Oculus Rift over 100k DevKits sold -is ISI going to support with rf2 integration ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

yes -that's in the dk2 I believe , with the new galaxy note 4 res 2560x1440 there could be a riftup2 kit
    following based on this new screen

EDIT : vittorio released his plugin for some rf2 > dk2

2. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

so the dk2 has one note3 screen per eye?

3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

no, just 1 screen is divided into two , one for each eye -the optics make every thing work
    so resolution suffers as a result, I'm more than happy with the quality (due to the overall experience of VR) though,
    but obviously I'd step higher as & when the option becomes available be it the next version of the rift or a compatible screen only upgrade.

4. 7xu5

7xu5 Registered

No only 1 screen, 960x1080 per each eye.

5. crz

crz Registered

We asked for a statement about early rift integration, ISI said no. Sure you can still insist and write about it in the forum, but it seems to me this is wasted energy. They already decided after thinking about it, that is where constructive discussion about early integration stops for me because it won't change the outcome.

No, it is just one of those for both eyes:

http://techcrunch.com/2014/07/31/oculus-rift-dk2-gets-torn-apart-revealing-its-samsung-innards/

6. Christian Rosén

Christian Rosén Registered

You have to do what others won't. To achieve what others don't.

7. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Can someone report on rF1 & rF2 with Vittorio's plugin,that may just sway me.......................

8. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Pretty sure ISI have never mislead people about their continuous developement intent with rf2. If you have any evidence demonstrating otherwise, please present it.

This is also why there will be no "final version" of rf2 until ISI stops developement, most likely when/if rf3 is in developement/released.

The annual fee is not for continual access to the game and game updates but only for multiplier access/membership if you opted for the annual multiplayer purchase plan. To insinuate that you are having to continually spend money in order to get the "final version" you want (whatever that entails) shows either you were unaware that you already have free access to all future build versions (and the "final version") without further payments or that you're simply being irrational.

You being possibly upset with the speed of continuous developement....different story.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
  9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

From a company point of view there's no problem not having Oculus support until the consumer version is released. Even then, it could come shortly afterwards. I am not sure if it would bring about any significant temporary increase to rF2 sales as a lot of people going for Live for Speed seem to come from a sim racing background and have a title of their choice. Live for Speed and pCARS do have support but only LFS can be purchased, and it seems like dozens of people are buying it driven by OR in its dev stage due to wanting to experience it. So it would be a cool showcase for ISI to have something in the very short-term and mix itself in the new purchases vs LFS, but maybe the team lacks the manpower and a dev kit. Only Gjon can decide what ISI does.

10. Kokomo

Kokomo Registered

It isn't. People who have opened it said that the internal video controller doesn't support anything higher than 1080p and 75Hz, so it's not something as simple as just swapping screens.

Also, I'm pretty sure CV1 screen will be a custom one made by Samsung for OculusVR

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

yes I bet your right, as in the riftup for dk1 came with a Replacement PCB too, then there's the hassle of compatibility
    (unless it's a simple generic add on software patch)

would be great if it was a simple swap .....but usually things are not that simple hey

12. PaulG

PaulG Registered

Yeah. Good point. DK2 is also using HDMI. Right now, DK2 is at the bandwidth limits of that. I know there's the DVI adaptor, but I'm not even sure it's a D-DVI adapter. From my brief glance, it almost seemed like it was single-DVI. Not to mention, 1440p without low persistence wouldn't be worth it anyways. Running DK2 @ 60hz is awful. The smearing with any head movement is total garbage. Low persistence is an absolute non-negotiable item for VR. It stinks without it.

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

screen + PCB + new cable (high bandwidth ) ......becomes more hassle & expensive :(

I'll wait for the cv1 then

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
  14. gkz

gkz Registered

Has someone tryed the new vorpx version with rfactor 2 ?

15. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

And why i was 100% sold into keeping a very expensive light boost (low persistence) monitor when i bought it but didn't really have the cash. :p

Going to zero motion blur is a night and day difference, even for static monitors but many times more for VR when you turn your head and just get blur (dk1).

16. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I've been driving Nords Tourist in a Brab for a few days. (SR4L race coming up) As I go around the Carousel the car shakes, my wheel rattles, and it seems like my virtual head bobbles around (or the scene shakes around a lot in the monitor) as I involuntarily tilt it to compensate for virtual G forces. It's an intense affect with triple monitors and a relief to get past it. Every time I do it I wonder just how much more intense it would be with an Occulus. I really think it could make me wooozy. Would you guys that have done it wearing an OR care to comment?

17. Adrian

Adrian Registered

It's pretty cool in the Rift... but it's got nothing on the banking at monza 10k @ over 300kph ;)

18. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

I find that the car/head movement looks great in the rift, because you can see much more of the cockpit and it is all in 3D. Getting into a car for the first time I had to marvel at the roll-cage surrounding me and the way all the buttons and switches were there sticking out as if you could really press them. So when you are driving and the whole thing is bouncing and shaking around you it is pretty intense.

19. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I forgot about Monza! I'm anxious to get a rift when the CV1 comes out but I'm susceptible to motion sickness. I'll bet the banking would be a prime place to get sick because it is such a rough ride for so long and it happens twice a lap. Oh my! We'll see. I'll buy one and sell it if I can't handle it.

20. SMOK3Y

SMOK3Y Registered

where can I get this mate?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.