[REL] Longford 1967 v1.0 [2018-08-15]

Discussion in 'Locations' started by woochoo, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Amazing! Can't wait for this :D
    Keep it up!

Spray also looks great.

2. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

I love Longford, many thanks for this, and thanks ISI for rf2!

3. vivemclaren

vivemclaren Registered

Super work as always!

4. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Nice work woochoo :)

5. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Thanks for the kind words :)
    The next task is to either/both adjust the current aiw and/or do a new one.
    After that i think the list is pretty short for the first release.
    Unfortunately time is a little short too, but i'll keep at it when i can

6. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Sv: Longford 1967

Nice :D

7. jws381

jws381 Registered

This might be my favorite rFactor 1 track. I'm not sure if it's the layout or the attention to detail or both, but I just love it.

8. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Woochoo, whats happening?

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Patience grasshopper

lopl

10. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Nice work woochoo...thanks.
    I especially love how you've gotten the raindrops touching the track to lessen at speed...as it should be.
    The rain spray looks great. I love the fact that your wet track surface doesn't simply look like somebody varnished the thing.
    Great work.
    Looking forward to driving on it.

11. evlknvl

evlknvl Registered

We were at the Longford Festival last year running the #45 FX Holden which run originally at Longford in the 60's driven by Geoff Munyard and again last year by him after 11 months of restoration to the original racecar (we ended up with the fastest early holden for the weekend at 104 MPH over 600 metres. Was a great event and also great to see you set up there with the sim and the old Longford track set up. Many people were interested in trying it but scared of making an embarassment of themselves!!! :) Hope you have it sorted for next year as there is a very good chance it will be on, there is currently works in progress to see if it is possible to make it viable next year without Octagon stepping in and making a mess of it. Great work, looking forward to the release.

Oh and you're release for the first rFactor actually has the #45 FX Holden (red) sitting on the other side of the fence in the pits on the left as you are exiting!!! Top Stuff

12. cookie

cookie Registered

13. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

14. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Hi everyone,
    I'm just getting towards the end of a couple of projects. They've been keeping me from Longford for a few weeks. If i had three to five clear days I could probably give you a release.

Currently the AI are occasionally doing a brake and swerve over the 0,0,0 point, which is on the finish line. I've checked that it's not a "normalize curve" issue, and the line seems dead straight, so I'm a bit stumped on that one. My plan was to make a new AIW anyway, but the last time I tried devmode was crashing when starting a scratch aiw file. Haven't tried the latest devmode build, since I've been busy with those other projects.

And, the reason why it may take a little longer yet to release; I'm heading to Europe for a few weeks, with a chance I'll see some Le Mans and British GP, so I'm gonna miss the ISI Silverstone release too :\

As for the #45 FX, glad you noticed :) I did make an effort to remake some of the '67 touring car entries. I had had a chat with one of the other drivers in the past and I've got his in there too. As for the festival, it will be interesting to see what happens. I was relying on the Shannon's Insurance truck for their g25/seat/tv setups, and if I understand correctly they're unlikely to be back at Longford next time. For the three days I've been setup there over the two years, it has been pretty much start to finish usage. Pretty hectic. And really great when every now and then someone comes along and clearly knows what they're doing. I had a quick chat with a couple of rFactor racers at the festival too, I'm not sure if you were one of them. Gotta tell you, it's a strange thing meeting people irl who know about Longford/woochoo o.o

So, in terms of work-load, the track is quite near ready. In terms of time, it's unlikely to be less than a month, but hopefully not more than two months.
    View attachment 8051

15. samuelw

samuelw Registered

master class
    SW

16. lbird

lbird Registered

Hello woochoo,

great news about the Longford track. Regarding making a new AIW file: Did you check out this post from bink and his aiw script? Seems like he is making good progress and probably this may help you in making a good new aiw.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/10255-Max-Bezier-Spline-AIW-File

And one question: Do you plan to probably upgrade the grass texture? Your screenshot looks great, especially the tarmac and pit building. In my opinion the grass is lacking a bit in comparison. I know it is probably very dry grass due to the weather, but still - just a suggestion....

17. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Yeah, I have checked that thread a few times. Looks good for sure. While I don't really enjoy making aiw files (at all...) I'm hoping there was just something that went odd in the last one, so hoping a new one will have it all sorted.

That's a fair call on the grass too. If it gets an update it won't be before the upcoming version, though I think that particular texture (1024) comes from a 8192 source. I might have a look at a 2048 version. That same day I also took angled shots of the grass, so I might have a look at those too. The road-side texture is also up for review. Buuuuuuut, the first version is mainly just going to be a first version. Pretty similar to the final rF1 release. It has already taken me too long to have a public rF2 release.

18. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Did some more work with the existing aiw in the new devmode. Concluded the AI only brake and swerve around 0,0,0 when the player's car is sitting in the garage. The rear of that garage position is somewhere around 7 metres from 0,0,0, more or less directly perpendicular to the point the cars swerve around. iiiinteresting. When the players car moves a couple of meters forward from it's garage spot the AI don't swerve.

Also twiddled the rain spray settings for a couple of hours last night. I think they're a little better.

19. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

I've never driven on this track but it looks awesome! I love all the bumps and the landscape:) Awesome work woochoo! Can't wait for the first release:rolleyes:

20. woochoo

woochoo Registered