rf2 graphics quality expectations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Golanv

Golanv Registered

You go girl! mhmm...
    +1

2. TurboGigi

TurboGigi Registered

well,
    thanks for your reply, Tim.

3. Max

Max Registered

Tim, that made me laugh out loud. I can see you guys really feel that way too.. It's great lol

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Great statement Tim!
    APPLAUS!!

5. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Btw, what is the reason for the low fps at higher quality?

I know optimisations is gonna happen, but what makes it this bad at this stage?

6. Pits

Pits Registered

A "he said, you said post", these never work out well :)

he said "Originally Posted by TurboGigi View Post
    updated its system (10.?) With a marked improvement in graphics and frame rate ..... Why?

You said "or because of community pressure to have a higher number"
    It can be read that the "higher number" refers to him saying "improvement in graphics and frame rate" and you saying " Not because of what someone else did and we have to be seen to compete"

Me pulling quotes out of sentences can be unfair of course but, well, I'll put it down right now to not grasping the obvious, missing the point because reading it my way makes me a bit upset.

7. Seth

Seth Registered

Hello evrybody
    I'm an owner of Rfactor 2 and i've paid the Lifetime license....:mad::mad:
    Just to answer to people who said you can't have great graphics with great physics.....the answer is take a look at ASSETTO CORSA tech preview....Sorry guys from ISI but KUNO SIMULAZIONI made it.....the game is OVER ;);)....sad i've lost my money in developing your game....They have proved a small studio can made a GREAT simrace game.....Take a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXn3vfznKsU

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2013
  8. arnomar

arnomar Registered

I am not a PRO ISI, but i don't share you opinion about AC. I have tried it and i am very disapointed about it. It seemed very promising but i found graphics not better than RF2 (with same performance for me), FFB without life (with T500) compare to RF2. For the moment there is not a huge difference beetween PCARS and AC, NKP was better in term of "drive feeling". We will see the next updates but at this moment RF2 has the lead.

9. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Can't agree, FFB feels very good (Fanatec CSW) comparable to rF2 if not better (you can feel tires scrubbing when in understeer). Car feels very natural, predictable, just right. And graphics are way way better than rF2.

10. stonec

stonec Registered

There is quite a huge input lag in the AC TP which is why I find it quite amusing that you rate the physics/feel higher than rF2, as with any serious racing such an input lag is a no go. Of course I have no doubt it gets sorted eventually.
    The graphics are mainly better in AC because the colors/lighting looks better. The track detail on the newest ISI tracks is just as good if not better. But ISI definitely has some work to do to tweak the lighting towards more natural, especially in daytime conditions.

11. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Input lag is connected to FPS, more FPS = less input lag (Stefano Casillo from Kunos is aware of this, he implied it will be fixed in 1.0). With high FPS I've got minimal input lag, so yeah, I rate FFB a bit higher in AC.
    Hope it's less amusing now.

12. arnomar

arnomar Registered

I should understand that AC don't support the T500 because i don't feel anything. It's like i have just the spring effect and shaking effect when i drive over the bumps. I have read somewhere that the FFB of AC rate is connected to the framerate, that could explain my feeling (for standard graphics i only have 50fps average ... in RF2 i have more). For the graphics, excepted the 3D grass i don't see a huge difference.

13. thuGG

thuGG Registered

For me the style of ISI graphics/tracks are a bit cartoonish, AC is more real world like, so I like it more. And of course the car model and car interior is much better than what I saw in rF2 (but honestly I must admit that I didn't drive the Corvette yet).

14. arnomar

arnomar Registered

You should test the Corvette and SKIP (national series) on LRP, MID OHIO, SEBRING for me it's clearly good ... you need to have the good combinaison of Wheel FFB setup, ingame FFB setup and car setup. It's shame that we have not the same wheel, i could share my setup with you ... and you could share your setup with me for AC

Do you talk about build 146? there are nice improvements from it.

I would like one more thing in RF2 to have a good FFB, it should have FFB for the stationary wheels (LEO FFB plugin had this effect in RF1), it's would be more realistic

15. Led566

Led566 Registered

Welll...cool down m8 :rolleyes:

Since I'm italian I am also happy and proud of the great job made by kunos, but ATM:
    1. AC Tech preview is only one car offline, in rF2 I can actually race (as I did last weekend) against 30 people and this is a HUGE difference, we'll se how the AC netcode is good only when it will be released.
    2. AC Graphics is not SO MUCH better
    3. Physics: rF2 has still the edge (IMHO).

Where AC is really better compared to rF2?
    Is butter smooth, no stuttering no NOTHING and this helps a lot the sense of immersion...

16. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Game is far from over. Have a look at rFactor 2 Poznan...
    Kunos have loads of features to implement such as dynamic track, pitstops, night racing and rain, all features that will not be immediately available when the game is released and another question to be asked is will their AI be any good?

If you are one of these "one sim only" johnnies and you are opting for AC that's fine. Bye bye and dont let the door hit you on the way out. Otherwise you should embrace ALL decent race sims and embrace them for what they are.

17. Kalanur

Kalanur Registered

The graphics of rFactor 2 are okay. It's neither ugly or jaw dropping. Only those pre war and 100 times converted tracks look and feel ugly in my opinion but that's not the fault of the game or the engine. Compared to the competition it is lacking behind, yes. But not so much that it is making rFactor 2 as whole any worse than the others in the long term.
    So rFactor 2 is not a game that you can show your friends and say "Hey look how awesome the graphics are" but I don't want a graphical tech demo (Like Crysis for example) to show around once, I want a game to enjoy for a long period.

PCars is currently the best looking game. The videos on youtube (unless they are well post processed of course) are **** compared to what it looks like on your screen when you max the game out. But honestly when you are driving for several laps, you won't see the difference anymore between rFactor 2 and pCars, or at least not as much.
    iRacing looks worse than rFactor. The cars presented in the video posted here earlier looked good but the track looked quite outdated so the whole video had a taste of those badly photoshopped images.

18. Seth

Seth Registered

I do't know what's your hardware (CG, CPU) but if you don't have CG for DX11 and a recent CPU of course you will not notice diference but with a 7870 radeon and a 3rd gen intel I5 you'll see a big big difference...

19. Seth

Seth Registered

for the T500RS setting take a look here http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/t500rs-owners-discuss-here.309/ try the setting and you'll see a huuuuuuuugggge difference. ;);)

20. arnomar

arnomar Registered