Blackwater Lake TT (Track Layout Contest 2012 winner) - WIP

Discussion in 'Locations' started by KeiKei, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Galaga

Galaga Banned

I disagree with KeiKei. I see this as a debt and we don't have any idea what Feels3 is talking about when he says 'more important'. The only thing I can think of that is more important than paying a debt is personal sickness or taking care of someone else who is sick. I also disagree that anyone that entered this contest expected more than a year to pass before the track is built. Also Feels3 has clearly stated he was working on Interlagos first. Why? Don't get me wrong. I have no control of Feels3 nor do any of you or over any modder for that matter so it's pointless to fret over it. However, I do stand by my original statement and believe that Feels3 is delinquent unless more information/explanation is provided. But that's his choice.

2. argo0

argo0 Registered

Surely we all know, surely it goes without saying that a modder will only be able to produce content if his life, motivation and circumstance allow it? Even if a modder has given assurances or raised expectation or hinted or whatever he/she has said, we all know and must accept that 'real' stuff can get in the way.
    As far as I can see, we're indebted to Feels, not the other way round. I certainly hope we get more Feels content cos its obviously 'da bomb' (as the young hipsters like to say!), but if not, then fine, thanks for the 3 tracks you gave us and good luck with future endeavors mate.

3. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

Well said,I agree.
    I think croft is the best track we have,,,oops i forgot dunsfold as well

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Wow, so much self entitlement there Galaga.

5. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

[​IMG]

6. Galaga

Galaga Banned

This will be my last post on the subject. It is not about entitlement. It's about blowing off a commitment to build a track. Feels3 was not obligated to create the contest. But he chose to. We were not obligated to submit our ideas but we chose to. Based on the submissions I have seen I believe this contest was taken seriously and much work was put into the submitted designs. If the contest communication said 'submit your idea for a design and I will build it whenever I feel like it' I doubt people would have taken it very seriously. This is not about entitlement because it is not about whether we get the track. It is about how Feels3 is handling it and nothing more.

7. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

This is a very positive way to face something like this: you loose two times and manage to keep glad (one when lose the contest and second when possibly losing another track made by feels3).

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Feels3 owes us exactly the amount we have all paid for his work (the amazing tracks that have been released) so far.

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Você é inacreditável, Jerry.

The self-entitlement spreads like wildfire.

10. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

ahah é irônia burro, é que inglês eu passo a impressão errada eu acho ou em texto

edit: irônia não, iron
    ainda chamei de burro... Foi mal aê

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2013
  11. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I should use the same manner and say that I'm glad that KeiKei won the contest, not you, because he is the right man on right place, but I won't.
    Sometimes things in our life can change very quickly without any warnings and you can not predict everything. I didn't plan this, my goal was to finish the track in few months.

Believe me or not, but I don't feel comfortable with this situation, but it wasn't possible to work on that track in this year.

I'm in touch with KeiKei all the time and he knows my situation in details. We both still believe that we will finish that track at some point, hopefully sooner than later :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2013
  12. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Makes sense. I did not know there were specifics that KeiKei was aware of. Whatever it is must be serious so I wish you the best.

13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

feels we wish you the best in your life man, but please rfactor2 community needs your talent!

14. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Hello feels3, don't let peoples impatience bother you. It's not like you were charging entrance fees into the contest.

It's pretty amazing how much people can complain about things they get for free.

15. Galaga

Galaga Banned

I think it's pretty amazing how people can type without knowing how to read.

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Galaga, it doesn't matter you didn't know about stuff, it was rude and you were mistaken to behave in that manner.

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

+1 (and see my prior post)

18. Galaga

Galaga Banned

19. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I can remember 43 years ago, I told my wife that we would do this and that we would do that, but guess what, life happens.

So we all experience life, but Feels doesn't get to?

20. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Don't worry, I'm not dying ;), I was just extremely busy because of lot of changes in my life, lot of changes which I couldn't predict but at the same time I couldn't let them go.
    I don't want to make any promises, but I'm looking forward to continue work on Blackwater Lake :)

Small sneak preview from my work (and in the same time small OT in my thread, hope you can forgive me that one time ;) ) - the rest of pictures are here.

http://virtualcircuits.wordpress.com/2013/12/09/dtm-experience-2013/

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2013