Jeremy Miller tweets (Senior Programmer at ISI)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TIG_green, Feb 21, 2013.

1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

And they didnt get to find that rejoin is not working for example... For sure sometimes it takes more time tha two days to find some things. This topic has been sufficiently addressed to prove you wrong. It would be intereseting to know how many total hours of extra testing do these unstable builds testing provide. Insignificant compared to the whole community using the following stable build one day acter the release. Unstable build testing periods should not be less than one week. The confidence and reliability they provide right now is negligible.

Probably many of actual unstable build testers just want to have an advance of how will the next build look like. I personally only consider a build as stable after two weeks of no severe bug report.

enviado mediante tapatalk

2. TJones

TJones Registered

15min. ago:
    Builds still in testing. No build this week for sure. I am hoping late next week IF we get these issues resolved soon.

Still multiplayer 64bit, which makes problems?
    Maybe it's an option, to exclude this part for the next build?

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I dont think jeremy will change his mind. He will not stop until he fixes the issues already found. My concern is about the things that they didnt already find... I wonder if before going to 64 bits, they also went through the bug report list which is giving big headaches:
    - mod manager and vehicle updates
    - connection lost the first time you enter a server usually
    - rejoin to race feature
    - rain. Tyre cooling. Ultra fast drying
    - Track temperatures does not change when using Gerald's Realtime Weather tool.
    - Unstable behaviour in general. Installs might get corrupted when rf2 suddenly crashes. Up to the point if someone being able to make a server crash when using a determined car. Real case.

If this issues are not addressed 64 bits is a joke

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

great ...roll on next week if all goes well etc

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Could be anything, Jeremy will release the unstable when he's ready.

6. TJones

TJones Registered

Yes, and i will respect his decision.
    I think after the big response about 64bit EXE, he/they decide to include this at all events.
    A lot of us seems to almost forgot the other lately announced improvements, namely Realroad and new Matchmaker.
    With Realroad i could imagine, a more realistic (slower) proceed, or better an adjustable one.
    The new Matchmaker is a long term developement, and in IMO as least as important as 64bit. Some statistics about drivers archivements, new layout, maybe friends list and whatever thinkable. It's very interesting stuff, and may give multiplayer section quiet a good boost.

7. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Here we go, again... some things require more development time than others. Why hold on things done faster then, if they can be already released?
    You really think, 64bit is a joke in this situation? Ask yourself next time, the sim crashes with out of memory error...

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Yes here we go again... You are talking by talking. Two of the mentioned bugs are things that worked before and ISI spoiled afterwards. Don't make me laugh saying that some things take more time than others then....

I am mentioning the bugs I am suffering. I didn't get a memory error so far. Thanks for trying to priorize MY problems.

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

they should hold any build release back until its a good one , even if nothing for next 3 months
    +auto updater should be working solid too ....if not it should be totally removed

10. TJones

TJones Registered

That goes for a stable release, for sure. If a unstable release fails, this shouldn't be a big problem.
    Of course, it doens'd make any sense to release something, that doesn'd make it throuh internal testing.

11. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

hehe, I knew it. I'm not expecting the new exe this month even. :)

12. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

13. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Well I just put my tinfoil hat on and still can't figure out a reason why ISI would want a 64bit exe other than for the good of the software. People will argue about the strangest things. :p

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm actually preparing a 39 AI car mod (mix of URD and APEX mods) for an offline championship, be interesting to see if I can run this currently or I'll need to wait for 64-bit which won't bother me.

15. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Yesterday I had done a offline race on nords 1.65 with 20 URD-EGT AI's This was
    on the limit and I had to reduce some settings. I'm pretty sure 39 are ATM not possible.
    I'm a triple screen user and don't know how big the memory impact is due this but we have also rights or :D

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yeah 39 at nords would most certainly fail, I have had 34 at Silverstone international racing just fine (and me if course!).

17. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

It's someting about number of AI x number of different cars + track. Sometimes I can handle 30 AI without crashing if it's the exact same car. On track day where all are different rF2 crash far before reaching 30 AI...

64 bits is really needed, and as Bill said: we will never need more than 64 bits ;)

18. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Basically yes. Though it depends on the detail of each car and perhaps that's the difference you note. Some cars may have larger skins (1024 vs 2048) and some may have more polygons in the model.

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

40 Cars at Mid Ohio with same settings = No Problem
    40 Cars at Silverstone International with Texture set to Medium (one lower than normal) = No Problem, it did crash when on High.

Who needs 64Bit!?* :p

* I do of course as proven above ;)

20. Emery

Emery Registered

64-bit... yes we want it. Then we'll all get to complain how 50-60 car fields cause slow framerates, LOL.