[REL] Longford 1967 v1.0 [2018-08-15]

Discussion in 'Locations' started by woochoo, Mar 15, 2013.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Great stuff :)

I would not mind downloading 2 versions woo , not to be greedy mind you.

A race one haybales no reflectors for historical and a street version no bales and reflectors. :)

P.S. Have the Street version races start at the Pub.

lopl

2. Justy

Justy Registered

Ace! Thanks woochoo, can't wait to get home and give it a blast!

Edit: So I jumped the gun a bit (that'll teach me for not reading the post properly) anyhoo, look forward to seeing get the update.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

3. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Sorry Durge, unlikely :)
    But, I've seen you drive around there in cruise mode sometimes, and do a bit of exploring, so at least the next release will be nicer to look at.
    Still no sheep or fish, but the water has had a slight upgrade too :)

4. husky410

husky410 Registered

Thank you for this. Will give it a try this evening. Thanks again for all the work.

5. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

You will not be disappointed.

6. Linus27

Linus27 Registered

Thank you so much, love this track and the quality is amazing so any improvements will be mind blowing. Keep up the great work.

7. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Hey whoochoo! Ran this the other night, after forgetting about it. I was running URD's new Ferruccio (or whatever it is)and ran across Longford in my list.
    I gotta say, after absentmindedly forgetting about, it was like a brand new experience. I plumb forgot how special this piece of work is.

The bad part is.... It's been so long since I checked out the fish pond.... there's no fish now, the turtles have taken over.
    P.S. you need to try out the Ferruccio on your own track.
    Thanks again for this great fishing area.

8. woochoo

woochoo Registered

As if it wasn't the first track I tried the Ferruccio on :p

Thanks for the compliments guys. The next release will have a new road diffuse texture, and possibly new grass textures. There are other updates too.
    The 3d trees might get held back a little further though. They're just not quite in the current work-flow (mainly road and terrain meshes/textures).
    Terrain updates include more attention to the waterways, but as yet no inhabitants.
    You might wonder why I've worked on the waterways. I'm trying to get all the terrain work 'done for now'. And it pretty much is at this stage.

Next release will have a slightly higher texture load too. I've upgraded some of the bits that were still there from the very first rF1 version, waaay back in 2010.

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

You're teasing us again ;)

10. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

@woochoo

How is it going man? :) Any updates :)

11. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Hi feels, nice to see you around :)

Haven't had a whole lot of time to work on it recently.
    I 'dug' back into the terrain after the last post.
    I've got a new terrain texture set underway. To go with that I've done some up-resing of the terrain geo for better mapping and colouring, and some general triangulation rationalisation.
    I'll have to reset a bunch of stuff to ground-level after the terrain is done, and that might just about do for a release (will also include new viaduct, new culverts, improved road and new road textures, other stuff).
    That should mean the road and terrain are in much better shape, and then I can get back to working on updating buildings and other objects for the following release... sometime...

So next release, between one and a few months. The release after that? no idea. So much I want to do to it.

Here's an in progress change-log:
    - Viaduct: New Model (more polys, more pixels, more precise).
    - Roadside Marker Posts: Replaced with new models and textures (including pseudo- retro-reflectors).
    - Road: New T1/diffuse textures.
    - Road: Some variation to road edge geometry.
    - Road: Added some road surface repair patches.
    - Terrain: Added geometry to some verge edges for variation and texture lerping.
    - Terrain: Based on photo reference, some verges have changed from grass to gravel.
    - Culverts: New models for Viaduct, Tannery Straight, and Newry Road culverts.
    - Grass: Some minor adjustments to grass textures - [probably will be entirely new textures by the time of release]
    - River: Added geometry to river and river shore, to improve mapping and appearance.
    - Trainlines: New trainline meshes, adjusted textures, added specular and normal mapping.
    - Fences: New wire texture for fences (includes rusty barbed wire).
    - Fences: Added normal mapping to some fence elements.
    - Trees: Rearranged some poplar trees after Newry Corner.
    - Sponsor Banners: Adjusted some textures and added specular and normal maps to some banners.

12. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Thank you sir!
    Take your time.

13. Essemo

Essemo Registered

Hi Woochoo,
    Just wanted to say how much I love driving on your Longford track and to thank you for the great work you've done to bring it to life. Also was wondering if you'd consider releasing your Lobethal track as a WIP for others to work on? I'm from Adelaide originally and would love to have this track to drive on, even in an unfinished state.

14. woochoo

woochoo Registered

As for Lobethal...
    I'll say a couple of things.
    - I want to keep it as a personal project
    - It is in devmode
    - It is very under-developed (maybe only had two months work in about four years)
    - If I were to continue on it, I'd consider starting from scratch
    - I've bought aerial photos from an SA govt department years ago (cleared for non-commercial use), but haven't had the time to get them in-game.
    - I really doubt I'll have enough time to work on it to any useful degree
    Conclusion (reached somehow): yes, I would consider making it public, in collaboration, but only to a moderately experienced modder/modeler (it's too big for a beginner i reckon - and currently it's not at rF2 quality).

15. VMaxMuffin

VMaxMuffin Registered

Hey, me too! I'm (still) in Adelaide

I'd love to see this track in rF2 (and maybe other sims down the line), however I understand that given that you want to match the quality of your Longford track, it would be a while away.

16. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Nice to hear some enthusiasm for it :)
    tbh, Longford might be my last track. While I'd probably be comparatively efficient doing Lobethal due to reusing various Longford assets, it would still take a good while on my own.
    If anyone with the time and talent wanted to get involved I'd probably not have too many reasons not go with it (drop me a PM - preferably if the modder has completed at least one reasonable quality track for rF1/2).
    Someone in Adelaide/SA working on it would be very helpful too.
    After all, I'd like to drive an rF2 quality Lobethal as well :D

LONGFORD NEWS:
    Have continued work on upgrading the terrain. Maybe 3-4 full days away from that part being done (not sure when I'll have 3-4 full days available).
    Next release maybe 10-20 full working days away from release (those full days aren't likely to be consecutively on a calendar, so no release date known).

17. VMaxMuffin

VMaxMuffin Registered

Yeah, unfortunately I have neither time nor talent, hahaha

18. Essemo

Essemo Registered

Yeah, I think I'd put myself in that category too! My experience with tracks is limited to conversions and the odd enhancement for private use.

Thanks Woochoo for your response. I hope you find someone to help you with Lobethal but thanks again for your great work on Longford, it's much appreciated.

19. woochoo

woochoo Registered

20. Dodger

Dodger Registered

There is a small artical about Longford in the latest Australian Muscle Car mag.