What happened to the sim racing community with rFactor 2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guy Moulton, Feb 10, 2013.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You never never heard me whinge about a blade of grass on anything in any sim regards to quality so don't include me in your moaners list please :)

Even the people, quite a few that used to love older sims that still feel the need to let everyone know they do not compare today by pointing out their faults (that are blatantly obvious to anyone is a semi serious simmer ) ....on the other hand most likely oblivious to rookies who think they are driving the best thing ever made..........

Like what a downer do they wreck peoples books and movies the same way. lol

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2013
  2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

My league isn't adopting rF2 very quickly. Lots of others are int he same boat. It's true that league racing is a different beast and the whole community isn't as important if you create your own ecosystem of mods. But that only is true if your league has modders who can do that sort of thing in the first place. Most leagues still use mods that they find elsewhere.

3. Traveller

Traveller Member

Bingo!

4. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

My league aint catching up as fast either. But I cant blame them as this is BETA and some of them moved to iRacing and praised it for how much better it is. Although how unfair it is to compare between a community based content to a paid based content.

The first turn of is the graphics side of rf2, regardless how true the ffb n the physics (plus real road) is. Sad i know. But to each its own.

5. Hectari

Hectari Registered

6. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Whatta hell did I just watch :confused:
    Hectari, that is at the same time the weirdest and the funniest way to say "game over" ever.
    I so wish that would be an actual tv show.

7. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Conversions of conversions without permissions,from people that are no longer contactable, therefore cant be shared! all tracks convert basically but cant be released ...........

On the moral thing if I convert tracks for personal use only am i doing the wrong thing...
    my point being after my misunderstanding with canberra readme ... i decided that what ever tracks i would convert i would send away to there authors with a fairly finished product they can either tell me to go jump or give permission .. either way I will still keep it for myself. i honestly dont think theres a thing that can be done with people converting other peoples GREAT work .. it just depends on who they share it with ...Me no one till permission is recieved.

On a happy Note, i can now drive my favourite circuit in RF2 :)

Update for Canberra soon ;)

8. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Also on the permissions thing ...... Hey Tim Sardian_Hieghts is ISI correct?.. if so can I attempt to convert and send to you ....unless there is someone else out there doing it or Yourselves..

Thanx Jason

9. johnconner

johnconner Registered

Hey you can use anything that is not encrypted from rf1 if the gmts are encrypted that means do not edit or recreate.

10. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

who made that law lol?

11. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

THIS is what's wrong with the "community"... Me, me, me... And NO respect. *sigh*

I hear you feels3, and I respect that do actual creative content not just converts of stolen data...

12. johnconner

johnconner Registered

The Confederation and Perpetual Union lol.

13. FatCity

FatCity Registered

But its ok to use someone elses photo as your avatar hey :p

14. FatCity

FatCity Registered

And also why the Kinks said Cherry Cola in their song Lola.............just thought you needed to know that, but then, if you don't know who the Kinks are, then it doesnt matter, its just that I,m a dedicated follower of fashion, they seek me here, they seek me there.

15. FatCity

FatCity Registered

I hope you got Elvis's permission before you put his image in the crowd........uh huh huh ha!

16. lbird

lbird Registered

What a popcorn thread. Why can't we just get back to common sense and at least some kind of community ethics? Nobody of the modding people would probably sue somebody else in court for taking his work without permission. Too much hassle involved. Let's just put the law aside please, the moment we have lawyers involved modding is dead anyway.
    But i think anybody who takes somebody elses work without at least trying to get permission (which is hard work sometimes, chasing people from old mods etc.) is a scumbag in the community sense. What do these people try to achive by pissing fantastic community people off like tuttle, ethone, feels, arnao, mario and everybody else who tries to share something with us?
    Personally i neither have the time nor the skills to do quality modding. But i can be nice online, i can try to give constructive feedback on modded content and i can try to encourage other people to do modding and enhance stuff.
    But this is certainly not done by beeing rude, lacking proper manners or by just stealing stuff without asking....

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2013
  17. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

so easy to send a mail nowadays

18. coops

coops Banned

a fix not a fight would be the solution.

maybe when releasing mods in rf2 the modding community and ISI can do something like this... a log with ISI on release with relevant information for ppl to contact the author.

19. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Or "booger" lol

20. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Cdnracer, just tested your Croft GTR2 conversion. Way cool! Just kidding!