[REL] Longford 1967 v1.0 [2018-08-15]

Discussion in 'Locations' started by woochoo, Mar 15, 2013.

1. TassyDevil

TassyDevil Registered

That is how the trees were, willow trees were and still are a damn pest near the rivers etc.

Woochoo, great job here mate.
    Love the cement dust under the viaduct!
    This is a great update.
    I remember how cars used to leave the ground going over the railway line near the pub, any chance this can be done?

Looking forward to the rF2 version.
    Great long weekends they were :);)

2. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Thanks
    I think I've read that at some point between '58 and '67 they lowered the rail crossing a little (or maybe eased the slop up to/down from it. Possibly after Tim Mayer's crash, so that would be in time for the '65 event. I've seen a shot of Stan Jones (I think) off the ground, but that would be very early 60's at the latest. Anyway, I just checked with the Brabhams in rF2 and they do get a little air. Not 'Flugplatz' air. Maybe only an inch or two. I think the in-game crossing is steeper than the current/modern/real-life crossing, for what it's worth.

As for the willows, I'm not completely happy with them either. When I do get around to updating them I expect it will be to a full 3D mesh (because that's probably gonna be easy for willows trees, right :rolleyes:). Same with the Plane trees in the town. I don't expect I'll be doing billboards for any of the trees though.

3. TassyDevil

TassyDevil Registered

Hi mate,I tend to be concentrating when I am going past those willows and don't really have a chance to look at the scenery too much. LOL

I'm trying to drag some photos out of cars that left the ground at that railway, it may even have been bikes.

Keep up the great work.

4. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Excellent work woochoo, enjoyed the rF1 version greatly and look forward to it in rF2.

Great to see someone getting older Australian content out; we may not have the best circuits, but what they lack in refinement (in real life) they certainly make up in interest and excitement in driving them!

5. TassyDevil

TassyDevil Registered

You are right, I was out there yesterday and the road there is lower than the rF1 version.;)

6. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Dude the Longford track is fantastic. Nicely done for sure. Gotta bring those skills over to rF2 or it would be a crime. Visuals are great. Even coming out of the stall the old cars back there are nicely rendered in the parking lot. Everything looks nice. Thank the farmer for leaving that gate open at that one turn, I went straight into the field. LOL

7. Dimahoo

Dimahoo Registered

Is there any news Woocho?
    Apologies if i sound pushy or your busy.

8. woochoo

woochoo Registered

No worries,
    I am busy, and combined with that I'm at the stage of setting up the reflection planes for the wet road reflections. Turns out there are lots of roadside objects at Longford... :\

The better news is, once I've got that stuff to a reasonable WIP state, and when I do a better job of the AIW, I will probably have it out for a 0.7 release. There are a few other things I'll fiddle with til then, but the reflections and aiw are the major things.
    I wouldn't mind doing a video soon though, so we'll see if that happens :)

9. ifrans

ifrans Registered

I really look forward to this track so love to see a video and your 0.7 release:)

10. lbird

lbird Registered

Good one. Take your time woochoo, the track will be great anyway. Together with the new Brabham and the upcoming eagle this track will certainly shine...

11. woochoo

woochoo Registered

I had little inspiration last night, did some more work on the reflectedenv stuff, and made a video this morning.
    It's a pre 0.7 video, and it's raining pretty solidly, though the sun does appear to be shining and casting shadows here and there. The rain is more like the weather during the 1968 event, for what it's worth.

- I've done some work fiddling the rain spray from the cars.
    - I'm not done with the HDR profiles.
    - I'm also working on editing the default ISI marshal animations, and hope to eventually have scratch made marshals and animations.
    - Everything looks a little yellow, which i think is due to the standard sun light being a little too yellow during the middle hours of the day. I don't have any control over that, and I think it would be a bad move to adjust all the textures to be more blue/purple.
    - A bug in the new build makes some surfaces quite white (the footbridge for example)
    - I'm not finished with the reflectedenv planes and objects. It's a shame that I've had to break a whole bunch of mesh batching in order to make the objects to look like they're reflected in the road. I'd also like some control over reflectedenv draw distance, but they're pretty pop-up right now ~100m. The exporter doesn't seem to add the parameter to the scn.

So, it's not going to be released in the very near future, and I've still got some work to do before v0.7
    :)

12. TassyDevil

TassyDevil Registered

Great job mate.
    I remember a lot of rainy Longford long weekends but again some bad sunburn ones also:)

Look forward to when it is finished.

13. ifrans

ifrans Registered

thanks for the teaser:)

14. Dimahoo

Dimahoo Registered

that looks stunning. Well done mate.

15. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Surely is looking great so far!

16. Slyder

Slyder Registered

Simply Awesome Woochoo. Easily one of the best circuits I've seen for any racing sim.

In reply to someone else, I found it all too hard trying to move my Coffs Harbour Circuit to rF2 :-(

17. Dimahoo

Dimahoo Registered

Ah, that was you?
    Well props and that. I love that circuit. What i love is the way you incorperted some of the roundabouts and real life aspects of an everday road into a challenging circuit. Plus it was good to see difference scenery to that of say Germany or Europe as a whole (which is very well catered for).

Gutted to hear you've stuggled to port it though. Maybe someone can help you bring it to life one day.

18. MrDarceh

MrDarceh Registered

this is looking great, good work

19. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

wow what a great atmosphere, thanks for the teaser and good luck with the development!

20. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Looking very good Woochoo.