[REL] Longford 1967 v1.0 [2018-08-15]

Discussion in 'Locations' started by woochoo, Mar 15, 2013.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Why does that stop you using it ?

You can still put a single track mod up.

After all BB you were the one critical of me for 2 years for using multi tracks mods ? :rolleyes: hehehehe

Now you going to tell me but that was because you could not find them back then ............:rolleyes: hehehehe

I hope you not beta test the new version with other tracks ?

I will be running it non-stop with " Historics + Lola Night " for at least a a week

2. woochoo

woochoo Registered

it's fair :)

just about all i want to do to it now is investigate a couple of texture tweaks, and fiddle with some technical settings, and then all the usual stuff that goes along with a release.
    i might then release a private test version to a couple of people, which might get an online test as well.
    should be publicly available before the solstice. if not, then before the new year.

-----------
    edit:
    Also, for those of you on marginal systems (in terms of performance), you might notice some FPS impact due to a bigger texture load. Some of that might be offset by other optimisations I've done.
    It's been a long time since I've run the 0.92 public version, but based on memory i get the impression that 0.97 is much prettier :)

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

*spinning around myself in excitement*

4. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Woohoo, woochoo ;-)

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Cant't wait, can't wait. This track is actually amazing with modern day low to mid-powered open wheel cars as well. It reminds me of those eauropean time trial things they do through the streets (tons of videos on youtube) with all sorts of modern day racecars.

6. tjc

tjc Registered

I`m very much looking forward to the release woochoo. :)

(I may have said that already lol)

7. woochoo

woochoo Registered

cool :)

8. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Hello Everyone!
    The official, public Longford 1967 version 0.97 is available.
    Thanks to everyone who tried the v0.96z public test over the last few weeks.

CURRENT RELEASE:
    2015-01-06: Longford v0.97 - THIRD VERSION for rF2 (~404MB)

*Uninstalling older versions may be necessary to sort circuit correctly in in-game menu*

Link to ISI forum's track download page: http://isiforums.net/f/downloads.php?do=download&downloadid=35

View attachment 15387

View attachment 15388

View attachment 15389

View attachment 15390

View attachment 15391

View attachment 15392

View attachment 15393

View attachment 15394

View attachment 15395

change log:

2015-01-06: Longford v0.97 (during rF2 Build 910)
    by woochoo
    =============================================
    |\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|
    =============================================
    OLD rF2 VERSIONS
    2013-11-22 v0.92 (during rF2 Build 342)
    2013-09-17 v0.91 (during rF2 Build 300)
    2013-08-19 v0.90 (first version, for rF2 Build 240)

OLD rF1 VERSIONS:
    2013-03-14 v1.0 (probably final version for rFactor 1)
    2012-10-19 v0.99
    2011-08-17 v0.97
    2010-07-11 v0.9
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    /\_/\-/\_/\-/\_/\-/\_/\-/\_/\-/\_/\-
    - Rights to reuse any content are denied unless explicit permission is given by woochoo.
    - Conversions require explicit permission from woochoo.
    - Absence of permission does not imply permission.
    - Credit must be given in the readme.txt file primarily, and any other appropriate accompanying documentation.
    - This ReadMe file must be included (unedited) in any redistribution of this circuit and/or content.
    - Use of any content in a public display or commercial context (or any similar situation, other than private home use and standard online use) is not permitted without permission from woochoo.
    - Contact woochoo to request permission (semi-active on some sim-racing forums, primarily ISI forums, so send PM).
    - If woochoo cannot be contacted, absence of permission still does not imply permission.
    /\_/\-/\_/\-/\_/\-/\_/\-/\_/\-/\_/\-
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    42 garage spots, 14 pit boxes, 42 grid slots.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    |========================================|
    |===============CHANGE LOG===============|
    |======What is new in this version?======|
    |========================================|
    +@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ V0.97 @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@+

- Road: New T1/main textures.
    - Road: Small texture changes and increased resolution, and modified material settings for detail textures.
    - Road: Some variation to road edge geometry.
    - Road: Some small adjustments to road camber and crown.
    - Road: Some reduction of the more extreme bumps.
    - Road: Added some road surface repair patches.
    - Road: Higher polygon density in some corners (makes more precise RealRoad effects).
    - Road Lines: Some changes in resolution, normal maps, and material settings of decal lines.
    - Road Lines: Added small, fictional yellow paint markers to the yellow pitlane line to indicate pit-in/pit-out for speed limits.
    - Roadside Kerbs/Gutter: Updated some textures and increased some resolutions.
    - Terrain: Initial implementation of new terrain shader (from rF2 build 860)
    - Terrain: Mostly new textures.
    - Terrain: Added geometry to some verge edges for variation and texture lerping.
    - Terrain: Some verges have changed from grass to gravel.
    - Terrain: Added shadow casting meshes for some steeper terrain areas, and global sun-blocker, to improve morning/afternoon lighting.
    - Terrain: Added some basic terrain reflection meshes where appropriate.
    - River: Added geometry to river and river shore, to improve mapping and appearance.
    - River: Adjusted water textures and material properties.
    - Trainlines: New trainline meshes, adjusted textures, added specular and normal mapping.
    - Viaduct: New Model (more polys, more pixels, more precise).
    - Pub: Some small upgrades to textures and material.
    - Pit Building: Some basic stopgap updates to the pit building (a new mesh is planned in the future).
    - Control Tower: Some quick and basic texture adjustments.
    - Water Tower: Higher resolution texture, and material adjustments.
    - Culverts: New models for Viaduct, Tannery Straight, and Newry Road culverts.
    - Roadside Marker Posts: Replaced with new models and textures (including reflectors).
    - Hay Bales: Textures retoned and higher resolution.
    - Fences: New wire texture for fences (includes rusty barbed wire).
    - Fences: Added normal mapping to some fence elements, and increased texture resolution for some fences.
    - Fences: Adjusted Fence collisions outside of Turn 1 to reduce severity of 3-wide AI incidents at the start of a race.
    - Trees: Rearranged some poplar trees after Newry Corner.
    - Trees: Fixed some broken shading on some trees.
    - Trees: Removed self-shadowing from trees (in some ways it's better, in some ways it's worse).
    - Trees: Fixed some Z-fighting on some distant trees.
    - Trees: Replaced some tree walls with massed X-trees.
    - Sponsor Banners: Adjusted some textures and added specular and normal maps to some banners.
    - Lights: Shortened attenuation of streetlights and floodlights.
    - Shadow Meshes: Removed some old-style dummy shadow meshes from some buildings (now using the visible mesh to cast some shadows).
    - AIW: Adjusted fast path on Tannery Straight to reduce AI crashes in wet conditions (some may still occur when low-grip cars are side by side).
    - AIW: Some adjustments to create (a quite subtle, hacky) wind shear reverb effect on power poles.
    - Physics: Some changes to physics of movable objects (hay bales, marker posts, signs)
    - Indy Aero: Included VehicleConfig.ini to force Indy DW12 to use Roadcourse aero package.
    - Optimisation: Some batching and adjustments to some draw distances may produce small FPS improvements.

+@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@+

=====================================================

=======Known Issues, Non-Implemented Features, & Notes=======

===The AI
    - Sometimes they'll hop onto the dirt banks on the inside of a few corners.
    - Some cars may collide/crash in the first corner of a race (more likely in rainy conditions), in the Viaduct section, along King's Bridge, and on approach to Tannery Corner.
    - F1 and some other cars may collide with tyre markers (not so catastrophic with new HAT profile - v0.91).
    - The AI cars struggle to form up to the 3-2-3-2 'Hisoric Grid' after a warmup lap, so skipping the warmup lap or using a different grid layout might be considered.
    - ISI Historic Spark and Eve F1/F2 cars don't usually make it around the final corner (running AI calibration in a test session may help).

===Animations
    - Some of the animations have small glitches and sometimes the marshal's headphone's are floating (not yet a fix priority).

===Wet Road Reflections
    - Fences and some terrain areas are not currently in the reflection list due to the nature of the reflection system.
    - For some undiscovered reason, reflections of some trees/bushes/buildings etc may appear and disappear (popin/out) in the road reflections in a manner inconsistent with the mesh's origin (efforts have been made to bias the system to produce more accurate results).

===Shadows
    - Some popin, popout, and awkward shading of trees/bushes/buildings etc.

===Bridges
    - Bridge structures don't currently extend down into the river bed mud. When bridge structures are updated, they will.

===Terrain Shader
    - Using terrain shader launched in rF2 build 860. Older builds of rF2 will not render terrain correctly.

===Terrain Decals
    - Slight blur/darkening where grassy road-edge decals blend into terrain.

===Normal Mapping
    - In a couple of areas one or two of the normal maps don't seem correctly oriented with the lighting system.

===Performance
    - There is a framerate drop of around 30% when exiting Mountford Corner (the final corner) and in the Viaduct section (there should be FPS gains on low track detail modes if needed).

===General Efficiency / Optimisation
    - This project was started as a beginner some time ago, and has been a learning experience. Skillz, philosphies, techniques, and technology have progressed in that time. As a result, and the size of the circuit, updates are a rolling process, and there isn't usually time to do all desired updates at or by a specific time.
    It is planned that the older models and textures will be updated, optimised, or replaced.

===Continued Development
    - The main target of development will be updates/remakes of a number of buildings/structures.
    - 3D trees for track-side trees are planned (some unreleased work has occured but it is time-intensive).
    - New tent models are planned.
    - New house models are planned.
    - Separating painted lines from road textures (pitlane and grid lines are already separate).

=====================================================

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2015
  9. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

Downloading many thanks.

10. tjc

tjc Registered

:cool:

Thanks woochoo. :)

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

12. tjc

tjc Registered

:D

I`ll be there... soon.

;)

13. Emery

Emery Registered

You've done good!

Woochoo, you were concerned about framerates at one point, but they sure seem pretty good to me! No trouble with a single car, but add 29 AI and there's only the typical bog at the start.

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

wheelie ?!!!!? ....( really ..............ya got that didn't ya loool )

hehehe

+1 Emery
    Great Job

Check the preset Heavy Rubber effect.

awesum >>>>:eek: lol

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

P.S.

Good chance you can give me any your tintop skins I don't have too.

16. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

@ Woochoo...thanks for your hard work :cool:

I noticed there isn't a "getmod" link in the track file... do you have a problem with leagues repacking the track to include one ? obviously this will cause different versions of your track so I just want to make sure if its ok or not

cheers

17. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Yeah, I've never really understood how to put a url into a file, that references the file, before the file has been uploaded... :)
    If the league needs to, and can deal with it without causing anyone any confusion, then they can do what they must do.
    Thanks for asking. That's the way to do business :)

18. PMC

PMC Registered

I have a nooby question , not so much to do with your track but the packaging system .

I understand how Mod makers would like to have Readme txt to point out copyright stuff and or change logs and installation instructions , mainly for plugins , but doesn't the packaging system allow for these Readme's to be packaged in the rFcmp and sent to desktop ? It seems a waist of a packaging system to have to repack everything to a zip/rar file just to include a readme text ?

My guess it'll only package stuff within the game , maybe i'm wrong ?

Oh thanx for your hard work woochoo .

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2015
  19. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Thanks for also adding a little "Indycar Love". Nice icing on the cake. (on top of all the other icing)

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+100 mate

Should be standards for all modders directed to maybe rFactor2/Support/Readmes ao they always archived

I not too keen on desktop idea, that's just me

Woo is one of the few includes a readme in his packages ( well he did in earlier uploads )