Marussia MR01 GP Car v1.0 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 17, 2013.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

Look for Formula ISI 2012 v1.0

Took me a wee while to find it too. :p

:)

2. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Formula ISI 2012 1.0

Edit: doh

3. MJP

MJP Registered

That'll probably because of a TRACKCONFIGSBASE.INI file that's inside the car physics MAS file which specifies track configurations for a car, tyre choice, engine/aero package, bodywork updates etc.

4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

nothing like that in mods, cannot even find all cars all tracks anymore too..

5. tjc

tjc Registered

Choose All Cars and Tracks (that will be there) and look in the list... it should be there nikos as "Formula ISI 2012 1.0"

When first released Tim said that Mods should be checked and Components unchecked in Mod Manager to see the mod but that may have changed now. :)

6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

no it isnt any more tj

Marussia appears at components, mod doesnt at Mods, I can only drive Marussia with mods from servers.

7. Gl4dia70rZ

Gl4dia70rZ Registered

Wrong Video Uploading the good one now

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
  8. tjc

tjc Registered

When I first installed it I was having the same problem nikos... couldn`t find the mod and at first couldn`t see All Cars and Tracks either.

As I said, when the MR01 was first released Tim said that in Mod Manger, Mods had to checked and Components had to be unchecked to see the mod...

After two or three attempts at trying to find the mod and making sure I had Mods checked but Components unchecked and once I was told to look for Formula ISI 2012 1.0 instead of something named "Marussia" I found it ok...

Sorry mate, I can`t think of anything else to try...

9. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

Uhh... downforce maybe? High downforce --> much drag. Also braking force in F1 is ridiciously high compared to other classes. Especially at high speed: high downforce --> high grip levels --> hard braking. That is also why it is so easy to lock up the tires at lower speed. The lack of downforce causes lack of grip (compared to max situation) which in turn makes it easy to lock up the breaks.

10. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

Gl4dia70rZ : in 2012 we hear the sounds of traction control seriously ?

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Why not just make your own offline mod with only tracks you like. :)

12. tjc

tjc Registered

lol... :D

13. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

old brain here DD, Ill go for a full new install instead..

14. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

My video is set to private, so anyone who has seen the video did so through here and and only here. AKA, they should know this is still development software. Or are we not allowed to point out things we find?

Like I've already said, "lifting" a tire through turn 2 isn't abnormal - the road drops away, it HAS to come off the ground. The way the tire altogether STOPS rotating with no braking force applied is. How in the world is that not odd when no brakes are applied? You point to 0:47 in the Kimi vid, he's on the brakes. The unloaded wheel will slow more, that is correct behavior which also happens in rF2 and any other sim.

All of the instances in the vid I posted were purely without brakes, understeer is irrelevant at that point as the tire shouldn't stop spinning anything like that.

I do want to know though if there is anything that can be done to make the brakes more natural though. These feel like they were made to be super aggressive in an instant so the driver could apply less force but get more power to save fatigue over the course of a race. I'd imagine this to be something a driver would have control over, no?

And not talking only about pressure. I've already lowered that to a usable level for my tastes. Is brake map engine related, or is it brake related? I've always assumed engine seeing how it's well, in the "engine" section. I should try a non linear pedal setup with this thing as it'd probably work about right for my tastes. (again, not saying F1 brakes aren't hugely powerful, but these things are really just hugely touchy)

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

But you will still have to scroll full tracklists.

Why not make a mod for each car with the tracks for each you like.

Why follow preconceived rules

You can name them so they are at one end of the spinner menu altogether and easy to find.

Rather then have to go through the full list of tracks and cars in list view every time you offline.

It is like making a all cars and tracks mod what would be the use ? you would have same big arsed menus to scroll. ;)

Old Brain, not sure ....I do not think you mean you can't make them do you ?

16. shum94

shum94 Registered

You guys are hopeless, we can't discuss anything without fanboys acting like a defense dog defending its home.

I am saying that i always felt the inertia in rFactor is feeling too low for my taste, not only F1.
    As a F1 is the most extreme physics in racing world, it is the one the more obvious to see in simracing that the feeling is not right (for me).

I am saying that a F1 in simracing in general always feels like only the rocket that it is and nothing else. Point being it accelerate and brakes strongly, and that's it, resulting that the pilotage of it in simracing lacks of touché.

Now discussing that i hear Marussia is so much different than a Ferrari it is normal you're not happy with it. WTF ^^ i was talking in a general way how FVA is looking visually more accurate physics wise in general in the behaviour of a F1.

Small budget teams F1 are harder to run because their aero is less efficient than the top teams, so this rocket that i'm seeing should be harder to run, oversteering, braking locked, understeering.

Anyway i was just saying i'm not happy with it and felt this other mod for rF2 is looking better, we can't discuss it then au revoir.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
  17. LeChuck

LeChuck Registered

Ok I'll try! thanks!! GREAT car btw!

18. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

...but, nikos, new install does nothing for old brain...

19. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

*full blush*

You havent tried it, its painfull tho lolol

20. Kev

Kev Registered

Inertia? You mean G forces? Inertia is scalar variable.
    In that point i agree with shum94. In my opinion, ffb in simulators should not only simulate feedback from front wheels, but include something to replace missing feelings in comparison with real car driving, g forces for example. rFactor has total lack of g forces on the steering wheel and that really makes cars ingame feelled weightless at low speeds. I bought netKar recently and was amazed how these forces helps in driving car. Even in slow sharp corners you feel heavy counteracting against inertia of the car and it really helps to detect understeering and especially oversteering. Hope you, ISI guys, will implement that at least as optional feature, maybe make it scale configurable. (i have CSW if anyone interested)