REPLACED Chevy Corvette C6.R GT2 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Thats because of the diff. It locks when turning undrr slow speeds...

Well... ;-) at least that's what it should do... if I'm right, this would be a cool feature and I will salute to the physics engine.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2013
  2. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Corvette is awesome -- just need to fix the awful quality of the images in the mirrors (it's the second most important thing we look at!).

3. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Are you sure that is how the diff on those cars is supposed to work? I ask this because that would be contradictory to the design of a limited slip differential which they should be. Limited slip should only lock the axle if one side is significantly faster than the other, forcing more of the torque to be split to the slower side. During a slow turn such as described, the wheel speed difference is insignificant and so would not force a diff lock.

The most likely cause of tire scrub in my opinion would be due to the differences in camber and toe that a race car would be using causing one of the front tires to be pushed a little while the car is trying to turn. Another possibility is that with full steering lock, one of the front tires is rubbing the frame or suspension causing the noise.

4. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Well at least thats what I hear in the paddock when racecars drive slow around a corner. Really slow... And I once asked about that a guy from a vln team and he told me so....

Anyway... it happens in real life... thats what I know for sure. :)

Edit: and don't forget that these cars have a lot of power. Also at the low end. When you fully lock the sterring wheel to one side it is an extreme situation for a diff.

5. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Great car, a good step forward graphically, very impressive, sounds are very good too.
    About physics,car is too much slippery, that's fun to drive but it will be perfect with new tire model.
    Thank you, this made my week-end :D

6. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

I have noticed one thing, don't know if it is a bug or it's meant to be like that. When I let AI to drive my car I hear absolutely no tire sounds from it, but as soon as I switch to player control, those extensive tire sounds are there.

7. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

Consider how a clutch plate differential works. You must first overcome the preload before the "lock settings" come into play. A diff with a lot of preload will often pop and bind in parking lots. Once preload is defeated, the cam I dies the diff will expand the clutches on the internal ramps.

In short, the diff will be "locked" until there is sufficient torque caused by wheel speed difference to "break" the preload...then the ramp angles/clutches come into play... One preload is broken, your preload determines the progression of the differential lock (until your specified lock % is reached).

8. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Here we go!

For those thinking rF2 needs to be turned down graphically, you may have an issue similar to what I was experiencing. After installing the latest drivers and the new Corvette, I could hardly drive the car given the horrible FPS. Below is a video I just made after resolving the problem, I followed "axipher" instructions on the site listed below, reverted back to 12.8 drivers in my case;

http://www.overclock.net/t/1323729/...g-on-12-11-beta-drivers-and-13-1-wqhl-drivers

My system, especially rF2, now run as before...smooth as butter!

9. kr1nz

kr1nz Registered

Hi, how much fps you ge with others cars with the track? What is your GPU? I already have the 12.8 drivers... what more I need to do?

10. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

What he was referring to from that article was there were issues with the GPU not being able to be run at 100% after installing the 12.11 or 13.1 drivers that were WHQL certified. If you are having the same issues, then you could benefit from following the instructions listed in that link for uninstalling, cleaning and reinstalling your drivers to get the GPU back up to 100%.

If your GPU is already able to run at 100% then the article will do nothing for you.

11. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

My system should show on my signature, including the GPU (XFX Radeon HD 6970). Also, my system is not overclocked in any way. Cheers.

12. kr1nz

kr1nz Registered

Thanks!

Your system is not showing in the signature (at least for me).

13. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Try refreshing, I activated it so you could see it. Also, with the settings in the video clip, in solo practice I am running 30-60 FPS, with other cars on track 20-40 FPS, much depends on the circuit.

What Gearjammer said is correct, I should have expanded and made it clearer. Cheers

14. NightSt@lk3r

NightSt@lk3r Registered

Tommy Milners youtube account is a good source for Corvette videos

15. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

:mad::mad::mad:

Seriously, I can't believe some guys in here. Some of you seem to come here only to bitch about this and that just for the sake of bitching!

"Oooh, my tyres don't look like they look on some picture I found on google!"

This is only an example, there are a lot more, but this must have been the most useless, ridiculous post in the history of the internet.
    Who gives a flying f**k!? Some of you people need to learn how to be grateful! Maybe your mothers didn't slap you hard enough on christmas when you were kids. Otherwise, you would have grown up by now.
    How about you just stop playing rFactor2, so you won't have to complain so much? Fahk!

16. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

That game looks terrible. The track is way too bumpy and completely unrealistic. Yes I know it's a street circuit but still, tracks should be as smooth as a billiard table. Come on!!

17. Flaux

Flaux Registered

... some people...

18. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Double check your settings to be sure you are set to see signatures. When I was first posting here I had not noticed that it is off by default.

19. JGraf

JGraf Registered

can't get the two nuclear warheads sitting in the right side floor board to launch, seems the fire button doesn't work.
    View attachment 6004

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
  20. Golanv

Golanv Registered

And on that bombshell... Why are the exhaust flames still yellow Socks?