[REL] Longford 1967 v1.0 [2018-08-15]

Discussion in 'Locations' started by woochoo, Mar 15, 2013.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

2. Carlo

Carlo Registered

3. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Thanks for the support guys.
    At this point the project wouldn't continue if it wasn't being enjoyed as much as it is :)

4. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Apperently, ISI are happy with this as well:

source

so congratulations woochoo, on your nice work, and the now official recognition of it ;)

5. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Yes, thanks to Tim, Luc, and the rest of ISI :)
    And thanks to all the other people in here, and in the credits list.
    I wasn't really expecting a medal, or to be elected president, so this is pretty great :)

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Woochoo for PM

Baaaa

Moooo

:p

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Many Thanks Woo, your constant dedication to this project is a lesson for many Track Makers, top work :)

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

A couple of minor problems I've encountered, concerning AI / AIW.

On the Flying Mile the AI has a very aggressive way of defending position.
    Don't know if it's a "bug" per se, but it's pretty scary and has ended my race many times.

It's like this: I'm in the slipstream of the car in front, while he's on the racing line (the left side of the road).
    When I'm mere centimetres from him I pull out to overtake him on the right side.
    As soon as I pull out to the right he then makes a move to the right as well, to defend.
    Not just a little move, but he completely changes lane while my front wheels are alongside him, often ramming me off the road in the process.
    Perhaps there is something in the AIW that could make the defending a little less homicidal? ;)

Another little thing:
    After the Longford Corner, coming unto the Tannery Straight, when going over the train tracks, there's a little AIW "glitch".
    When the AI chooses the right lane, either to defend or because I've gone around the outside through the left hand corner, there's a pretty significant loss of speed right before going over the tracks.
    Instead of just keeping on the gas, the AI just lifts off when in the right lane. This in turn means no drag racing down the long straight, which is a shame. :)

Other than these two issues (which also occurred before this update, sorry I didn't report it sooner), the AI works perfectly around here after the update.
    This track will provide immense, exciting and jolly good historic racing for years to come. Unsurpassed track work, truly epic stuff Woo. :cool:

9. woochoo

woochoo Registered

:confused:

:p That's fine
    Yeah, they do block like madmen on the Flying Mile. Not really fit for a more Gentlemanly era of motorsport.
    I suppose the only think I could do is move the block path closer to the middle of the road, rather than into the lane.
    But it sounds like some adjustment to the lane changing code could be more useful. Of course that's not something I have access too, so moving the block lane would be the better option. Until then you're gonna have to game them, like Mansell on Piquet at Silverstone, 1987 style.

I'll have a look at the Tannery Straight issue too. I've never noticed that one. Any particular cars?

Additionally, I appreciate the way you've delivered this feedback. Some good details, and a compliment or two :)
    Cheers

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Good stuff man. :)

It isn't that much of a problem with the blocking because I know now I have to take it into consideration when attempting an overtake. But it still catches me out sometimes.

The slow down issue near the train tracks happens with EVE, Spark and BT20. I haven't tested other cars yet.

11. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

woochoo, just want to add my thanks and congratulations, both for your wonderful track & it's inclusion on ISI's downloads page. That status is well-deserved for this track, I think. :)

12. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Thank you very much ! Just in time for BT20 1.60 :cool:

13. Emery

Emery Registered

In the back of my mind, I recall a variable for how close the following car is before blocking occurs. Whether that is in the AIW or the player.json or in the VEH file... is lost in the depths of my mind. Getting old is hell, especially if I'm wrong that a variable even exists!

14. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

I haven't tried this latest version yet, but I've seen that AI blocking behavior on this and other tracks. If you move to pass when you're a little further back, the AI will switch lanes to block, and when they do, immediately move back to the other lane. I've never seen them make a double blocking move.

15. woochoo

woochoo Registered

I didn't see anything about blocking distance in the AIW file. Didn't trouble myself to look anywhere else :p
    But I did move the block path on the Flying Mile to very near the centre line, and the Eves, Matras, Sparks, and Brabhams appear much more gentle on the chop. I watched a 30 car field come down there a couple of times and there were none of them were forced onto the gravel (as I have seen with the old AIW). Hopefully the results would be similar with a human vs the AI.

In my brief testing I haven't seen the train lines block issue, but I did move the block path closer to the centre again, and smoothed the line too.

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I reckon you could do a better job of this too Woo..............

Get your BT20 video posted there to start. p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longford_Circuit

Why does Belgium get so much info and many pics. :(
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_de_Spa-Francorchamps

lol

lool

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
  17. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Well I did it. Took the KZ1 kart from RD and adjusted the gearing and let fly. Whoa Woo - that trip around your update@that altitude is a blast. Thanks for so much fun :cool:

18. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Many other people would be better suited to that than I am.
    And I'd rather work on the track itself ;)

Video, or it didn't happen :p

19. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Video, or it didn't happen :p[/QUOTE]
    Ha - knew I might get that. Don't know how to do a video...yet. Will research how to get a replay into video format/form. Anyone have a " How to..." they might direct me toward. The rF2 wiki cupboard is a bit bare.

20. Emery

Emery Registered

I looked through the player.json last night and it's not there, either, so that leaves the vehicle's mod file... which makes sense if I've not completely made up my own memories, LOL.