IS RF2 meant to be this atrocious....or am I missing something?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 65GTO, Feb 7, 2013.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

.................. atrocious....or am I missing something?

lopl

2. corsa

corsa Registered

65GTO, sorry to hear that your hardware is not up to the task, especially after spending so much time trying to make it work.

To run rF2 well, you definitely need to have a computer that is spec'd out for gaming, and one that is probably just a couple years old or newer. Unfortunately, your pre-2008 Dell trying to run rF2 is kind of like running a PS3 game on old PS1 or PS2 hardware (if such a thing was possible) -- the PS1 and PS2 just isn't powerful enough.

Or, put another way, kind of like showing up at the local drag strip with a 1982 Camaro Sport Coupe with a 2.5L Iron Duke 4-cylinder and a 3-speed automatic, when you really need a new Camaro SS with a supercharged 6.2L V8 and a 6-speed manual to be competitive. :D

The good thing is: once you are able to update your hardware and jump into PC gaming, there are lots of helpful people around like Hammad willing to help out, and make things enjoyable for you.

Heck, we all just want to have fun. Hope to see you on the track in the future when you're able!

3. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

I think you are missing the fact that rfactor is like 7? years old, rfactor2 is not...

4. ZMC888

ZMC888 Registered

Hang on though. I had a slowdown issue. Are you graphics card drivers new? If so, corrupted drivers could be the problem, if you redownload and reinstall and it still doesn't help your system is just too old.

5. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

Thanks for that Nand. I used to play consoles but after my best friend, James, committed suicide in 2008 and I sold the PS3 we used to play on, I had no option but to take this PC and try to get it to work.

Compared to all the positive help and guidance I've been given on here, your comment comes across as.........well it's here for everyone to see.

Stay classy.

6. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

No. No I'm not missing that fact. A brief read of the thread actually reveals that my machine is not up to the task, that's all....

7. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

Thanks ZMC888, I'm pretty sure now that the only problem is that my PC's spec' falls too far short of what's required fro RF2. I'll see how this year goes and will try to get a better one if possible.

8. frankwer

frankwer Registered

With that sympathetic story we all will donate money so you can buy a new PC.

9. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

honestly, rf2 is not optimized at all and even on very high-end systems it has issues. Before buying or doing anything new, I'd rather stay with rF1 and wait to see what the fututre will bring for rF2. Addtionally, the content on rF2 is still very limited and if you really want to race, stay away from rF2 for now.

and btw: if you're planning to be around get used to the fact that users will insult you from time to time. avoid any kind of critizism...or you'll get killed by the fanboys.

10. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

Hahaha, good analogy! Would you believe that I have a tri-power '65 GTO with four-speed?

Not to worry - fortunately Hammad is an absolute superstar and is helping me to get RF1 back up and running properly. When I get that new PC I'll see you out there ;)

11. hammad800

hammad800 Registered

I'm sorry but could you be any more inconsiderate??
    That's sarcasm if you didn't catch it.

12. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

rF1 lacks some features rF2 has, but at the same time, it's still one of the most races sims out there and there is a LOT of content available for it. With that old PC, stick with rF1 until you can afford to upgrade to a new gaming machine.

13. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

Thanks for the offer Spinelli! I've established though that my PC is not powerful enough for rf2. It's fine running rf1 so I'll go back to that for now and will see you on the track later in the year when I get a better one :)

14. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

That's the plan Gary :) I'd honetly be perfectly happy with rf1 - and I'm sure I will be once Hammad has got it running properly and swept all the garbage off my pc!

Oh and I still have GPL too (no, really!) which I can't ever completely move on from, so I'll cope until I get a decent machine ;)

15. frankwer

frankwer Registered

I see you didn`t catch mine.

16. hammad800

hammad800 Registered

I did. But still not a very nice thing to say, was it?

17. frankwer

frankwer Registered

I don`t know if you and your friend is trolling or not. If not, then you get my sympathy, not for the story, but for the way u express yourself.

18. hammad800

hammad800 Registered

We're not trolling. I'm in Pakistan and the 65GTO is in Manchester. We're both strangers to each other.He made a topic asking for help and I just decided to help him out a bit, that's all.

19. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

65GTO, has Golanv says have a new pc not only for rf2 (thing i do just for) but also for among other things, games, sims, work, etc. If you are used to PS3 graphics with a new machine you have this point particulary reached, also new machines with new hardware are something more friendly to user rather than aged hardware.

20. 65GTO

65GTO Registered

Thanks Cracheur (...love the name!) I was planning on being around and sharing my experiences for the possible benefit of others. By 'fanboy' do you mean the people who find humour in the fact that my friend is dead? That can't hurt me, and I have no intention of trying to hurt them. I know from my own experience how karma/fate/whatever has it's own way of balancing things out ;)