Oculus Rift over 100k DevKits sold -is ISI going to support with rf2 integration ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Very, very briefly - pretty much pointless to come to conclusions. I should be getting a chance -sometime in the next month - to finally give it a proper go (found out that a friend of a friend of mine has one) :)

My triple 24s are far from my eyes because my damn monitor's base, combined with the damn huge T500RS's base means I can't put the centre monitor as close to me as I used to put it for years before. It therefore is at 38 inches ATM. However, as soon as I get a new desk or something else to rectify the problem, then the monitor will be much closer - pretty much as close as it can get to me without any chance of my hands contacting it while steering/shifting paddles. So i would say, hmmm, 20-30 inches is what I'm normally used to (and will eventually be back to)??....

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2014
  2. coops

coops Banned

my screens 22" away and fov at 29, i think its about right if any 1 knows if not let me know other wise

3. PaulG

PaulG Registered

If the monitor have VESA mounts, you should just get some different monitor mounts.

Of course, they may not. I'm always blown away by monitors who refuse to include standard VESA mounts (it's usually the uglier the mount, the higher the odds there's no VESA option).

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ya Paul, VG248QE. They got VESA. But spending $300-$400 on a triple screen stand is ridiculous to me when entire cockpits can cost just a bit more. There are individual mounts that you screw into the back of your desk for $30 or $40. I checked like 10 different ones on Amazon but it's so difficult finding out exactly how much they can articulate and angle (for the outer monitors), how much they can extend outwards from their original positions, then lots of people say some of them sag, and the sag can depend on how far you extend them out, and so on. It's real difficult for me to figure it out from just the web.

5. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Research, persistence and time are a wonderful thing! ;)

6. maniac618

maniac618 Registered

7. Adrian

Adrian Registered

From the way the car handled (or didn't) its probably unity or something like that.

8. maniac618

maniac618 Registered

Yeah, the physics do look way off lol.

9. Kokomo

Kokomo Registered

I really wonder why some people keep giving opinions about how the Rift has to be even before trying one. Funny

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

11. Miro

Miro Registered

Spot on mini review. I got my thing today and had pretty much the same thoughts.
    The FOV is no issue at all, I think it's even much better than with tripples.
    I expected a better resolution tho. Presonally wouldn't recomend bying it, knowing better tech is fallowing.
    And yet it is awesome lol.

But the cars man, the caaaaaars... The SLS is all of sudden just as awesome as IRL whilst I never liked the look of it through the monitors. Just a huge beast. Sort of an european Vette :p

rF2 has huge potential with the rift tho. Seems completely different to me than on monitors.

12. RJames

RJames Registered

Well i finally got my hands on a DK2 this week and it's quite literally been a eye opener.

So far in terms of driving sims i've only given LFS and AC a go. As AC's implementation only went live yesterday and is rather basic i'll not report on that however LFS WOW, was absolutely gobsmacked with the sense of 3D and the experience given by it.

If rF2 can get anywhere near that we really are in for a game changer, I've not yet tried the routes for rf2 to get it working but will this weekend however i'm not expecting magic at this stage.

Was genuinely blown away with the concept of what could be a reality in driving in that sort of environment.

13. crz

crz Registered

Kunos released a fix for their DK 2 implementation yesterday evening and now it's working with the right scale and in stereoscopic 3d. Try it again if you can, I guess you tried the buggy version. Looks great I have to say but I didn't drive it yet, just had a quick look. You can't see the menu and the ingame apps so it's still unusable for proper racing. I will probably spend a lot of time in practice tonight anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2014
  14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Iracing have confirmed dk2 compatibility in next build -next week

Happy days

15. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

The Assetto Corsa DK2 implementation is now really quite good, after the patch that fixed stereoscopic 3d.

16. PaulG

PaulG Registered

Yeah. You definitely need to try AC again after the patch. It has pretty horrible the first time. The cars are downright stunning with the scale and 3D working now. It's still got some major issues, and the Dk2 resolution isn't changing anytime soon, but for the actual racing, AC is my new benchmark. Looking forward to seeing what iracing brings to the game next week. Exciting times!

17. RJames

RJames Registered

awesome thanks for the updates guys will give it a go today!

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

tried AC with the dk2, the most I've ever enjoyed AC without a doubt,

Iracing build which includes dk2 support tomorrow, so AC going back on the shelf lol

19. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

I look forward to Iracing release , im hopeing they done the menu well .

20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

build being deployed now so will try in a couple of hours, no cam tracking )-:
    but apart from that they reckon menus etc all work, only 6 wks until next build so hopefully cam tracking update then or before
    hope I don't get nausea due to lack of cam tracking

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.