[REL] Longford 1967 v1.0 [2018-08-15]

Discussion in 'Locations' started by woochoo, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Quartza

Quartza Registered

Woochoo this track has been great, thanks. I've have a problem with Howstons there, under a caution lap. After the fast lefthander leading onto the back straight before the final corner, the right lane cars always go into the dirt and makes a big mess. Sorry if your already aware of the AIW issues, bored tonight and thought I would give some input.

2. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Thanks for the feedback. The next release has a brand new AIW file, but I'll check that the Howstons can get around in the warmup/under SC without making a mess.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

apologies if already noted but only grabbed this track the other day (due to recommendations from most places!!)

- Needs the Start Line Green Flag bloke
    - Saved RealRoad presets dont load when selected, dont have this problem with any other tracks

Superb track woochoo, absolutley loving it :)

4. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Hi Marc, thanks for giving it a try :)
    The green flag start man should be there, on the roadside in front of the control tower. IRL he stood on a oil drum podium in front of the control tower (in-game you can see the drum next to the control tower, behind the fence). Were you looking for the starter in the little tower on the other side of the road?
    View attachment 10130
    Starter on the drum, on the centre-left of the photo

As for the realroad profiles, I've noticed that selecting the default weather will only load the realroad profile set in the .wet file (they're linked), which is 'A' - light rubber. It doesn't seem to matter if you change the rubber profile in the menus, it still goes with the weather file's default rubber. If you flick over to scripted weather you should have your choice of rubber settings. But, if you still haven't been able to choose, or none have been showing up on track, then it sounds like there is a problem somewhere. Are you running v0.9 or v0.91?

5. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Minor bug: if you outbrake yourself at the end of the long straight (after the pub) and fly off through the open gate into the field, you may not be able to return to the track without being disqualified. I went through the gate at around 200mph and the momentum took deep into the field, all the way over to the furthest fence... I then turned the car around and tried to head back to the track, but was shown 'WRONG WAY!' for a few seconds, before finally being disqualified 100m before returning back through the gate.

I've not built a track myself, but I'm going to guess that the disqualification system isn't something you have direct control over. Therefore my suggestion would be to move the field's far fence a little closer to the gate, so that it's possible to return without breaking any rules.

Of course, I shouldn't have been going 200mph on my first Longford lap anyway... so maybe I deserved the black flag.

6. woochoo

woochoo Registered

That's it. There are options to add extra paths in the AIW editor, but the only times I've tried them they've crashed the editor, so I've assumed they're not supported. The only way around it I can recommend is, when you're coming back to the track, stop your car when the wrong way notice appears. Then it disappears and you can continue for another few seconds. Repeat until you get back to the gate. Oh yeah, and the other option is actually make the corner :p Don't worry, you're not the first, nor will you be the last :)

7. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Indeed, that gate is an excellent trap for the unsuspecting.

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

But when you become more familiar and try harder to make the corner, you hit the fence post of the right side of the gate instead of flying through it ;)

Good news is you then don't have to wory about "wrong way" issues on your way back to the track!

9. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

lol
    Put some cows in there that you can hit to slow you down ;) :D.

10. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I've been able to get out of that field several times with out being black flagged. You have to make sure you are heading directly towards gate, which is generally a little to your left (left from where you turn around). If nothing else, if you go thru the gate, make sure you slide the car towards the left. That way you are sure to be going a little left when coming back to the gate. (and don't be fishing in my pond way back in there)

11. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

You guys could always run on my server.... No flag rules, just for this type of thing. ; )

Bryan

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

ahhh oil drum I see, only been driving the howstons here so it's difficult to see.
    as per real road I'll check it out, might well have scripted set will see. thanks for the reply, looking forward to future updates :)

13. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I just have to say this is a fantastic track, I never get tired of driving it :)

We need more historic tracks with quality like this... Will we see more historic tracks from woochoo in the future? :rolleyes:

14. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Thanks Hedlund :)
    I might have mentioned this at some point, and I don't mind saying it again, but I started work on a late '30s Lobethal, just east of Adelaide. It's 14km of straights, kinks, hair pins, a little bit through two towns, and fast lefts, rights, ups, downs. This was a few years ago for rF1, and didn't get to a release. A few weeks ago I dropped it into rF2 devmode. I'd really love to work it up to a release-quality but it would probably take near two years (after Longford is 'done'). But in a time/money sense I can't really afford to do that, for free anyway. Another option would be Baskerville which is down here in Tasmania. A short, purpose built track, so in theory much easier to do more quickly. It was around in the time of Longford too, so a historic version would be viable. But that would probably take the best part of a year, and again, time/money. So, the bad news is Longford might be the first and the last.

In Longford dev news, I've taken some source photos of trees for the 3D trees, but I'm not working on them yet because now I have to wait for some leaves to grow on them :p In the meantime I'm replacing one of the buildings. I had intended to send out another update in the last week or so (new AIW hopefully fixing the online grid issue, and new road detail textures), but I might wait 'til this building is ready now.

15. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I don't understand how hard it is to make a track, but I'm surprised at how fun and well made Longford is. It's like having an Australian Le Mans!

16. woochoo

woochoo Registered

I think it was sometimes referred to as the "Reims of the South Pacific" :)

17. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Really a great track for sure, lot of fun and feelings (realism, historical flavored, etc.) driving.

/OT I'm dreaming about Rouen

18. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Glorious country roads! It's great how much passion there is with all this historic content in rF2. If only you could be making these tracks full time. :p

19. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Oh goodness, you're not the only one.

20. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

While we're on the topic of dreaming, I'd kill for an accurate rendition of Loebethal or Mosport '67... :rolleyes:

[EDIT] Or Watkins Glen. OR the original Watkins Glen street course; that would be epic.
    [EDIT 2] Or Zanvoort '67! Or Kyalami '67!