Blackwater Lake TT (Track Layout Contest 2012 winner) - WIP

Discussion in 'Locations' started by KeiKei, Feb 25, 2013.

1. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Nice feels, it's really fun seeing you improve along they way like this :)

2. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I had very busy and stressful week, but finally I could spend few hours on project.

Few experiments with roads, and some test with buildings and other details. (right click to enlarge)

Enjoy.

*current track version 0.11

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2013
  3. feels3

part2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Beautiful!

5. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Man O man I can't wait. Looking fantastic. Feels3 is there anyway to change the overall temperature of the light? I think the main thing that throws rf2 off is an over abundance of "warmth" or yellow in what I assume is the main light source. I think a much cooler temperature would work wonders for rF2.

6. feels3

At the moment you can change some values in HDR, but I don't do that till rf2 is in development.

7. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Amazing. The attention to detail is marvellous.

Great job...as usually. The "Trackman!" ;)

8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

feels, do you know that with your tracks, all the other circuits look ugly?:p
    Your textures, shaders, details......are just perfects!

9. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Hi Feels3 !
    As a battlefield veteran are high resolution hd graphics not new for me but:
    DICE had 280 employee (this was in 2011:)
    BF3 is still a reference and benchmark for gpu's and graphic quality. I've no clue how you can do this but I'm really happy that you can do this :D
    The look and feel from the posted images remember me a little bit to the bf3 dlc "scrap metal"
    Thank you to you and all your supporters for the high quality work!
    I'm really exited for the further progress :D
    In the meanwhile I can drive on my favorite tracks
    (Croft,Portugal,Poznan,Sebring,Mills)

10. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Do you think it's possible to cook up an HDR profile to get the game to look like this..

11. Tortue G

Tortue G Registered

I don't really like that this pCars video show, I think it's "cold" and over-saturated :( ... I like more some (Feels3) tracks with Tosh's HDR, it's more "alive" :D !

I like your "experiments" with this new track, I prefer "real" tracks but it can be good too;) ! And that you show look beautiful!

And about your others (amazing!!) tracks, I think that you already know that but with the last build the trees ares now transparents :( , I hope that you will correct that, or may be you will wait for the next build :) ?...

Thanks!

12. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

It's a real simracing track, you just can't find it from Google Maps! :p What do you think of Mills Metropark by the way?

I think too that video is little bit too cold but different monitors have different colors especially if not calibrated correctly.

13. Tortue G

Tortue G Registered

OK, I prefer "real tracks like" :eek: , with a "racing" environment, tracks like Mills, Toban, etc are OK for me ;) .
    And with the amazing looks of previous tracks from Feels3, I have no doubt that this will be fantastic too, but with a more "wild" environment :) ... So I think it's a good project for learning more tricks about rFactor 2 maps and materials !

And about the pCars video, with a cold or warm setting my judgment is the same, I think it's too cold, saturated and "polished"... rFactor2 isn't perfect, but I like more actual rf2 graphics than pCars visuals (maybe I'm the only one :confused: :D...)

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2013
  14. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Been personally against fantasy tracks in the past. Now that I think of it it has been bit silly from me. :) Actually there are many benefits when designing/creating fantasy track, especially on a "non-racing environment" like this project, because everything can be tested/changed to fit racing needs which is of course very difficult with real environment - at least on this kind of racing track on regular roads type.

I'm pretty confident too that you won't be having fantasy track feeling when driving on this location. As everyone can see from feels3's previous tracks he's extremely talented on creating believable real-world objects and textures. On top of that I also feel he's very good on visioning/designing/creating larger environment as can already be seen from screenshots.

Indeed very good project for him to test various things, make use of his artistic mind and at the same time improve his skills.

15. tjc

tjc Registered

Big +1 on this KeiKei...

I too used to be of the mind that fantasy tracks were not for me but I`ve changed my mind somewhat as well, certainly for some fantasy tracks anyway...

I will always have many more real tracks in my collection than fantasy ones but I`ve discovered one or two fantasy tracks that I`m really having a good time with.

feels will provide an excellent track, I`ve no doubt on this whatsoever...

Really looking forward to it. :)

16. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Must admit, fantasy or real never really bothered me. Important thing for me is nice racing flow. I found the ISI fantasy tracks to have great flow where you can really get up a nice rhythm which have some great combinations of fast chicanes, high spend bends, double apexes and challenging tight corners not just thrown in for the sake of it but connected nicely to create a really satisfying flow of corners.

17. tjc

tjc Registered

+1

:)

18. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

I sure hope he puts some good texture in the road. I'd like at least one treacherous bumpy hard braking zone.

19. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

I'm sure he will and has already added some really nice textures. Road mesh is currently extremely smooth but believe it's best to start this way and not the other way around. We haven't discussed about making road surface rough but for sure it's something which will be considered at some point. To me personally somewhat bumpy road surface is nice addition for increasing immersion especially for environment like this (for example Croft is very good).

As for the question about bumpy braking zones; there are already three pretty challenging braking zones so we need to make sure this track doesn't become too difficult and tiresome. But I like the idea so who knows.

20. feels3

I have just read this. Don't worry, I hate my all tracks too :p .

You know, it is like when you start work on new project, you have a lot of will, energy and you are very enthusiastic and have a lot of new ideas. This is how usually looks like beginning of the each new project...

...at the end you will want to forget about this track immediately after release. No worries, it's normal reaction ;)

But after each project just after few days you start looking for new challanges :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2013