[OT]Logitech in big financial troubles....sim-racing world in big troubles?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Ricoo

Ricoo Registered

Logitech is successful with its wheels, would be strange stop selling them...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2013
  2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I think they may be wondering which way to go, upgrading gears or move to belts.
    Im not sure belts have proven they are the final solution.
    As for consoles, their move was pc orientated, it was a brave move at the time they released g25, not many console users would pay that kind of money for a wheel, while pc people (me) suddenly found a dirt cheap Frex..

3. Ricoo

Ricoo Registered

"We are NOT exiting PC gaming, only console accessories," Logitech confirmed on Twitter. "PC gaming continues to be a priority for the company."

:) :cool:

4. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

I feel much better knowing that. Sooner or later I will have to replace my G25. I want to see what they come out with before buying another G27 (bought a faulty one and returned it). I was seriously thinking Thrustmaster, but I'll wait and see what Logitech comes out with before buying anything. Should be getting about time for something new from them.

5. rhamm

rhamm Registered

I'm happy to be wrong.

6. Novis

Novis Registered

I'm a Fanatec owner and would love to see a new high-end Logitech wheel. Can't understand that most Fanatec owners rate their GT3/CSR so high compared to G25/G27, even the CSP has flaws. Would have no problem at all going back to Logitech if they could make something close to the CSW (which otherwise look like the next buy). Hoping, hoping, hoping...

7. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Fanatec firmware/drivers suck. The actual product I have had no problems with.

Also gear driven wheels are old school now and that is all logitech makes. Personally I think $300 dollars, which is what a g27 costs in Canada, for a gear driven wheel is crazy. I do like logitech and have nothing bad to say about them though.

I wish Saitek would get into sim racing hardware. Their flight sim stuff is really nice.

8. C3PO

C3PO Registered

You can have my MOMO Force wheel and pedals free if you pay for postage and packing. Works fine.

9. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Thats a great offer/gift, Momo is a beautiful wheel, sweet move C3PO.

10. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

Thats very kind of you,thank you.
    But i ordered a DFGT from the states and its just going through customs at gatwick as we speak.
    Hope to have it in my hands in the next couple of days,,thank you once again for your kind offer.

edit. there are some nice people on this forum

11. C3PO

C3PO Registered

No problem spider!

12. Matt H.

Matt H. Registered

I use a driving force gt and love the wheel although the G25 and G27 have better force feedback.The peddles however are very cheep and don't give you near the control in braking that better units provide, but they work just "ok" once you get used to them and are reliable.For the money it's not a bad way to go at all.At some point i will upgrade my peddles and i think i will be happy with my setup until i can afford a top of the line wheel someday.

13. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

I think you mean go back to belts instead of "move to belts". The old Wingman Extreme wheel had plastic coated, metal belts, or cables. The feeling from those old wheels can not be beat. There are things I haven't felt since moving away from that old wheel. I had to give up on it because it became so sloppy feeling. Quality build is not it's strong point... needs some ball bearings.

I'd actually go back to my Wingman Extreme wheel if it had more than 270 degrees of rotation.

For those of you who haven't looked into Fanatec's pricing lately... They've dropped quite a bit.

Hope this helps,

Bryan

14. spider19462000

Just a little rant..to buy a DFGT in England would have cost me 99 pounds.
    To buy and get shipped from the USA 50 pounds.
    Getting fed up with getting ripped off by my own country.
    Rant over.sorry about that.:D

15. rhamm

rhamm Registered

I loved my Wingman Extreme. I finally gave up on it when Logitech stopped making new drivers for it and I had problems with it in new operating systems.

16. Jockenese

Jockenese Registered

Could you share a link for where you got it from in the US? I live in the UK also and am looking to buy a DFGT. Thanks.

17. Novis

Novis Registered

I hope you had a different Wingman Extreme than I had, a Wingman Extreme Force GP with red patches on the wheel. Platic crap with no feel at all. I ended up using my old bungycord Thrustmaster instead until I got the Momo Racing. The Momo was quite good for it's time and price.

18. Rik

Rik Registered

from twitter
    @LogitechGSeries no plans to discontinue wheels.

Now i hope for a new professional wheel :p

19. spider19462000

Not really,,it came from a little shop in Mechanicsvillle,which is just outside of of Richmond,VA
    My daughter inlaw saw it and told me about it,so i wired the amount to her,she bought it and shipped it over for me.
    Sorry i couldnt help more

20. osella

osella Registered

Unfortunately we don't know this. Just because a company sells x millions of product Y means nothing, neither does fact that product Y is objectively better than competitors product. Even if they make some profit from them it might be more profitable to stop production. Economics is not as simple as it seems to many. :)