V8 Supercars 2012

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Harry Tulloch, Feb 22, 2013.

1. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Same with me. In All Cars And Tracks I get a CTD. I'm sure FVR will look into it. Or not. You can always make your own vmod with what tracks you want if wanting to single player route.

2. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

We are working on various things for an update in the near future. By any chance does anyone who is experiencing CTDs with the MOD have a Trace file that we can reference?

3. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

Where would I find the trace file?

4. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

To create a Trace file open the advanced tab of the RF2 launcher and add the text =trace=1000 in the text argument window and save the parameters. Then when you run the game RF2 will generate a trace.txt file in the Rfactor2\Userdata\Log folder. When you get a CTD this trace.txt file will hopefully shine some light on what is happening :)

Then pop on over to the FVR forums and post a copy of your Trace file and we can take a look at what is happening (we usually prefer that any error diagnosis is done over there to keep this forums less cluttered) or PM it to me at FVR and I can take a look :)

5. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Made the trace file for you dbens1 and tried to post at FVR but couldn't. Tried to send a pm to you at FVR but got an error.

6. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

I fixed mine by deleting an older version of croft track, i had two versions installed.

7. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

No double tracks here. :(

8. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

If you are still having ctd's, make yourself a vmod with some of the tracks and the cars and see if it works, if it CTD's then choose other tracks and make another one.

9. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

@FlashQld I race with SLR so have made vmods and works fine. The hours difference we don't get to run together a lot so I depend on single player to practice on the tracks. Only CTD when using All Cars And Tracks.

10. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

So you have made a vmod with all the tracks on your PC and no CD, then I would suggest maybe making a vmod with half your cars and see if that CTD's. When I have a fault when I making these things, sometimes to narrow it down I load half and half and narrow it down. Somewhere in there you have a track or a car that clashes with our stuff and until we either have all the stuff you have on your PC or you narrow it down it will always fail. Not all people have the issue so its something common with the ones that do. You have said yourself that when you run with SLR you have vmods that work so its of the tracks or cars that aren't in there. It could be something as silly as the same name on two parts in our MAS files.

11. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

OK Here is what I found. I fired up my game and loaded the All Cars and tracks option. Selected Limerock Park and went to the session. Went to drive and CTD.

Checked my mods and removed all the DTM tracks from my install. Go back in to game and no CTD. Later today when I get a chance I will remove all 3rd party tracks and then start adding them till I get a CTD. That might help track down what is causing part of the issue

12. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

I can only race offline now with a vmod I get ctd with all cars any hint to a list of them tracks as i dont know which ones they where lol

13. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

So far I know it is safer to get rid of all tracks that start with DTM (it may not be all of them, no one that I know of has tested all of them) One car mod has also been mentioned. I think that the car mod may have been a guess and really tracks are the culprit.
    The way I interpret that problem is that a Vmod will run because only specific tracks (that don't cause crashes) are called up by rF2 and the
    "All Car and Tracks" makes rF2 look at (or whatever it does) all tracks - thus you have a crash if an installed track has problems.

14. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Tend to agree with you JC, by the sound of them they are a time bomb for some. Once again, easy way is create a Vmod for the DTM tracks, half of them, if it doesn't crash then do a vmod for the other half.

15. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

Bes mod conflicts too.

16. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

@FashQld I am good with making a vmod for what I wanna run with the V8's. Sounds like it's the DTM tracks making the issue. They look like crap anyways. Wish they would take them out of the BTSync download.

17. Coanda

Coanda Registered

G'Day,

I finally figured out what was making my rF2 go mental with mod. As suspected it is down to non-symmetrical setup changes. This would explain why it doesn't behave this way early in my test session as I am only basic symmetrical setup changes. As I dial in each corner then the problems begin. I traced the culprit and for me it goes mental when I make non-symmetrical camber changes.

I hope this helps.

18. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

incorrect

19. Coanda

Coanda Registered

G'Day,

With the release of Symmons Plains Raceway, I have a small issue whereby it is locking out the differential ratio option under setup. I have this set to adjustable via upgrades and can adjust this on other tracks as well.

Also is anyone else experience the non-symmetrical camber issue/spaz I am experiencing (as mentioned above) ?

cheers

mm

20. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

Not having looked at the new Symmons Plains yet (still trying to get my system back up and running after hardware failures), I can only assume that the issue is because the TrackName that was used is the same as one already used in an RF1 version of the track. When we created the Trackconfig file for the RF2 mod we used our RF1 file as a basis for that, with the assumption that any RF2 would possibly use a new Trackname in the GDB file. If that is not the case then the trackconfig file will lock the diff (overriding the upgrades option) to the diff that is used for the real life V8 Supercar series.

As to the setup issues with the non symmetrical setup, I am currently working on upgrades to the files for the next patch, and I will be looking into this to see what is causing the issue :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2013