Blackwater Lake TT (Track Layout Contest 2012 winner) - WIP

Discussion in 'Locations' started by KeiKei, Feb 25, 2013.

1. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I got two words about this project......flabbergasted and plumb-flumixed, I just don't know how you accomplish these marvelous graphics.

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I hope none of that rusted stuff falls onto the track while racing ;)

3. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Tell me about it! It's same with our house project. When we finally moved in people kept asking "oh the first night at new home must have been wonderful, how did it feel" etc. Well to be honest it was something like first getting a second job and working on that job every evening/weekend, then one day after doing this for 3 years and worked extremely hard for the last few months you carry bed to that workplace and sleep there. Very special moment indeed! :p I think it took maybe 2 or 3 months before it even started to feel like home. Unfortunately that's how our minds work.

And people wonder why I haven't finished our house yet - yep, I'm truly scared what kind of madness would follow! ;)

I guess we humans just get bored way too easily but luckily taking distance from things for some time usually helps. For example every time I'm away from our house for week or so the overall feeling changes - I begin to notice different things like hey this kitchen looks very nice, wow everything functions so well, how come haven't noticed before how good job heating system is doing on keeping room temperature steady, etc. Same for our track - few weeks of pause from that tiresome work finetuning the road profile and coming back driving put the big smile back on to my face. I guess too much for too long is too much. Or like one old Finnish proverb teaches us; "itku pitkästä ilosta" which means cry from long joy. :) It's also the name of one of my favourite music albums; great simple, hard or should I even say sad guitar riffs and drum patterns, very strong lyrics, etc. Well too bad it's in Finnish only and this is also getting OT so...

4. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Weekly spam update.*

*spam still uses simple T1 shader

Any suggestion are welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Cpt_Johann

Cpt_Johann Registered

That looks fantastic! Presumably this rich person's house isn't too close to the rusty warehouses? :p

Minor suggestion (as you asked) The steps at the front create a rather big blank bit of wall which looks a bit odd.

Thanks for the update.

6. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

This is the person who put that company out of business :p

7. feels3

Good point. Thanks.

8. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Globes on streetlight are too much square!

9. lbird

lbird Registered

And the garage with a nice Jaguar or Maserati in front of it is missing...... Otherwise i would not mind to move in :)

10. tjc

tjc Registered

Agree on the steps. Oh... and the jag. :p

The roof in pic three looks a bit odd but I think it must just be the angle as it looks ok in the other shots...

Apart from that it looks pretty damn good feels. :)

11. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

Um, that's the servants' entrance.

12. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Feels3 you nailed it man! The building looks like it's a solid construction and has weight. Too many buildings for some reason look like they have no weight, just cardboard boxes sitting on top of the terrain but actually not "part" of it. The "crud" along the edges where the buildings meet the ground is spot on and gives it a realistic look to it. GREAT STUFF!!!! Come on man, stop teasing and let me test it for you. :)

13. ifrans

ifrans Registered

Wow great building, some high society guys with champagne and with some beautiful women (like Monaco) enjoying the race from the balcony would suit the setting if you ask me:p Goes great together with the Jag or Maserati;)

14. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I should not check this forum during days of work, my boss still ask why I suddenly laughed like this and I had to find a "professional" answer ;)

15. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

With all those details, Feels you are going to win a diploma for sure. Amazing work. ;)

16. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Such a beautiful house needs beautiful stairs surely, make a feature out of them by having a wide set that come away from the building, not run down the side if you know what i mean.
    Great work though still Feels3 :D

17. feels3

Thanks guys :)

Remember that it's really early stage of development. There are a lot of things I have to learn for this track, over 100 different buildings on tracks require completely new work flow.

As mentioned in Interlagos thread, be patient :)
    Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2013
  18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Your work is fantastic as usual. But may I suggest that the track be released without all the buildings finished for testing. Then, you can add more and more detail over the weeks ahead so that by the time all the architecture and building design is done, there will be a finished track with AI and other features also at a polished level. You will get feedback on the track features and AI in parallel to the feedback on the environmental aspects.

19. feels3

No plans for that.

Track is in very early stage of development and currently I do lot of tests instead of real work on track.

It will be released when it's ready. But I can give you now few photos which should show you my vision of the track (at least I have this in my head at the moment) . It will be very difficult for me, and don't know if I'm able to do that with my limited experience but I will try. :)
    Working on another typical track would be much easier for me, but there are things I would like to learn, so this is my priority at the moment.

I hope I'll be able to give you a mix of these (keep fingers crossed, as hard as you can) :
    Yep, it's that huge project, don't expect this track soon, there is really lot of work to do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013
  20. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

The photos look like the track will have a Lienz feel, which I really like!