Oculus Rift over 100k DevKits sold -is ISI going to support with rf2 integration ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrian

Adrian Registered

It's not.

~170 is unrealistic to expect at this stage, its ~100 on the DK2 and ~120-130 on CV1 would be perfectly acceptable. Also you can't compare FOV of the rift to FOV of multi-screens, it's a completely different feeling which you need to try to be able to understand it :)

2. 7xu5

7xu5 Registered

as always isi making us spend shame. Isi have to be obtuse not to work in the biggest advance in vr of the last 20 years. the device will probably replace the monitor.
    I think you can not expect much more from a company like this. Yes rf2 is a good game but the company sucks, developers are very bad, very bad publicists mislead people from the beginning. How many years have passed since we should have the final version? What if there is no final version yet why it is charging the annual fee? and many more that do not even want to remember now.

conclusion Isi expected someone like Vittorio support you programmed the oculus, it is easier and cheaper for them as well, is the same attitude we have always had, they have a losers mentality.

thanks for your efforts on this topic Vittorio

3. Frankysco

Frankysco Registered

sadly, 100% agree.

4. Adrian

Adrian Registered

That's pretty disrespectful, also I don't agree, consumers get a better deal out of not having a "final" version and company's supporting their games with content and features years past when they might have released a final version.

They have been clear that they won't be supporting development hardware from the beginning and that, as their choice, is what it is (I'd love rift support now btw :D ) but saying that by letting people make plugins they're expecting people to do their work for them is completely wrong if anything letting people add support for something you don't plan to do yourself is very pro-consumer.

5. 7xu5

7xu5 Registered

Hi Adrian

And what isi is not disrespectful to consumers? They do everything right? I would appreciate to call things by their name and not use euphemisms.

Does using speed of isi, when we support the oculus? Before or after you have finished the rain on the glass? Before or after losing all credibility of the user like me?

Why is there so much darkness in everything isi does, why no deadlines or estimated dates for things, why they use the users as if they were crap, because it seems they just want our money, or only say praise good things ?

and of course I'm disrespectful

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
  6. Minibull

Minibull Member

Well if this pisses you off so much, then why don't you just leave the software for a few months, and then see where things are at?
    Almost every post I have seen from you has been negative BS towards the devs and their work. They do not have to tell anyone what their plan is regarding their work, that is their own plan to work to. If you had any inkling of how software development goes, you would know that any timeline would have to be constantly updated almost every week, as things ALWAYS go wrong. And you think it is a good idea to spend some of those man hours working on news updates rather than doing actual work on the software.

As for Oculus, no I don't feel it is right, but it is THEIR choice to do what they want to do. It is something in some way I respect from a company, the ability to be independant from external pressures and deadlines from publisher/invester
    types.
    So you get your Oculus support fast tracked and done in the next few builds, how does the guy who has a single screen feel? He then starts feeling like you currently, "Stupid company, supporting the well off few who have this "in development" tech, far more pressing matters to be seen to. Physics, graphics, weather, etc. The company doesn't care about the normal sim racer, doesn't want to work on things that will benefit everyone playing the sim, etc etc."

7. 7xu5

7xu5 Registered

sorry sir but you are wrong. when they move from alpha to beta and beta to retail version, it does have an obligation to give a finished product or time-bound. otherwise called scam. I left the game in hand and have been back a few months, but all the same, everything is half done a few finished things, very few updates and no information about where the product was launched progresses. Yes I understand of delivery for a job and also know how crowded customers who have spent their money when those deadlines are not met. but of course that's in real life, where time if respected, and if there is a problem your customer is going explained, because the customer you care and want to continue to rely on your work.

Those most urgent thing you say, perhaps many of them should already be finished or in a more advanced stage, but they are not, but should have some initial support for something so important as the oculus. I am deeply disappointed with the development of this project, it has not been clear in no time.

8. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

So time and time again, Tim has explained how the development cycle is going to be, but apparently you choose to ignore those explanations. Retail version? Final? rF2 gone gold? Welcome to 2014, and you accuse others of being wrong?

9. Minibull

Minibull Member

Shhh, don't tell him that iRacing, AC, and R3E all follow (more or less) the same scheme...and hey we may as well add LFS to that list...XD

10. crz

crz Registered

You say it seems they just want "our" money, how does it come they didn't take the obvious opportunity and built in DK2 support fast so people jump on it like crazy? Actually that would have been a sign for a cash grab for me, supporting experimental hardware to get new customers fast. Not the opposite. They have a plan and stick to it, I like that.

11. 7xu5

7xu5 Registered

12. Rik

Rik Registered

please stop this battle for Oculus.
    and of course I'm also disrespectful .........
    [​IMG]

+1 @Minibull
    Tim was clear!

13. crz

crz Registered

Now it seems you are choosing another subject to discuss. I am not sure what the Q&A about rF2s core features has to do with this. Tim has told us there won't be official support until CV1 unless the team decides otherwise. This is as clear and honest as it can get to me.

Thanks to vittorio I have to F5 this thread every minute and all I get to see is big balls, this better be good lol

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
  14. Miro

Miro Registered

I am f5'ing my gmail account in hope to get a delivery message but I guess the earliest I can expect is October going by the info from the rift forums. :(

15. 7xu5

7xu5 Registered

Yeahhhh!!!!! Cv1=may2015 as little. Yes isi yes, allways in the best way. Allways the same. 2 balls more for me shure.

16. crz

crz Registered

I guess you ran out of talking points now that you try to insult me indirectly. Nobody said ISI does everything right, I guess there is not one person on this forum with this kind of attitude. For example I was pretty upset in the early stages of rF2, all that beta argument and the slow progress was very disappointing. But you know what? People can move on and get over things. I accepted it as it is and since then I enjoy the nice things about rF2. And also all other new sims, which are missing feature left and right, for that matter. Maybe something you can try too, seems like you are upset because your expectations are different to reality.

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

the dk2's screen is from a samsung galaxy note 3 phone

if info is correct the Galaxy Note 4 will have a 2560 x 1440 QHD screen & releasing in the next week or so
    it's also the same size (as the screen used in the dk2)

would be great if it's a simple screen swap

18. crz

crz Registered

Thanks vittorio!

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...ugin-and-Tools?p=301689&viewfull=1#post301689

I thought about swapping the display when I'm done beeing impressed. Depending on how good the rF2rift plugin is this can be a long time from now, don't want to brick it and find out it wasn't as easy as swapping the screen.

19. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Note3=1920x1080

20. 7xu5

7xu5 Registered

1st I am not trying to insult you and least indirectly, I would do it directly if you deserved it.
    2nd someone can accept the things as they are or strive to change them. But of course this is just for the hipsters, the rest of the flock can do what you want, maybe I'm the black sheep.
    3rd you think isi does a good job, I do not. What about everyone in this forum should be happy with what they give us?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.