Jeremy Miller tweets (Senior Programmer at ISI)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TIG_green, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It didn't get missed at all. Most of the previous 2 pages of this thread was about this, including confirmation that he was still lending a hand with rF2 and had already been doing other stuff before leaving. It's no biggie.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

As I said, if none of you noticed since September, 2014, not sure what the concern is about. :)

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

First post Sad News, that's life.

I don't know why people worry about news year after year.

Like kids at a candy shop when they don't get their way.

lol >>>> ;)

4. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

I tell you what keeps me up at night... Global Thermonuclear Warfare... I get flashbacks from back in 19 and 83 when I was almost in the BIG ONE.

[​IMG]

5. stonec

stonec Registered

Maybe Jeremy was working on this, because it has seemingly been abandoned :\.

Gjon: For those running race servers, there is a new dedicated server front end coming very soon, allowing hosts to easily create a race (and race schedules) by picking any combination of cars and tracks. In the launcher, users will soon see a list of available new mods they can install, and the race server list that they can join directly. These will be massive changes and should equalize the rF2 race join experience with that of rF1 in many ways – still without mismatching.

Gjon: The server list is packed with servers, but the lack of people online is something we are working to change. The barrier is on race entry, clearly. While some leagues give usage peaks for us, average usage and especially “pick up racing” has been lower than we’d like. That’s why we’ve been working on it, as mentioned above with the changes to the dedicated server and launcher. We think the race join process will be a completely different experience and look forward to the feedback we get along the way.

6. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Yeah. Any system is only as good as it weakest link. This has cost rf2 bad over last 2.5 years which is a great shame, especially going back in further in time you go. Its still clunky now but pretty much works. RF2 shed many players in this way, they just got so damn sick of all the race join problems, and bitterness over missing races they practiced for. People moan about slow content downloads but no code ISI can make can ever speed up a slow internet connection, these sever access issues should ideally have treated as high priority 18 months ago and therefore still today I guess, lets hope so. Be good to see what cars are running from matchmaker at least!

7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Hindsight eh? ;)

8. stonec

stonec Registered

Yep, something like this is badly needed for the launcher, though even that doesn't show car type.

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Wow that's some fantastic news. I really hope he means it when he says it'll be like in RF1. In RF1 I can do everything in-game, no need to launch the separate dedicated server app/program thingy. On top of that, while on track (or rather, in the pits) I can just click on change track and select any track I have on my entire RF1/SCE/FT etc. install and load it instantly. Makes it awesome when I play on my server with friends. Having to have some sort of pre-planned list of tracks, not to mention then being stuck/forced to use those and only those tracks is completely illogical, and on top of that the fact that everyone is forced to have every single track in that pre-planeed list even if they only feel like like playing for an hour or so on 1 track or so just makes it even more illogical.

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Not sure of it's status, but no, he wasn't involved.