F1 2013 f1ligue

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by f1ligue, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Magzire

Magzire Registered

But WHY do you care if its 100% rip from codemasters? I just want to try understand that.

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm not talking about Codemasters, I'm talking about the actual deisgn of the models which are a rip of the original real life car...

If this is a rip from Codemasters then thats a whole other issue lol

3. Magzire

Magzire Registered

But what motivates you to care and take time to discuss it.. You're upset about something but i cant seem to figure out why lol

4. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

It's a rip from a game released in 6 months :D

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

again, passing on information, read what I said in my first post!

then ISI should have this thread locked.....

6. Loetkoe

Loetkoe Registered

Actually what would motivate me into this kind of discussion (if I had the time or the motivation...) is that if the corporations that rule the motorsports we love so much find out that we express this love by making copies of their cars and sharing them to the community to drive around in simulations without paying the proper license fees for usage of their brand. A case like this one, as petty as it might be, might well draw the corporations' attentions to modding, even when there's no money transaction happening, and make it very difficult for us with continuous threats of legal actions. Of course matters are far more complicated than that but I only have time for a brief post before a good night's sleep.

7. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

I'll try to explain; The modding community is almost completely gone already, and if some legal trouble will starts I can assure you nobody will see any other mod coming out for years, maybe forever. So, your question is legit if you're talking about the final user, but is totally wrong from the modder point of view. Everbody knows the free mod area is like a pandora box, especially when the mod is similar to other contents released under official license for both quality and content area. A legal issue for a single mod should be like uncovering the pandora box...the same already happened for other 3D market area like Turbosquid with some car manufacturers and airplane trademarks who asked for a massive removal from the store. Lot of legal issues has already happened before in the 3D business so we're not talking about ufos.

Now, times are changing as we've a LOT of competitors (sometimes HUGE companies) involved in the same area and I can assure you there're a lot of people out there looking at what the modding area is doing as there're a lot of money involved into the licensing task. Did you remember Automaniax??...

BTW, I don't have any argument against the payware method as people is free to ask some money for the hard work done (this is legit), but there are some rules involved and if this system starts braking the law as a trend, plus making money, then we're all dancing in a thin sheet of ice.

8. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

I didn't know that Codemasters released F1 2013 already. Or they hacked their computers to steal their models !

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

to carry on if I may, should that happen and modders stop due to legal threats (even non-payware mods) then all we'll have left is the official licensed content from the game makers (ISI/Kunos/iRacing). Whilst that is still good it means we'll be getting one car every few months as opposed to community made content every week spanding every race genre...imagine a life without all the rF1 mods we have and just the base rF1 content!...shocking is'nt it, it'd be an empty void and sim racing would possible completley fail as ISI & Kunos are both relying a certain amount on their communities to make mods to attract new customers to buy their game.
    Without us they only have themslevs and they can only produce so much.

10. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

Legal or not ?
    That is the mod F1L013 (Fictiv 2013 F1)
    it is the player to decide if he wants to be illegally or not using skins with sponsors logos.
    now if I should be attacked for my F1, I should be attacked for my R8 Gordini, mods for my 2008/2009/2010/2011 (because even if it was free, it was illegal because thanks to my mod, my championship was complete and thanks to him I earn money for my dedicated server windows).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

While I have no problem paying for mods I can't help feeling this will end in tears. It's a matter of when, not if, as far as I'm concerned.

A donation model would be the way to go I think.

12. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

True, true but one thing you mentioned above, "why bother" This is beeing questioned by modders for last few years allready. Ive sayed it when discussion went allready about our stuff and some here clearly dont see it or just dont want to admit it. RF1 does have tons of mods and probably most mods any game had sofar but 50% of those were conversion from older mods, 40% were ripped content(plus those were allmost only mods in last 2-3years) and 10% were scratch mods and in those 10% few were actually worthed to play. So lets say all those % are 100 modding teams or individual people that did mods and im talking here only about cars now as example so we got 10 (those 10%) modding teams that did it, wich one from 10 quality modding teams are left and still doing it and who did actually join as new one?(We could even leave out the F1 mods as those were tons of it actually) You will probably come to 2-3 and even those are really silent now and not becase they are preparing for something but becase they cant do it anymore with the pace they did it and they just dont have time or the people for that.
    For the legal trouble Tuttle mentioned, well this was the case 10 years ago, same happened last year and you cant predict this if its going to happen or not but it will, especially with all the game developers right now. There are 2 paths for modders, try it with free mod if you will ever finish it as we have seen alot of mods that never came out and maybe just before release someone will stop you or you go the other way, license it or make fictional and MarcG ive been in contact with many guys, from legal, game developers and so on long before we went with our work into public but i can tell you that free mods as they were done sofar are more illegal than our work we do. This F1 mod now just did completly wrong approach from what they started to what they want to go now and this is the issues here.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2013
  13. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Don't get me wrong, but there are guys here that just know how to drive and spend lots of time into that; they know how cars feel and compare what they like and dislike.
    You're saying, that if you don't have the skills to make things yourself; you are not allowed to give feedback on a mod? Feedback CAN be positive or negative.....and if guys don't like it, they just don't like it, right?
    You buy a new car, the car is not running okay but you don't make them yourself; you should shut up and just drive the car as bad as it goes?
    No; guys who are just users, should be able to dislike or like the things they try out and give feedback in a respectful manner.

14. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

You need to accounts into the difference between the Design Patent and the Registered Trademark. Decals brands above those cars are not defining those cars (difference between the car manufacturer and the sponsor brands above the car), but everything you're releasing about your project and the project itself, is 100% linked to the Formula 1 2013 championship.

If a lawyer just look at this thread, or your product demo (with a full Ferrari and its own sponsors), or your renders previews (same as before), he have enough material to put your work into legal troubles.

The way you're using to separate the sponsor side (without making legal the car model side and the entire F1 package) from the car side is something useless from a legal point of view, especially if the skin will be released by the same source who sells the F1 package...and especially after you're posting, day after day, tons of explicit F1 2013 materials linked to the same package you're going to sell.

Let me say you can go into troubles just because you're using the "F1" tag as it is one of the major trademarks of the Formula One Group Company...;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2013
  15. Lars Otto

Lars Otto Registered

Great Mod!

Thank you

16. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

That screens reminded me on racing simulation from ubisoft, had so much fun with that game.

Btw, i think you need to make helmet bigger, looks to small.

17. mjmueller

mjmueller Registered

Unknown base cmp for Malaysia v1.2?

18. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

You have this track in the cmp from ISI (Megane mod or Renault 3.5 mod)

19. McNolo

McNolo Registered

This comment was not by the critics, was for the joke.

Everyone has the right to give their opinion and is good for the modders also, it helps to improve, but criticism should be constructive and, this person, used laughter, mockery and sarcasm to disparage the work of someone.

This his original comment:

I said some post later, but surely you have not read it. "It is not what is said, it is as you say"

20. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Wow Tuttle, what have you done from this thread.. Came to check if some updates are on and ended up reading 3 pages of ****. Calling lawyers, FBI, internet police, I mean, really? Come on people, nobody is forcing you to buy anything. How about opening a new thread about payware stuff and discuss there, leave this topic for news about this mod.