[REL] Longford 1967 v1.0 [2018-08-15]

Discussion in 'Locations' started by woochoo, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

A true work of art :)

2. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Just did some laps.....lap time was about 15 minutes. xD There are so much lovely details on the track and buildings.....I'm really impressed. I can just say it again: very very well done. It's worth to stop at every single building and look at it and the great details. Thank you so much.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

3. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Thanks guys :)

I laughed! Glad you're getting into it :)

4. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Hey Woochoo. Do you plan to ad some fish into the river? I feel a bit lonely when I'm driving in the river. I'm driving there to get to the other side and cut off a large part of the track. Lol still don't do good laptimes.

5. woochoo

woochoo Registered

I sort of do, but that'll only happen 1) if I end up with surplus time on the project 2) after the sheep :p

6. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

Please move to Pennsylvania and get a job with the highway department. They could use some help here building railroad crossings as smooth as the one in Longford. On my first trip around the track, I suddenly saw the railroad crossing sign and truly expected to be airborne after having the steering wheel wrenched from my hands. Instead, there was hardly a bump. I wish they could build crossings like that here. In Pennsylvania, if you hit a railroad crossing in real life at that speed, your tires wouldn't hit ground again until you got to Ohio.

7. argo0

argo0 Registered

If the fish have a faster turning circle than real life, I'll not be happy. WIll they have CPM and chassis flex for example?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Real life fish turning circle data is obviously needed.
    Some sort of advanced fin flex is important too.
    An advanced fish contact patch model is paramount.

9. argo0

argo0 Registered

I've been banging on about gill drag for years but will anyone listen? I'd gladly pay for a pro level trout mod with these features.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

10. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Hehe. I think they did actually smooth the crossing for the racing, so maybe you could try to get some racing in your region?

Yeah, so far I don't think ISI's wet mud model or puddle/standing water features are finished enough for me to bother with that. I just don't want to waste time if they're going to change it later.
    On top of that, I'm waiting for ISI to move to a brush model for the scales. I the scales will need a sub-surface scattering shader though. And some flocking AI will be needed.
    It's true that the fish physics have come a long way in the last 10 years though, and we should be happy with what we have now, and we should remember that it will get better in the future.
    The fish will have chassis flex though, but it will only be scripted. I don't think we'll need real-time/lookup table flex.

And of course, the RealHair shader will need an update with a perm map for the sheep.

11. Eddy

Eddy Registered

And please don't forget the fishsound engine......i want blubsounds in 7.1 ;)

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Not the sheep pluckers !

p

A few be unaware they pass a Shearing Shed every lap. ;)

13. Emery

Emery Registered

By now you're probably up to your eyeballs in period Longford pics and might already have the ones posted at http://primotipo.com/tag/david-mckay/, but it's worth a look. Search on the page for "Longford" and you'll find them.

14. bwana

bwana Registered

Easy to spot , long queue of kiwis out the front.. ;) Showed a friend of mine 'His' mill the other day on a quick video I made for him .. he owned the building 10 years ago lol

15. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Thanks, some good reading and good looking in there. There were a few shot's i'd not seen before, so thanks for the tip :)

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

17. woochoo

woochoo Registered

18. Emery

Emery Registered

How I got there was looking for Ferrari 250LM/275LM pictures and lo!, there's one crossing the bridge (facing the right way, Durge... looks like your fellow left some splinters), and then started scrolling through the stuff there. As is usual with such fare, do note that picture captions sometimes are wrong (e.g. I saw a TransAm picture labeled Bridgehampton when it was really Road America), possibly mislabeled in the original web collection, so doublecheck.

19. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I have a magazine somewhere about an LM coming to Australia, maybe it raced there, Ill try to find it.

20. woochoo

woochoo Registered