empty servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scottishHERO, Feb 25, 2013.

1. scottishHERO

scottishHERO Registered

servers are empty , whats going on ?

god dam just release the game to the modders I want 2 play GT cups!

2. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

...the AI in rf2 is just too good

3. mike0907

mike0907 Registered

I agree with what you say.
    The lobby is near from empty.
    It is sad.
    I often play online, because I don't like to play solo to simulation.
    And honestly, i see maximum 50 peoples connected at the same time.
    I really hope people will join rFactor 2 community soon, because I love it, but I am afraid it will not be the case.

4. Golanv

Golanv Registered

5. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

The reason I don't play online is because I'm not confident enough with my skills to try. Quite frankly, I'm really intimidated :p Perhaps this is a common problem for newbies.

6. Minibull

Minibull Member

Probably is, and I suppose its the same for most people. I know I was a bit nervous in my first few XD
    That makes it all the more exciting though, coz to actually do well in a race with others feels way different to vs AI. Much better :)

Thing is though, only proper dicks will get ****ty when a new fulla does something wrong. It's not like they are serious hardcore races, the ones on the public servers. Even seeing people get ****ty in a practice if someone balks them...if you wanna hotlap, go to singleplayer.
    I'm much more inclined to get ****ty at peeps who ram and jerk around with others though, coz that is proper annoying XD

7. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

thats fair enough mate...but your skills will get better alot faster online ...find yourself a good league and you will find people willing to help you along

8. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Currently there is ONE PERSON playing rF2 MP, in the world. Frankly, fault is squarely in the lap of ISI. If they refuse to step up to the plate and provide a marketed and packaged product, then this is the only outcome possible. It seems like they are going to be happy sitting on the fence indefinitely, and expecting any potential customer to regularly check obscure forum posts in case something has actually happened (which it rarely does), and become magically educated on the various mod-teams and their developments. It is almost as if they are waiting for someone to write the final product FOR them - like modders or a publishing company. Like the way the free DayZ mod, sold hundreds of thousands of copies of ARMA. If ISI do just continue to maintain this stance of cautious, incremental improvements, with no solid future date for marketing and launch, then the software will just slowly die the death of one thousand cuts - just like dozens of other great projects over the years.

Instead, they need to take some risk, focus on polish and package, market and launch the f@%#ing thing, and then return to ongoing development. As is, **** seems everywhere and it is NOT a pleasant sight for newcomers. Empty servers are fatal. And they ARE empty. Especially with so many private servers and leagues running obscure mods that no one has, no one is allowed to have or knows where to get. It seems less people are playing now than 12 months ago. Hype and activity are just...petering out.

Pity - it had great potential. But I am looking elsewhere these days. Even the optimistic veterans are tired of it. You can't race alone, after all.

http://rfactor.net/rf2mm.php - still just one lonely driver.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2013
  9. TTupsi

TTupsi Registered

Have you read Tim's posts at all? Tim has said they are going to market the product once they feel they're at the position that the game is market-ready.

Ummm... No. I hate the currnet trend that games are released incomplete and buggy. I think it's wiser for ISI to wait until tyres, collision model, tracks, models and physics are ready and up-to-date. Afterall, it's not in their interest either that the servers are empty.

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Don't know what that says for everyone else :)

Do I get a medal or something.

lopl ;)

11. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Completely agree! Can't wait for 2015/2016.

12. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

+1

I have seen threads where people complain about specific players and shame them in youtube videos and on forums. I am terrified that my inexperience will cause inconvenience to others and lead to my public humiliation

13. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Hmm just go online as a newbie. It's a much better learning experience. Just race clean and no one will have issues :)

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

See my server in leagues section :) should be good for rookies ;) (I see myself as a rookie)

15. TTupsi

TTupsi Registered

So funny. What I meant was brought up to the LRP & Skippy standard.

16. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I'm sure there are multiple reasons for this and probably the biggest reason is because since RF2 is beta it means most drivers in leagues or otherwise oranised online racing are sticking with their current product. because of championships etc. or because fully-functioning.

If i look at my league, lots of members owning rf2 but most of us stick with rf1 because the new championships have started. its a bitch to constantly shift between sims, it screws up your driving because sims are so different. so people tend to stick with what they can actualy can use. and on occasion move to rf2.

And since paying for a beta requires some sort of dedication, (why would you pay otherwise) i think its fair to say that the current rf2 userbase are more or less fanatic gearheads. fanatic gearheads are usualy to be found in leagues etc.

chicken and egg.

Watch multiplayer when a new build arrives, suddenly the gearheads pop up from everywhere and multiplayer gets occupied again.
    untill people's normal activities draw them away again. (or when a build is hardly interesting)

I also suspect the majority of the casual racers will come in once the game is gold. so we would see more users overall dripping in one by one, adding to the current userbase.

And then people will start to complain about so many people online ruining other people's races....:p

17. Max

Max Registered

yeah it is rather worriesome that no one is playing this "sim" online. Even when "occupied" with divers when a new build comes out, there are only 50 peeople driving online. I myself have come to agree that this sim is moving far too slowly at this point, over a year later and nothing really has changed. Meh. They don't seem to care, why should I.. :) Right now there are 30 people playing online, with more than 10 servers with 2 people in them, and 1 server with 10 people. What a shame.

18. zim2323

zim2323 Registered

Too much content, too many choices, spreading everybody thin. Need to start with 1 car and select tracks. We had that early with the Nascar Racing series, and as soon as Project Wildfire came out, it literally destroyed the communit. We went from 1000 users packed on 30-40 servers to barely being able to find a race with more then 5 players to run with. Sad, but true.

Until ISI fixes the horrific lack of rear grip and makes the cars drive as they should, it's just another NR2003/iRacing skating on black ice.

Sure you if you push the car to the max and you're that good then it probably feels and reacts as it should, but for all of us that are just trying to get comfortable and learn, there's absolutely no feel or drivability to the car without some intense "brown" moments. And ultimately you can not run laps without spinning out. If I'm not pushing the car, it shouldn't be a matter of not spinning out, it should be a matter of only running the proper line.

Take note ISI. If the Assetto Corsa tech demo is anything like the final product will be, gonna' be a long road without some serious changes here. I loved the fact that I could get in the car straight away, put it on edge and make the car uncomfortable to drive, but still have recoverability. Didn't mean I didn't lose it, but it was much more realistic in terms of having control of the car.

19. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Neither of the leagues I race with most have yet moved to rF2, we are busy running series in other sims, rF2 does not yet have the cars or tracks we need. One league is running the odd race so members can get up to speed and test servers and such. As rF2 has not even officially launched then it is not really surprising the servers die down between updates, as has been said people get on try any new stuff out and go back to whatever they were doing. But believe me when the content is there both leagues will be running races in rF2...not that that helps for pick up races but hey, just saying that just because the severs are slow now doesn't mean they will always be.

20. corsa

corsa Registered

Wow, middle of the afternoons US time must be the time to be up online, I count 93 people online right now, including a Clio server with 15 people in it, and a few others with 8 or 9 drivers.

I think US evening activity has died down a bit because leagues have stated up again after the holiday break, and they are running rF1. With all the seat time dedicated to a league, you won't see a lot of those people also taking time to go online with rF2.

In my league, for example, we have a different series going every day of the week except Saturday, using mostly rF1 but also a little GTR2/Power & Glory, iRacing, and rF2 mixed in. That is enough to keep you busy, even if you only participate in one or two of the series.

We are running a "Fun Series" on Tuesday nights using rF2 though, to test it out and get members used to it, and we are seeing 15-20 drivers showing up for those races (our two rF1 LeMans series typically have about 30-35 drivers per race.)