Marussia MR01 GP Car v1.0 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 17, 2013.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Monaco and Malaysia ( Sepang ) are ISI content.

Install all ISI components.

Then download the mod.

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Sepang is ISI, I dont remember in which mod is included, same goes with Monaco.
    You should install all ISI content and no problems.

http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2dl/

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

4. Bart S

Bart S Member

Thanks even tho I cant play till my rig is built, doh!

5. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Thanks for this ISI

6. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

What can I say... Car looks fantastic, and tires looks very realistic. But how it drives? Well, I understand why they are not a top F1 team, so to speak ;) But I think it could be fun to drive if not:

But I cannot understand what's up with ALL ISI's modern openwheelers and brakes locking (especially when track is green and tires cold). First time I got out of pit with this car at malaysia, I headed for first corner at medium speed and was thinking Now I'm gonna brake eeextremely easy because this car will surely lock tires easily. Because I use Trackmap plugin I can see how much throttle and brake I'm applying. And I'm trying to brake easy for first corner and look at the brake "indicator", and see that I'm not using more than 10-20% of the pedal when the brakes are locking up and tires creating a big cloud of smoke! I try again at very low speed to apply 10% brake, and the tires are locking up again (I'm talking about less than 50 km/h...). I had even decreased brake pressure to 92%.

I don't get it :confused: It's the same thing with all the open wheelers for me, and have beens since day 1. It's getting much better when track gets rubbered but still... And I have NO problem with 60's F1, Corvette, Nissans etc etc. Only the modern openwheelers. Why? I'm using G27 (but it should not matter, because I have no problem with other cars, as I said).

But thanks for the car anyway ;)

7. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Thx Tim

8. shum94

shum94 Registered

Ok thanks i'm old school. I thought every ISI stock content was in the exe like rF 1

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Tried the F1 on ovals very static no immersion drink coffee and drive.
    Graphics quality is a bit iffy and the engine sounds like Fisi.

I guess there will be better F1 payware in future. p

10. Jello

Jello Registered

Cool stuff, thnx Tim :)

11. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

My last post was maybe a bit negative. I have to say that when track get some rubber the car feels amazing. Exactly like I would imagine it. Car lock brakes easy but not so easy that I can not touch the brake pedal, but like I imagine it. I did quite many laps around Malaysia in a row just because it was fun to drive.

And graphically it is another step forward. It looks great. Just imagine how that 1970's car will look like if Tim gets the license ;)

12. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

13. Capeta

Capeta Registered

This car is not the Red Bull, don't try to drive it like Vettel.
    We can't drive it like the FISI too, we have to brake a little earlier & all that.
    But the quality of the work is good, I love the cockpit (except the drivers legs ^^ ) and how stable is this car at high speed, on the kerbs and all that is impressive.

This is difficult to keep to drive close to another car, we need drs to have a chance (I talk about guys driving close pace).

Just finished a little race online with this MR01.
    I was a little bit conservative at the start and was more and more fast and I came very close to the guy in front who had really worn tires, mine were ok.
    So with more time to discover all that, more work on the setup, that will be more easy but already really good car in my opinion.

14. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

But I wonder if the Marussia AI could be hooded Ferarri's and Red Bull's because they are like rockets compared to me! Not only in the braking, corner, exit but also at the straights. Maybe they have no wing at all because speed difference is extreme, I have no chance.

But I think they are hooded Ferrari's.

15. MJP

MJP Registered

That's cos they are the FISI sounds, check the contents window in mod manager when the Marussia multi cmp file is highlighted. :)

16. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Thanks ISI/Marussia I havent driven it yet but I guess I will add this to a wishlist as there seems to be a great partnership between you guys.

17. Navigator

Navigator Registered

How's that? Giving the finger out of the cockpit all the time? :)

18. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok...

Just did some laps with this baby and first impressions are very good. I was driving at Sepang (offline) and really enjoyed taking the car around there, especially once a little rubber had built up and I got more used to the car (well, as used to it as you can get in about 20 odd laps)

In fact I`d say it`s the most I`ve enjoyed driving a F1 sim car in a long time... I like the fisi but this one is a different ball game to the fisi`s...

Imo a car that has to be driven carefully, certainly at first but once you get her warmed up, a bit of heat in the tyres and some rubber down it`s a very good, although challenging drive. (Challenging in a good way :))

I`ll be spending quite a bit of time with the Marussia so will see how it goes with more laps under my belt but really enjoying it so far.

Noticed that the steering wheel disappears when you zoom out and get a certain distance from the car when using the track cams/swingman etc then re-appears when you zoom back in... just thought I`d say.

Also noticed that it`s impossible to stall it... sitting in first gear, no revs and lift the clutch and it just stays ticking over...

So far though, very good.

Thanks again for the work on this one ISI... :)

@ Hedlund

Not been bad for brake locking at all so far mate... take that brick out of your left boot lol. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
  19. martymoose

martymoose Registered

The simplest way I find to install new things via Mod Manager is simply by ordering components by the installed column.

Press the install header once and it will order the list by installed "YES".

Press it again and it will order it by installed "NO" first in the list, this should then show any mods you haven't installed yet and makes it easier not having to search for names.

Seems simple to me at least :)

20. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

lol