rf2 graphics quality expectations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Feb 18, 2013.

1. TTupsi

TTupsi Registered

And I can't imagine why mod teams and gamers would choose either AC or rF2. Why can't they choose both? Have seen the kind of competition between eg. Race 07 and rFactor? Not in my opinion. There has been plenty of mods, tracks and gamers for both titles and will be in the future. Why would one be so concerned that only one sim on the market would attract all the gamers and modders? That's nonsense. There will be a lot of mods available for rFactor2 regardless of AC's, pCARS's or whatever games release date or quality.

2. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

No worries, good graphics engine is actually easier to mod than handicapped one.

3. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yeah and more sophisticated tire scrubbing, skidding and ideally things in between and at different speeds, etc etc etc

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

All the graphics people here are hypocrites....

Why aren't they starting the same thread about the sound engine????

Why aren't they starting the same thread about the game options and features (career mode, sponsor deals, clicking different answers for your press conference like codies f1 games lolol)???

Etc. etc. etc.

You all say these retarded completely unintelligent things like, GPU and CPU are 2 separate things blah blah blah lol like you guys sound like you read way too many forums full of 14 year olds who know NOTHING of how computer programming, software and hardware architecture work, and you say all this stuff like "why can't we have everything, not jus physics". "it's 2013 computers are powerful now, there should be no compromises" LOL so clueless...............

so you say all those sort of stupid things, BUT..............Then you ONLY ever mention GRAPHICS GRAPHICS GRAPHICS GRAPHICS.

You guys just are dying for the best graphics ever NOT because you want a great overall sim, but because you just simply want GRAPHICS GRAPHICS GRAPHICS GRAPHICS.

If you wanted a great overall sim you would all be starting the same long threads about the sound engine, about the gimmicky in-game features ala codies (that I mentioned above) etc. etc. BUT NO, I don't see you guys all arguing and going off about those other topics, nope, it's just, GRAPHICS GRAPHICS GRAPHICS GRAPHICS for you guys, which simply proves you simply just want GRAPHICS and then you will be happy (like most typical casual video game players).

5. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

6. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

If this topic gets on your nerves, keep clear of it... for your own sake ;)

7. tjc

tjc Registered

+1

8. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Agreed, what do expect to fined in a thread about graphics? there have been threads about sound, FFB, CPU's GPU's Frame rate, tires and all the rest. So really there is no need for that kind of outburst.

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...d-to-ask-but-what-kind-of-tires-are-on-Megane

Feedback has many forms. And this thread is one of them. People give feedback however they wish, and as as they are not personally offensive, we really don't mind. The thread I linked above, is a good example of a sound engine related discussion. These happen all the time, whether you see it or not. :)

10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

yo Tim sup brother? :)

11. Redpxl

Redpxl Registered

@Spinelli
    You clearly don't care about graphics, np with that, but don't get mad at others that are sensible to the visual aspect of things, or talk about graphics when the tread is clearly about that :)

Yes, graphics are part of the simulation and should be consider part of the global experience, like physics and sound. You're just one of the people that have little sensitivity to visual, in this case you're lucky but it doesn't mean your view should be accepted as the only one.

I've been in graphic design for 20 years and its a second nature to notice graphics in anything not my fault hehe (and before you tell me that i should use pCar or Codemaster, etc I'll tell you that I have ZERO interest in those tittles because of their physics and that I also don't regret getting rF2 on day 1). I don't expect spectacular visual improvement with rF2 because it is obvious to me that graphics aren't ISI strength. But no harm in hoping for improvement with time :) and have a better global experience.

Also don't underestimate the power of attraction graphics will have on modders. (if you're counting on mod to enjoy rF2)

from this same thread :)

12. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Registered

Wow holy cow. You know, I don't post much in the forums, but you know why? because I'm usually racing, lol. On rFactor 2 (or 1).
    Who'd have THOUGHT!!!!!

13. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

Well guys. Today i had an amazing surprise that i would like to share with you. Everybody is talking about graphics (including me) but today i tried the T5 series with my old 5870 and i need to share with you some screenshots.

5040x1050
    FSAA
    16xAF

All maxed out except reflections.

I was racing alone at Estoril and with a minimum of 50fps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With this level of quality i think that rf2 is in a good way to be perfect :)

Open in new tab to see in full size!

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I wouldnt say thats a sound engine related discussion, its just a question on tyre sounds, any mod maker can edit wav files, and some other audio settings that can be adjusted to change this, like people have been doing forever (and like in my, and the other guys' example in the same thread), thats completely different than the engine itself, which un-fortunately has progressed much less than the graphics engine has (relative to RF1).

Do to the sound engine advancing much less than the graphics engine has, you would then expect there to be just as many, if not, more threads about the sound engine, you would expect to see 26 page threads about the sound engine as well, but nope, just like children, its all about what you can see, not hear, or feel, or control, but all about looks, looks, looks, but hey, typical human beings in here I guess lol, all about looks lol.

On top of all that, Sound is the most amazing part about racing (other than obviously driving the cars yourself). You dont go to a race and get goos bumps because of the beautiful reflection of some trackside cone refelcting off the car, but everyone here knows that the sound of cars (especially racecars) is one of the most amazing things about racing.

Yet, even then, its still all about the looks, graphics, visuals.

There should be 26 page threads on the sound engine, physics, car setups, etc. nope, all about the graphics!! LOL

15. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

You want great graphics? Be careful what you wish for! As graphics beauty goes up performance goes down. And for me perfomance is already sluggish. I already have to run with no HDR, no multiview, and no reflections. Of course, I can't get a true gauge on potential performance because SLI WORKS IN REVERSE!

I'd like a moritorium on improving the prettiness (that I already can't use) and lets find out what kind of performance we can achieve as is. Does the graphics quality have to reach the mountain top before we can get a SLI update? If I need to sell my graphics cards I'd like to do it before they become worthless dinosaurs.

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

well go on then start a thread about Sound (an area I'm interested in heavily) and Physics and we'll see how far it gets! Graphics are a major part of computer gaming, probably the most significant part in most of the gaming genres, sure for this genre of game (simulation) its not the top priority but that does'nt mean it should'nt be somewhere high up the list and it certainly does'nt mean that everyone follows what you believe...if others want better graphics they are free to want better graphics...and you aint gonna stop them!

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

For me thats a just a fact of gaming life, I cant tell you the number of times I've had to upgrade bits of my PC because the latest game I'm playing runs poorly...thousands of pounds worth I know that much! If a game pushes the envelope and demands immense power from a PC then we'll have to upgrade, as it is with RF2 (IMO) its just a case of getting more opitmisation from the games engine to make it run smoother which means no upgrade. But...and heres the deal, But if ISI do decide to upgrade the graphics in 2-3 or 4 years time and you're still on the same spec PC then be prepared to have to upgrade...again fact of gaming life!

18. ccjcc81

ccjcc81 Registered

My opinion is that graphics and physics are equally important. I feel that ISI has hit the nail on the head with physics, and sounds are fine to me, so no complaints there. Not so much with graphics or rather, optimization thereof. That's why I discuss GRAPHICS GRAPHICS GRAPHICS in the THREAD ABOUT GRAPHICS. Good enough for you? Do you still consider me a retarded completely unintelligent 14 year old casual video game player? Thanks for telling me how to think, btw, I'd be lost without you.

19. Jize

Jize Registered

nothing wrong with talking about graphics. but it is wrong to assume that ISI won't to anything in this department unless the whine here is at it's max.

20. Rocksor

Rocksor Registered

I don't think anyone here puts graphics over physics! Thats why we are here and not in an PCARS forum!
    We are here because the physics, the feeling for the cars and the overall simulation driving experience is the best yo can get at the moment (at least when it comes to consumer sims)

For sure there are some topics related to the driving, racing and crashing itself that should be fixed, or are still on the wishlist, but what is needed at the moment seems to be graphical improvement. Because this is one major weakpoint in rF2. For sure the graphics is not as bad you could think when listening to some of the folks here and especially in other forums than these, but somehow it doesn't look realistic in a lot of moments.
    What I mean with "not realistic" isnt the overall graphic quality that rF2 can produce, it's the look. Can't tell what it is, but when I'm driving e.g. netkar pro I have the feeling that this looks more realistic and more natural even if the overall graphic quality can't keep up with rF2.
    And that is something that ads immersion. And in my opinion immersion is what this is all about.

@spinelli: so lets wish for better or maybe more realistic graphics, cause this is where rF2 can do the biggest step atm. After that maybe the sound engine should also get some attention. That is right...

And you said you don't get goosebumps from the visual beauty of racing?

Are you sure?