Marussia MR01 GP Car v1.0 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 17, 2013.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

+1 to all these.

The car does look really good imo, a nice step up ISI.

2. tjc

tjc Registered

As I said to Max D, I never knew that was being implemented but yip... I shoulda thought it.

I do like this car mate, very much indeed. First impressions for me have been very good. It really does feel fantastic imo and I`ve only done about 40 odd laps so far...

Hope you get your wheel soon so you can get back into some serious driving. :cool:

3. Blue fellow

Blue fellow Registered

This car is brilliant, as mentioned the sounds were disappointing, I was hoping for something new. But the driving is fantastic, love flinging it around Sebring. The cockpit view is very good.

I would love to lap, postion, etc on the steering wheel, if they could make it scrollable between the modes that would be kabonimasooney.

4. Michael Borda

Michael Borda Car Team

You need build 156 or higher to use the car effectively, the new engine brake map is incompatible with older builds.

5. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Don't like it one bit. The thing lifts wheels like a Clio. Did I get a different build or something? Also, could someone explain this behavior? This is something I've felt in every car here in rf2 except the historics - they drive like they have three wheels. This car just confirmed my thoughts.

And yes, this is on 156. Brakes are overly sensitive to the point of being more useful with super low pressures, such as 60% pressure. I dunno, it feels very unnatural to me that tires lock with as little as 10% force applied. It's a weird system, it's not as linear as I'm used to, even a little is hugely alot, and more is way too much, rather than actually progressive and linear like it should be.

5 percent pressure gets 50 percent braking - that is how it feels. The rest of the travel is the last 50 percent braking power. Am I missing a setting here?

But, it does actually look passable! I also really like the feel it has under power. Corrections feel and look like they should. The brakes though are just... very odd.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2013
  6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

1. The 2007 until I believe 2012 Maclaren used to lift it's inside front wheel all the time, especially with Hamilton.

2. Cars have been lifting there inside fronts at turn 2 at Sepang since they started going there 14 years ago (1999).

7. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

The issue isn't lifting the tires, though it is slightly odd it isnt completely uncommon (well, it's highly odd in a 130 MPH corner with a high downforce setup...). Watch how the tires react without any brakes applied. They stop, and rather quickly. The only way they get back rolling is on the bumps, and then they stop promptly again.

Turn 2 isn't so much a lifted wheel, its an elevation change as well.

It isn't just Sepang, it's any long high load corner that it will do this.

8. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

It might be due to very high friction torque for front wheels.

9. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

You have pretty high brake pressure... I'm usually using max. 85. But then again, I suck with most open wheelers :D

10. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Braking wise, since I got the GTEYE brake spring mod for my g25 its given me much better control over braking. At 100% brake pressure I can easily avoid lockups using this car.

Still haven't squared off a tyre yet like another guy said earlier, maybe I will try that next time deliberately.

11. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Thanks ISI, I went to the Australian F1 Gp yesterday and the 2013 Marussia cars looked and sounded great.

Good Stuff ;)

12. yoghurt

yoghurt Registered

Crash to desktop when trying to race in Malaysia Full Loop (offline via all cars&all tracks - build 156).
    On the starting grid the whole KI cars explode...
    Can someone confirm this?
    @ISI: Any solutions?

13. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

Great Car, thx ISI. :) How much horsepower has the car?

14. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

Amazing car.

rFactor 2 is by far the best simulator I have ever driven.

15. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Nope, this one is rather OK, so...

... if that is easy to reproduce, can you share your setup for the car and maybe record another video like the above one, but with your input (especially brakes) shown there too?

16. 64r

64r Registered

I've yet to drive the car but I am very dissapointed that the dash is completely wrong. The color and operation of the dash lights is completely incorrect and not at all the same as a real F1 car.

I'm not sure if this is due to the information not being available, or licensing issues with the PCU supplier, but Tim if you would like to resolve either of these problems then drop me an email.

17. Schueppe

Schueppe Registered

I have got the same problem with the car beeing jammed at full throttle.

18. driftlegende94

driftlegende94 Registered

Install build 156

19. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

By default, you have super-softs.

Also, keep in mind that these tires were designed to wear quickly, to make F1 more interesting. If you recall, some drivers were complaining a bit, that they don't really go as fast as they want to, because they need to look after tires.

At first it also struck me - but then I thought it's actually ok and it's just me that's not used to it.
    When I was making a lot of mistakes, locking, spinning - I ended up with half of tires gone after just 3-4 laps. Then I've learned to drive "properly" (more less :) ) and I could do 10-12 laps using 30-40% of these super-softs.
    That sounds ok, because in reality, drivers were using first set of tires for 15-20 laps or so ( sometimes even less ).

They had to learn to look after tires and so will we.

20. Schueppe

Schueppe Registered

I really forgot that ... how stupid am I? ;)