Marussia MR01 GP Car v1.0 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

I think I'm not crazy, but I feel the back of the car "bouncing" or "inertia" in my G27. Not something strong, but noticeable. F1 isn't the best example to try this I am going to say, but with good perception you can feel It.

To test this I'm talking about, try to select a GT car, Renault Megane is the last I'm driving, and you can try to use low spring rear rates, or low antiroll bars in rear wheels. Then, try to go at high speeds, move the steering wheel 45º to left with a fast movement and return to 0º, you will feel the back of the car bouncing to the right due to inertia through your steering wheel. Isn't necessary to do snap movements, I feel much this effect with the megane in the previous turn to bus stop in Spa, a left fast turn.

That was only an example, everyone can test this, with every rF2 in more or less grade. Maybe that effect isn't too strong, but stills there, and I take advantage of It to drive in rF2...

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

So what is the car doing that is so wrong to you? We all have different preferences for ffb feelings, sure, but what is so wrong about the car's dynamics??...

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I must say that Marussia/Poznan was much more enjoyable experience than Marussia/Malaysia. Really do not like Malaysia layout.

I also found a way to make the car more drivable for me: I set throttle sensitivity all the way down to 20% (normally 80%) and it was not spinfest anymore when accelerating. Have to try this also with other high power cars.

My best lap after 10 laps in Poznan was 1.17.296. Decent?

4. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

Great fun in these cars But I am seeing all white rev lights in the dash. Hope its not just me and that it gets fixed.

5. canastos

canastos Registered

It's not just you ;)
    Rev lights are displayed in colors if HDR is on, and the same happens with F2 cars, it's a pity, but that's what we'got at this moment

byyyyyyyye

6. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Oh well. I got my wheel disabled. I don't need two wheels :D

7. Miro

Miro Registered

Agree, Marussia Poznan is really a very good combo! I don't like Malaysia either, at least this version of the track.
    We deffo need more good looking tracks.

Dude, have you driven the car now or are you still talking about videos? I honestly can't take you serious when you talk about G-forces and inertia without driving the cars. Other are discussing with you and taking you serious and you call them fanboys cuz they don't agree with you?

IMHO the car is very very good. It's the best F1 car I have driven to date. We can discuss things if you want but if I don't agree with what people say there is no reason to call me or anybody fanboy here.
    TBH the car is a blast and any odd behavior can also be due to user settings. Therefore just go and drive the car and if something doesn't work like it should we can work it out mate.

No reason to call people names and getting agressive.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
  8. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Great combo for sure, I think Poznan is the best track in rf2 atm*so thanks heaps to feels3. His other 2 are in my top 5 tracks too. With throttle control I think this will be much more important with the new tyres that have wear, the cars with no wear you can just plant the throttle and exit the corner with no issues but this and the corvette both cook rear tyres if too aggressive on exit.

I find you really need to be smooth on the throttle with this car, you can get away with a bit more aggression on the throttle but will cook the rears on the super softs within a few laps. Actually driving it after this has happened will teach you better throttle control and then when you put on new rubber be a bit more progressive on application similar to how you need to with shot rears but you should be able to feel the grip better with a fresh set, they will both last longer and give better lap times.

I use pretty much the default setup with a well rubbered track just a bit more down force and bias moved a little forward, brakes and accelerator set to 100% and have got down to high 1:11s with this car there. The AI at 110% does 1:10s here so with some better driving and setup I guess under 1:10 should be possible.

I am using a g25 wheel with GTEYE brake mod, this helps give good brake feel before that using earlier rf2 builds I also had big braking issues with no feel.

9. Miro

Miro Registered

My rears tires are ok at Poznan but I have big problems with my fronts lol. They are gone after a few laps and the rears are like new lol, but it's not due to the braking, it's more to the midcorner understeer which I have. Need to fidle with the setup still.

The AI on 120% is also in the 1.10's only one guy did a 1.09.xxx

Anybody up for a online session at Poznan with the Marussias today, I'd host it?

10. martymoose

martymoose Registered

It may be that your using too much steering into turns and also entering too fast. Either of these will cause more front wear.

I haven't done any real long stints on supersofts generally about 10 laps each stint, at first I was losing rear grip after only about 3 laps but some better driving can run consistent laps over that stint though best performed,amce would be 2nd and 3rd laps.

I may go online soon and try run some laps, my connection is a bit laggy using 3g atm so not driving online much. I will see how it goes as I haven't driven online much.

11. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Marc Gene did 1:14 in 2007 with Ferrari F1 car. In 2010 I took many photos of Kubica driving there with R29. His best was 1:09 on green track. He also did some laps in Megane Trophy but I don't know what times he got (d'Ambrosio was lapping there too in Trophy car).

So laps around 1:09 in MR01 are quite extraordinary..

However. Here are my thoughts on MR01.

-DRS feels like it's copy-paste from Formula ISI. When it's on it feels like 90 % of DF is gone and even turning on the straight while passing someone is risky because rear can just snap out. I know it isn't RBR that could open DRS almost midcorner sometimes but still. We saw many times drivers from Marussia and Caterham do fast movements while being on the straight (jumping from someone's slipstream and overtaking them) and driving with DRS open on some less demanding corners (for example T3 at Sepang. Try it here and you will spin).
    -Throttle seems so violent. You just can't gently feed the power. Well you can but it is almost like trying to move baby hamster with your foot without waking up it or hurting it. It is possible but exit of each slow corner is really tricky. When I just barely touch throttle it revs like crazy. It is like just touching gas pedal translates into 50 % throttle input. I just don't get it. Can it be like 10 % pedal throttle input translates into 10 % gas in the game? It would be such a joy with with properly working DRS and more progressive gas input translation in the game..
    -Last one are brakes. I know having less refined aero and chassis leads to less stability under braking. However I don't think that even Marussia had to use 50 % of brake pedal travel to avoid lockups with much lowered brake pressure. Yeah their braking points were sooner because of less aero to stabilize car under braking. I don't mind twitchy car under hard braking but I don't mind it under HARD braking not under barely touching brake pedal with steering wheel set straight.

Apart from those car is nice. Graphics are very very good. Great job on that. It will be even greater job when you introduce these tech updates you were talking about Tim when talking about pics of Marussia before release.

It would be the best F1 experience with these issues sorted out. I hope devs are considering looking into it a bit more because I'm trying to help them with my feedback. :)

These points are just my personal opinions and don't have to turn up true but if there is something into them then fixing it would make this car a masterpiece. :)

Cheers.

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

^ Pretty much the same opinion that I have but not so much issues with brakes (those are ok).

13. Miro

Miro Registered

Hehe, longer stints on super softs are not possible for me then 5-6 laps and times are dropping heavy. Front tires are gone all together lol. But I am down to 1.10.3xx now and I think a bit time is still to gain there.

Cool, that's exactly what I have thought. Some aliens might do low 1.09

Edit: So nobody up for a session tonight?

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Everyone going faster than me are aliens :D And there are many considering my low 1.17 time :p

15. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Congratulations to ISI !

I'm not the open wheeler Fan but after some try's with F2012 I race this cars from time to time.
    Today after following this thread from the first post I try the MR01 in Poznan and it was fantastic.
    I was really surprised.
    After some rounds and little modifications on the setup I get 1.17.163 and that was far away from a perfect round.
    The FFB with default settings works on my CSR-E perfect.
    I can feel real good how the downforce is getting more with the speed. If i lost my car and left the track i feel immediately the damaged tyre on the wheel and can hear feel and see the vibrations. If the car touch the ground or curps with downplate (don't know the right word in english) I feel and hear it.
    This car makes much fun with track's like poznan (not enough time at the moment to test other tracks) .
    I think this was the real answer to all that doubt ISI's skill and progress.

thx for this car I really enjoy it :cool::p:):rolleyes:

16. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

One of the things I like most of the car maybe is it reacts very natural, when I give it a bit too much throttle out of a corner, I can just back off a bit and with a bit of countersteer carry on to the next turn, without spinning off. if you're really slamming down the throttle, you're still just a passenger like in other mods, but that is to expected. Really dig that :)

17. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Am I the only one who gets a very bad fps in this car compared to others cars on the same track?

18. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Did 12 laps on Poznan. Wow nice flow indeed on that track! 1:16.443 with default setup.

19. MrDense

MrDense Registered

Be gentle with me, I am new at this. Tried to download this but get a message like "not installable missing virtual cmp".

Any hints?
    View attachment 6758

20. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

I think you need to install the one at the top first?