rFactor2 Build 146 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Stark

Stark Registered

It feels great, now i just want some Porsches and Ferraris to compete against the corvette :p But i have some strange flickering texture issue with build 146, atleast on Spa, has anyone else experienced this?

2. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

I have Nvidia SLI and my Race replays won't load. Practice ones are fine though. I had a race at LRP with 12 other AI that went for 7 minutes and wouldn't load properly (just UI and sounds). Tried again with new race and same happened. I did however subsequently have a practive session at Spa that lasted 16 minutes and that ran fine in replay.

Something I noticed when I pressed resume when I only had sounds in race replay was that I then got a display with models in the sky and all over the place.

Not coimplaining, Just reporting. Love the new natural colors on ISI tracks.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Good spot, works in practice for me, at least I know I'm not the only one then!

4. vali

vali Registered

Ohhh... I like this. (Dind't have time to try it myself... downloading now)

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Why can't I see the new replay UI when I press replay while driving offline? When in garage and watching replays I can see the new UI. Also when loading a replay from replay menu. (second post of this subject because it did not get answered before).

6. Diablo

Diablo Registered

Hmm, I missed this one, because the main website still lists build 134. Is that intentional? I was expecting an update after the weekend, because of TimĀ“s remarks about an upcoming build, so I checked regularly on the above site. Anyway, no problem at all. Quite the contrary, thank you very much!!!
    I also noticed, since the legal dates were mentioned, the very first splash screen still shows <something>-2010 copyright notice, and the credits have 2012.

Would you care to elaborate? To me it looks OK, but I am not sure what I would be looking for. I take it, positive values are for decelaration? So in that screenshot I see a correlation between the pedal inputs and the forces at the contact patch. I can see, when you accelrate, the negative values for the rears, and when you brake, both front and rear positive. Or is it the actual values of those numbers?

Cheers,
    Marcus

7. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Same here. Maybe that is to come later? Until then, you should know what to do. :p

8. ORA-Oldie

ORA-Oldie Registered

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet.. I haven't read the whole thread.

With this new build I found some graphic issues come back.. jittering cars and the slow patches where everything slows down. Previously I used the advice gien to fix it in earlier builds.. what to do now ?

9. mavericckk

mavericckk Registered

offline replays: pratice and quali works ,in race no work and CTD "Meganes in Mills or Sepang "
    online pratice quali and race working i tested last nigth with Vettes in Palmbeach ISR server
    raplays from last build works fine, tested in several tracks.

View attachment 6075

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2013
  10. Favio

Favio Registered

The FFB feels different... but better!, great update, thanks ISI team :)

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yep that's what I get, randomly one race replay worked fine last night but can't see any difference between that replay and all the others that don't work.

12. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

I'm not sure if it was the force feedback for me, but something definitely felt different.

I had been driving the Skip Barber (Regional) a lot just before this update so any change was going to be obvious - at first I thought the car felt more 'sluggish', but I think it was just the green track/low grip situation being better simulated. After a few laps it felt good again.

Obviously with tyre wear suddenly being turned on it's going to make the cars feel different, at least at certain stages of tyre usage and wear.

I haven't had time to drive a car until the tyres literally have nothing left but I plan to do that and see what happens.

Thank you for the update.

Please continue working on rain spray from the tyres and rain drops on the visor. These two things will make wet weather driving absolutely perfect.

13. CalgarySimRacer

CalgarySimRacer Registered

I had a steering issue as soon as I installed the new build. My steering wheel turning radius in the cockpit view with the animated hands on the wheel doesn't match my steering input on my G25 anymore. I tried going back into the controls settings and recalibrating everything, and nothing came about. The animated cockpit steering view shows only minimal wheel turning which results in me not being able to steer the car.

This happened with the install update of build 146. Anybody else having this issue? Any fixes?

14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Cal

Re-calerbrate your controls completely

Also if it keeps happening do a test & turn all details down to min or off , your system maybe struggling to keep up
    (Raise setting one by one until you reach an expectable level if this is the cause)

Good luck

15. raekwon

raekwon Registered

with some cars i got no info about tyres on the hud... just temperature. but nothing about tyres wear... the graphic doesn't change
    is this a bug? or only my problem? clean install built 146

16. TJones

TJones Registered

@raekwon
    It's an old bug, in case just reload the session should help.

17. raekwon

raekwon Registered

18. vali

vali Registered

Check this. It can be the same thing

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...g-or-feature-)?p=128497&highlight=#post128497

19. CalgarySimRacer

Thanks for your response Adrian. I have a 3000+ dollar rig with a GTX 690 in it and it runs rF2 without a hiccup. So system performance is not the issue. I'll try recalibrating the wheel again. Every update worked fine in the steering area until 146. I did not play with Logitech Profiler for my G25 either and change any of the settings. Must of been something the update did to the sim settings. Bizarre that it happened to me, but I don't here any others complaining.

20. CalgarySimRacer