Marussia MR01 GP Car v1.0 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

If I understand correctly, you might refer to additional friction torque due to selected gear (rather than staying on N). Yes, there should be some more friction added to drivertrain but I don't think it should be that much, to stop a car. Will take a look at it.

What pedals do you have? If G25/G27 at best, then I perfectly understand what you might feel.
    Until you put your feet on real pedal box, from sports car (or race car!), you will notice there is HUGE difference in how more stiff accel pedal feels in such cars. I think you won't be far off, if you'd swap G25's aceel pedal with brake pedal :)
    Another thing is a leverage. Notice, how your foot push G25 accel pedal, compared to any accel pedal from a real car. Pedals in G25 have radius about 2 times shorter compared to thosefrom real cars. That also has impact of how precise you are with your right foot.

As for brake pedal feel - believe me or not, but the difference between sitting on a chair/seat not mounted to racing rig, with pedals like G25 where you have to push only about 15-17kg of force to get the brake pedal to 100% and a proper setup with seat mounted to racing rig and brake pedal based on load cell. Even something as "basic" as CSP v2 with brake pedal scaled to about 20-25kgf gives you far much better feel of how much brakes you have to apply, compared to G25 pedals.

I think, those might be the main reasons, why MR01's throttle and brakes feel too sensitive to you.

2. frankwer

frankwer Registered

It`s impossible to accelerate and brake without spinning with this car. And when i am on the grid and about to start the engine smokes and blows up :(

I have never ever been humiliated by a car in ISI games like this one. A huge update for this car is needed.

3. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

But with the clutch fully applied, there should be no friction to begin with :)

Are you sure you are on the latest build? This is definitely not the experience you should be having.

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Frank there is something wrong at your end, this car should workfine straight away

Do a complete rf2 fresh install in case there was a glitch when you last updated ( to build 154 )

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
  5. MrMaverick

MrMaverick Registered

Nice work ISI, thanks to Marussia F1 team for being part of the rfactor 2 world, will be buying myself a team hat for my trackIR.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I didn't say anything about it being private or not.

It could very well be just an animation issue on the tire rotation... Which would be quite likely. You aren't seeing every physical process of the cars in the visuals of the model (would be impossible on current hardware)... I'll check that, but I'd assume so.

7. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Drove this at Malaysia and car is great. Won't be driving this much as I am not an open wheeler fan but wanted to get my two cents in to confirm that car is good and no problems here. G27. Default setup. 106% in Logitech profiler. 40% in game ffb level. Brilliant idea to run this car at Poznan! I will have to try that as Poznan has such good flow and not so much slamming of brakes. Will report back once I get a chance at that as I wouldn't be surprised if Poznan converted me to open wheeler fan, but certainly can't see myself slamming breaks all the time like you have to do on most f1 tracks.

8. 88mphTim

I understand you feel that people should differently, but I don't really see what you do. You're saying something, and people seem to be just trying to help you by giving information of what can cause you to feel what you feel. If you CHOOSE to see that negatively, au revoir indeed. :(

9. 88mphTim

The only description so far is that they only accelerate and brake like a rocket. And I can't really help him so far with that, as they turn for me.

10. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

Just wanted to say thank you for this new car - it's great to have an official F1 car in rFactor 2. :) It might not be a Red Bull, but personally I'd rather have a car that moves around a bit than a simulated scalextrics car.

Also really (!!) looking forward to Silverstone. I'm not sure if Sepang is one of the earlier tracks ISI created (?) but it looks a bit dated compared to some other tracks. A brand new Silverstone should look great! No pressure of course... ;)

Edit;
    I forgot to mention that the car feels great to me. Tricky under power during the slow corner exits, tricky under braking, it's a nice challenge. I actually think it might have a tiny bit too much high speed grip - it feels a bit too planted in the high speed corners at Sepang, but it's a lot of fun to drive. This is just with default setup.

11. 88mphTim

Good feedback, although:
    He mentioned 120% AI setting 1:09s. Is he saying he did that time? I don't see him saying it... Although, I don't think other times there were in competitive events?

I don't have that experience with the throttle, but I have probably had more laps and experience. Can only suggest to keep practicing.

Yes, they did. They braked very little, and had to use aero and engine braking. Move the brake bias if you need more stability.

12. Miro

Miro Registered

If I want to host a Marussia server let's say on Poznan, how do I restrict which tires can be used?

Also how to set DRS zones for a race or disable it during a race?

13. 88mphTim

Compared to most other cars except the Brabham, there may be lower FPS as this car is more highly detailed. Your GFX card may be your system bottleneck.

14. 88mphTim

You don't have the actual car installed. You have what are essentially multiplayer access files for when joining a server.

15. 88mphTim

Make sure you have the latest build.

You CANNOT slam the throttle down in this car. You also may want to move the brake bias if you have issues braking as-is. Make sure you warm the tires (you CANNOT go from the pits to pushing 100%), make sure you have rubber on the track. Practice, practice, practice. This won't be your experience.

16. 88mphTim

Yes, Malaysia is ours. Yes, art is a bit older. This should be expected, each new track so far (including Silverstone) brings in new technology that the artists are using.

It does feel planted initially on some of them, yes. Slow/mid speed turns it never really is (for me, anyway). Longer runs I end up with tire degradation and start to lose the rear though, even on the high speed turns.

17. tjc

tjc Registered

+ many. :)

It is excellent to have an official F1 car in rf2 and I can also only agree that it`s really refreshing to have a car that`s NOT a Ferrari, McLaren, Red Bull etc that`s probably (almost definitely) a good deal easier to drive and sticks to the road like glue...

The MR01 is a challenging car to drive but it`s that challenge and learning about the car that I`m really enjoying and will enjoy for a long time, probably a lot longer than something that is heavily planted to the road.

Don`t get me wrong, if an official, ISI made Ferrari, McLaren etc does make it into rf2 at some point I`d be very happy with that too and driving a car that has lots of downforce etc would also be quite a challenge and a great drive I`m sure but there is something really cool actually about having a car that doesn`t have mega downforce and struggled to compete with the "big boys".

A very good move on ISI`s part to team up with Marussia imo and it has definitely increased my respect for teams/drivers that are not always up front during the F1 season...

Good stuff!

Really looking forward to Silverstone too btw. :)

18. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Not sure about that, but is that your server that is up with this combination. I wanted to join but there is no option to get the vmod your using so nobody can join that. Its late now so I likely wont go online there maybe another time.

I did get down to 1:10.643 at a rubbered up Poznan, did a few 1:10s but every time I did I buggered the last corner so should be able to get close to a 1:09. Funny I only stuffed the last turn on my last 3 good laps I guess pushing a little too hard through there and losing the back end a little losing all momentum down the straight.

Here is my setup and Replay file of the lap as its easier then uploading a video to yt.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?k38x1xlcmolaqfg

19. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Aerodynamic force increases exponential as velocity increases which might explain what you're experiencing.

20. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Well I tried many things before and it helps yeah but I don't know what to think about it to be honest Tim. :) Gonna try to live with it I suppose. But some tweaking made by devs would be cool.

Please don't tell me to buy new wheel like CSW with V2 pedals... I would love to but I'm only poor university student and all my cash I have I spent on dope, alcohol etc... xD (ok. Was just kiddin' for books ofc)

Maybe someday I will buy this wheel.

You mean Gene's and Kubica's times? It was during roadshow. You can even find an onboard from Kubica's lap on youtube. :)

So neither Caterham nor Marussia used 100 % of braking force? :p Well maybe not all the time but at braking points at some corners I believe they could use all the braking force they had. The difference was the distance. They couldn't brake as late as others I believe. I agree with you that at some corners probably they had to use brakes in much lesser way to avoid locking up ect. But not everywhere I suppose. :D

Yeah, I've driven couple race cars and few fast road cars and indeed there is a lot more travel in gas pedal there and also it is a lot more firm and it gives you more feel into it. Sure. However my G25 is 5 years old and I believe springs and potentiometers aren't in the best shape. I'm gonna try some mods for these pedals. Maybe that will do the trick. However I still feel that engine revs a bit too brutally when small amount of throttle is applied. It doesn't give confidance..