

You have to have build 156 (newest) with this car

13. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

I don't know installing build 156 would solve your actual problem, but it absolutely needs to be installed for a large number of reasons to work with the newer content.

14. Luke Thomas

Luke Thomas Registered

Thanks, I'll upgrade to build 156 now.

15. epc1

epc1 Registered

Hello, can anyone please post the realistic seat position settings?

I don´t mind if i struggle with them. I´d like to try.

Thanks

16. ifrans

ifrans Registered

I think ISI made the realistic seatposition. Lucas di Grassi on youtube has a camera on the helmet at eye level, to see the actual seatingposition in a lotus from 3 years ago to have some comparison.

17. Mudman

Mudman Registered

First I was totaly demotivated to drive this car: spinning around all the time, tires only holding for two or three laps. But after adjusting the sensitivity of my throttle and brake, and learning to drive less agressive, this car is really fun. Two quick questions:

Are there plans to add information to the other two leds on the steering wheel (like speed or split or rounds etc)?

And is it possible to deny the use of DRS for the ai outside the DRS-zones in practice and qualifying in malaysia?

18. martymoose

martymoose Registered

This car is from 2012 where DRS was able to be used anywhere in any session with slick tyres. Only in the race was it limited to DRS zones and when allowed by the gap to car in front.

It would be good to have options in settings regarding drs user/server selectable per session though. Allowing use anywhere, in set zones or disabled completly per session so the user gets to choose this and not the track builder as is currently available.

19. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I'm gonna show this video every time someone complains that Marussia in rF2 is too difficult to drive, just because it seems easy on TV ;)

And now you made it look easy in rF2. Nice driving.

20. DA

DA Registered

Hello ISI. Here some trouble with WET tyres. They are live only 3-4 laps! Race settings: Overcast/Storm, rain 100%, hum 100%. Why?

We tested today with 20 racers on my server. After 3-4 lap, we have 50-60% for front tyres and 65-70% for rear tyres. :\ I think, you don't complete work for rain physics. :(