rFF1 Formula Masters v1.5

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Antaeus, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Antaeus

Antaeus Registered

skins are in progress

how talents work in current version 1.52? any fixes are needed?

2. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

So far ... i've only run one race ... Jules bianchi and so on was winning and stuff :) I'm not sure that the right way to go would be to do anything with driver talent... Formula 1 sort of masks a drivers true skill as a lot is measured by car performance. Is there a way to individually set the performance of the cars? If that is possible, then it should be a simple matter to adjust each team car's performance to levels that would make them slower or faster ... red bull fastest but ferrari, mercedes and Lotus very close. Marussia and caterham slowest but similar. But I don't know - that may not be possible? It seemed like you adjusted the grip level on the redbull that i drove .. so maybe?

BTW - i think most of the difference between the cars in formula 1 relates to downforce vs. drag ... so maybe those things are adjustable?

3. Antaeus

Antaeus Registered

in rFF1 all cars will be always that same with that same performance, sorry but i do mod for online game, only talents file may generate differences

4. BlaringFiddle5

ok :) was just a thought :)

5. MOD43

MOD43 Registered

That is a shame a lot of people play offline and would like realistic results.

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

You can always do the talent files and tweak the different veh files to your like and generate a private update. Since it would be for your offline no need to share it or justify your actions. IF YOU REALLY WANT THAT, DO IT YOURSELF instead of telling it is a shame like if nothing could be done. You havent paid a cent for the mod you are using and you still think you are in the right to suggest things for your convenience when the author has clearly stated his position.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

7. MOD43

MOD43 Registered

no need to be like that I meant no malice towards Antaeus he can do what he likes with his mod. If I had any idea of how to do it myself I would.

8. BlaringFiddle5

I wonder how hard it is to modify vehicles performance? I wonder if modder would let me make an "offline" version of this mod and distribute? I think all that should be modified would be the downforce and drag ... most other things should be the same on F1 car ... motors, tranny, tires are all spec ... aero and chassis design are the only things with wiggle room within reason...

All that said ... i've never tried modding on any game ... :)

9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I think among all those offline simracers there must be some people with basic knowledge about modding so that they could better tweak AI, both AIW for tracks and talent files for vehicles. I myself dont pay much attention to offline racing so I wouldnt be the best person to do that. I would gladly include any suggested improved AIW file into my tracks.

I have repeatedly complained about the terrible difficulties for proper doing this. I am not able to put any of the new vehicle components into dev mode to use aiw editor. I did in the past but tutorial threads are outdated due to new components. Even the one in the wiki which is only valid for formula isi and isnt straight forward when i tried to to do the same with meganes.

I think activating AI mode should be radically changed in offline playing. Physics should be the same as for human racing (tire temps available for example) and its strength should be adjustable. Doing it in one car only I dont think it would significantly affect performance and aiw could be greatly improved IMO.

10. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Still can't change anything in scn files or anything else cos I stil get "Unable to open MASfile" message.

Must be something on my PC stopping this working as it still don't work even after fresh install. First posted about this issue months ago and no matter what build I use with a fresh install, the message still comes up

I do wish ISI would make modifying things a bit simpler for people like me who dont have the time or ability to mess about for too long.

Could get rid of graphic pop ups or do other little changes in seconds in rFactor 1. Cant even get near opening a scn file these days with rF2". :D

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Are you using mas2.exe coming in rf2 installation under support tools yo extract files?

12. Hazi

Hazi Registered

+1 - as there is allready a divided RF2: separated single and multiplayer part - maybe a chance to get the ability to use loose files for singleplayer only

13. MJP

MJP Registered

Something definitely wrong somewhere, I know there's a few MAS files that can't be opened some car/sounds/shaders etc. but OTTOMH all the track files can be opened.

14. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Yep, am using the mas2.exe. It used to work for me many "builds" ago so there must be something on my PC that clashes with it these days.
    It's all I can think of.

15. buzzmmms

buzzmmms Registered

16. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I fear this mod is obsolete, use instead recent FISI 2012 1.6 with a skinpack.

Cheers.