Jeremy Miller tweets (Senior Programmer at ISI)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TIG_green, Feb 21, 2013.

1. TTupsi

TTupsi Registered

I suggest reading Guimengo's posts one more time, it really is you who is misunderstanding. A LOT. ;)

The post which Guimengo originally replied didn't mention unstable builds in any sense, it was about releasing 64-bit version to everyone before properly testing it.

2. speed1

speed1 Banned

I understood it as Guimengo's first message has been misunderstood already, but as you know I can not guarantee anything, I myself am married with translators. :p

3. crz

crz Registered

4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

@ TTupsi

I notice it's a new fashion to start screaming others misunderstood/misinterpreted, getting it wrong, misreading and so on, just to cover up they screwed up themselves and didn't get the point or were saying something they really shouldn't have.

I DO get it right. Why? As per post 1864, it is ALL about the unstable. (Well, for people just reading one or two posts and jump in trying to talk smart with al the others, it might not be as they didn't know what they were talking about.......)

And here's prove: the tweet from Miller was that the UNSTABLE might come out next week.......and HERE'S what your friend made of it:
    This 64-bit doesn't have to be released the end of the other week. It can take longer time for testing and only be out in July,

Wel....... he points directly to the supposed release at the end of next week. We may take it he did read that part from this. We then also know he knows about the unstable because THAT was wat release was al about.

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Who's your mistress, Chrome or Firefox? :p

My post had nothing to do with Jeremy's tweet, it was always to do with willz. ISI, myself, you, and a few others are in support of not releasing anything that should be in closed test environment to the public. Willz's post was in favor of it, bypassing the unstable RC completely. Lastly, I never changed my tone and I expect that once you realize everything that you'll feel the need to apologize for that outburst.

6. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Navigator and Guimengo... shhh, you are actually arguing while agreeing with each other, its embarrassing... stop it.

I haven't got myself into testing the unstables (yet), but wasn't there a tweet that the 64bit .exe is not going to be working in multiplayer as of yet?
    I can't seem to find that tweet to save my life, so sanity is in question here.

7. freew67

freew67 Registered

Not working yet correct. As for when its released who knows.

8. speed1

speed1 Banned

Currently Chrome but from time to time there is another :)

@Navigator
    No there is no excuse for poor language skills you're right but it's the truth and it happens all the time.

9. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Well I hope you don't die holding your breath.
    You were referring to the "end of next week" and you go where ever the wind takes you just to get your truth.

10. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I don't understand?
    I didn't use a translator nor did I say I had poor language skills or used that as an excuse?
    Doesn't really matter ;)

11. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Steady boys. We're in danger of going OT.

12. Navigator

Navigator Registered

You are right; lets wait for the unstable and get busy with that one :)

13. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

In danger of going ot? :p

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Waaaaaay past the point of OT...

15. Navigator

Navigator Registered

And you boys are making it better now, right?

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Lighten up. :)

But seriously, that next unstable really does excite me quite a bit.
    Thinking of actually giving it a go. Interesting to see the differences.

17. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

IF it comes this week then I certainly not gonna play it. Gotta try to skip rF2 this week alltogether :p I'm really trying to get used to GT6 again, with it's inferior physics and FFB..... Damn GT academy :mad: If only we would get rF academy, I wouldn't have to drop my favorite game ... *RUNS AWAY* ... sorry, I meant to say Sim :D

18. speed1

speed1 Banned

I haven't meant a special person, I meant that in general and with a friendly emotion, if at all it applies to me, but i said that just because of the quoted part above, and as you can see it is quite easy to misunderstand something as it has happened again. :) So it seems it is not just a plea, at least in my case. To support the emotions - no offense ;)

With respect to the actual topic, I do not like unstable builds, only when they are running a meaningful time it is ok but not like the last time that it is not worthwhile to install these because the stable followed short time later.

19. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Stable build only followed shortly after because of people trying the unstable and not finding issues. This additional layer of testing is helpful.

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Please stop the petty arguments, guys. Getting post reports and really it's not negative enough to do anything, but it sure as hell is annoying and time consuming getting them.