rf2 graphics quality expectations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Build 156 is an advance regarding lighting at least, I think rF2 looks fine now. But I agree there are more things to do (a lot of things), and I'm sure colours can be adjusted, and flickering shadows can be fixed :)

I posted that video in the beta videos thread to so nobody miss it, lol.

2. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

seriously
    In a race you have the time to look at the trees?
    I do not.
    and be it flat or not ... no time to see it.

I find RF2 well and graphically even if it is there that suits me.
    shadows moving in the box that should not be too complicated to adjust.

patience

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

In battlefield bad company 2 the trees up close were a horrendous pixelated mess, yet everyone hails the games graphics (which look great as long as you aren't up close to things) yet in rfactor ppl complain about trees lol, not to mention battlefield is a type of game where u are up close and interacting with trees much more than a racing aim, yet it's ok in battlefield 2, but not acceptable in RFactor 2, lol too funny

4. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

I found that theres minimal difference between 'quality' shadow blur and 'optimal' shadow blur. Also 'Max' shadow and 'High' shadow.
    Choosing 'optimal' and 'High' gave me free extra fps with minimal graphical quality penalty :)

Wuts important to me is the quality of textures.

5. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Its because if the trees are set to low quality, the rest follows. The prob with distance trees in rf2 is while everything else is sharp and high, u can easily spot a weird low textures...like the trees.

Poznan deals with subsurface scatter nicely with semi transparent trees.

6. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

you ride in RF2 and with a certain speed is less important than in Battlefield or you're on foot.

this is my opinion.

I expect a rain correct, wipers.
    That we can make relay endurance after the rest ...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2013
  7. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Wow how differently we see things. All I can see is everything I love about rf2. Bad ass physics and machines. When those bitches coming out anyway?

8. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

lol

9. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

We do not have the same expectation.
    rF was disgusting but its output has become much better with the paste of modders.
    rF2 will do the same.

10. Nazirull Safry Paijo

VLN textures were kewlll!!! Hope theyre gonna be back!
    The challenge is to do one dat can adapt well to changing conditions...weather, time of day n hdr :p

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Once I get in the car and focus and put all my energies towards the job at hand, which is to race the car, battle the car's limits as well as your own personal limits, then I don't see what the problem with RF1 is (especially if you use super sampling to get rid of all jaggies and every line is nice and sharp/straight).

However, if you are driving like my grandma because you want to look at textures and grass and trackside bathrooms, or if you want to pause the game and jerk off to a screen shot of the game, then I completely understand where you are comming from :).

12. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

This thread is the best, what's the saying again "Ignorance is bliss" ?
    It's mostly great because some people can't seem to understand that not everyone shares their opinion so they have to repost it 30times.

Have you guys heard of an option menu? Please let the devs get as much out of the game that's possible, all the guys who like it the way it is can manually set everything to low

13. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I agree, I have always liked how ISI approaches cockpit art. They look like realistic interiors being used in real life. In other sims I usually only see sterile, perfect world cockpits that have nothing to do with reality. Too many modders also fall to this trap :/ Let there be dents, dirt, scratches, bad paint, wear, and materials other than reflective leather.

14. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

rF just see the original.
    @Nazirull Safry Paijo
    VLN is not ISI

@Spinelli
    +1
    @Johannes Rojola
    +1
    @Timpie Claessens
    +1

rFactor2, I find it great as it is now.
    optimize it will not hurt, even if it is not what I expect from ISI.

15. KernigWRC

KernigWRC Registered

The features and the racing athmosphere of the beta are just a small taste of the upcoming rFactor2. And the racing athmospere of the Beta is better than any other racing game at the moment. Try a weather change in the sunrise, the change from wet to dry Realroad the changing of grip conditions and much more. Games like pCars and Assetto Corsa will have nice gfx and lots of cars and tracks but for me things like realroad and these tire physics count more because they change the software from a physics and graphics simulation into a racing simulation.

Sorry for bad english.

16. Wheelzpin

Wheelzpin Registered

I've always like ISI graphics, since SCGT. I don't need so-called "photorealistic" graphics to provide an immersive experience. As someone else said, once the race starts, the only things I pay attention to are the cars around me, the track, and my braking points. I can't say I've paid much attention to the colour of the cows in the field.

That said, there are certainly areas where the graphics in rF2 fall down. Optimization, for one. Given we don't have those photo-real graphics, we should be getting more fps out of mid to high end cards than we currently do. Smoke and dust need some serious work. Tire smoke should look and act more like smoke than a curtain. Having rain is great, but unless it interacts graphically with our world (i.e., windshield and mirrors, tire spray) it's not much use.

The lack of visual damage diminishes the experience. I want to be able to see that the car I'm coming up on has a front quarter panel crushed, which could mean steering issues for that driver as we head into a corner. HDR is still a mess. I'm especially bother that the current crop of add-on profiles mostly seem geared towards one type of light (sunny, cloudy, night). If an HDR profile can't work across all those changes seamlessly, it's useless to have weather changes or day/night transitions.

My expectations of rF2 graphics is that all these issues, and more, will be addressed and the overall graphic layer of the game will be enhanced to meet the needs of most people, not just the few who claim not to care about graphics.

17. ccjcc81

ccjcc81 Registered

+1

18. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Setting everything to low won't work b/c u still need reference points.

19. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

@lucky06 --> +1 +1 + 1 = 3 which is 6/2 = 27/3 etc.

20. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered