Jeremy Miller tweets (Senior Programmer at ISI)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TIG_green, Feb 21, 2013.

1. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

It's not exactly a fun thing to be finding showstoppers in builds, so I'm not surprised they are a bit silent at times :)

2. Radar

Radar Registered

Either that or this latest build is so good they can't stop but play the game ;)

3. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

They got so drunk celebrating how good it is they forgot to release it :D

4. Bart S

Bart S Member

I'm with TiG new wheel soon, think its gonna have to be the CSW premium pack with full support, what I've just heard on this site its enough to swing me away from the less expensive but equally good t500rs but with the added quality and solidness. Its a big investment an I hope its worth it for the future, the only other option right now would be the Mizoo wheel which I plan to build in the future on a second rig I have anyway. I'm looking forward to my new purchase, 2hr a day of sim racing diserves the best equipment without spending £4k on a bodnar wheel.
    RF2 is good now but I really wish the frame rate would improve, yes I'm saying it again the heart of sim racing is no compromise performance you really cant have a sim where a practice and qualifying session is held in the day perfect weather acheiving 80-90fps on avg then the race comes and surprise surprise its got night time thrown in with some crazy weather and headlights going on and oops the frame rate drops to ooooowwww 40-69fps its a total race ruiner, is this sim racing no its luck, now yes I may be talking public server crap but whats the difference weather is unpredictable and it happens, when your faced with the race on the starting grid I'm like oh its night time didn't expect that then half way through the race oh it starts with the weather. SH*T I wish I wasn't greedy with my graphics b4 the race started now I have to put up with half the framerate which below 60 IMHO is not good enough for control, I lost the race I could of won and its out of my control once the race starts on the grid.
    ISI really need to set some standards here, perhaps render in the background maximum full night and weather effect simulation during practice and quali sessions so we can do our settings adequately and get a feel for what the race might bring the difference is just too great.
    Currently I play 1 screen on a GTX680 in 3D and this has happen to me a few times, I'm no longer whingeing about 3 screens and improving frame rate the game has a severe lack of consistency with being considered as a serious online competition level racing sport. Its no wonder people and leagues arn't jumping over to rF2. The sim is great I love it at a consistent framerate but when conditions change in the blink of an eye and it falls out of consistency I really wanna smash my monitor and snap my G25. I know I really can win races its just the games inconsistence that ruins my race surprising and un predictably. Itsa always the frame rate that makes me feel the car and behavioural predictability, ISI is loosing the essence of competition racing with FPS inconsistency each frame should be rendered at max worse conditions so we know what to expect this is not sim racing but luck.
    OK yes I know about auto FPS.
    ISI comeon I hate to be a public bore and people will bash me but it is what it is, I know theres plent of opto to come but theres the multiview fault and 3d and weather and night and day all need bringing into consistency for serious racing.
    CSW CSW CSW then some CSP CSP amd sum CSS CSS he he fannytec just for men.

5. coops

coops Banned

+1 Bart agree and very well said and written. But i am just not sure like you on what is getting attention in that way. a bit more info would not go a stray from Tim or Jeremy. CSW sounds nice

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Bart what's a mizoo wheel?

Since I noticed you were thinking about the bodnar wheel, there are 4 or 5 insane high end ffb wheels out there that cost only $2000ish; ECCI, FREX, ARC, and probably a couple others.

I'm in ur position, goin nuts trying to decide between the CSR Elite/CSW and the T500RS.

7. ccjcc81

ccjcc81 Registered

Well said Bart. I too am about to buy a CSW. I debated whether or not to get the t500, but I've already got a th8rs and CSR E pedals, so I would be spending $600 for a wheel, the pedal set I wouldn't use, why not spend an extra $100 and get the best wheel available? Still set on CSW, but I've got 2 weeks before I can buy, and I'm very fickle, so we'll see! (rubs hands together in anticipation)

8. ifrans

ifrans Registered

It would be nice if framerates are more consistent in every situation if you have a low-spec computer like I do, but if you already have that much framerates per second like you do, do you really think you are gonna win more races with it because of a more consistent framerate?
    The reason I'm asking that question is because I race always with 20-30 framerates, and even with that I manage to race with others, and sometimes win, with my G25. And in the end everyone has the framerate difference, what equals it out. I could perform better but I'm quite sure if I got the framerates you got that wouldn't make me much faster or much more consistent, I just have to look at my own driving ability and improve on them if I want to be faster.
    I do like your suggestion, because if I have a night race with my framerates it does get to a point that I get an occiasional framerate drop to 8 per second, that is difficult to drive, and there are a lot of people out there with low-spec computers who also wanna join league races. If there would be a more consistant framerate it would make ik easier to judge if you're computer can handle every situation and if it makes sense to compete in that league.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2013
  9. ccjcc81

ccjcc81 Registered

I may be relatively inept compared to some on this forum, but I'm willing to bet that if your framerates went from 20 to 60, you'd get faster.

10. Bart S

Bart S Member

Hi Spinelli this is the Mizoo wheel

11. Bart S

Bart S Member

Framerate = detail in feedback, 60fps is not so bad but if you ask me I start getting below 50fps and my driving suffers really bad especially when the drop is mid corner its like being given the wrong signal, what you feel to what you see. 80fps is so smooth especially with the wheel and a better wheel than a g25 I'd imagine to be pretty untouchable with car position round corners, finding grip etc.
    I suggest you try what it feels like try by turning everything off that you don't need, lower your screen res, make sure you pc isn't jumping in c1 stepping in bios. Get a consistent framerate above 60fps then lock it to max 60fps. Drive 50 laps on your own build up the rubber come in for fuel every 8 laps maybe change tires. You will be amazed at how the game feels and how your driving and lap times will improve and be consistent.
    The moment your framerate drops to 45fps your consistency will show in your laptimes atleast it does with me.

12. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

Jeremy, how is the progress?

13. bassweight

bassweight Registered

Anxiously anticipating the next few days! like someone said a 'couple posts up - no news is good news.

14. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

In that case, this place is full of good news :D

15. ifrans

ifrans Registered

Thanks for explaining to me Bart. I can't produce those kind of framerates with my computer, I really have to wait untill I get a new computer to test what you say. You make a fair point about being more consistent in lap times, I think that should also help with me. I really got used to drive like this, so probably because I don't have that experience like you do I just find it hard to imagine it will help that much. The positive thing for me is if it effects me as much as you say it does with your times, I will be quicker in the future when I do upgrades to my system;)

16. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

There was a touch of sarcasm in my post. :)

No news is how ISI work, unfortunately.

17. Antaeus

Antaeus Registered

its real chance that my rF2 activation expired before i will get this product finished :D

its really drama with ISI

18. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

The FPS inconsistency plus the awful collision reactions made me left rF2 aside and wait for the final release. There's no point to practice and qualifying on a sunny day, 120 FPS, happy cars lapping around and when I go to race the weather turns rainy and my FPS get crazy, making unplayable. As Bart said, the standards should be achieved with the most demanding situation possible, maybe raining during night, several headlights and cars visible and a decent FPS.

If we are facing a situation where only 1% or less computers can process the more demanding scenario, there's no point to have it in game. And I have a very powerful system, by the way.

A long time ago I told that I believe in a 2014 - 2015 gold release and people mocked me. I was right.

19. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Please... isn't this thread for Miller's tweets? Everytime it's updated I have to take a look here because I'm hoping it's a link to a tweet that could give us any information of upcoming builds etc... Now it's just full of **** and whining.

20. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

LOL, sorry, I wouldn't resist complain a bit.