Oculus Rift over 100k DevKits sold -is ISI going to support with rf2 integration ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minibull

Minibull Member

2. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Me too.

3. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Should we make a thread called oculus i'm in? Where people just post yes or no. Just to see how much peeps are in and show ISI if there would be any importance for them to support this. So no discussion just jes or no

Just my thougts :eek:

4. Miro

Miro Registered

Count me in :)

5. RichFreed

RichFreed Registered

6. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Add me to the list. My DK2 should arrive soon and I really want to demo it to my friends using rFactor 2.

Also this previous post should give us some hope

7. Ddigital

Ddigital Registered

Cmon ISI! 49 Pages here. I want to race nordschleife :D

8. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Looks like we should have a poll thread.

9. Eddy

Eddy Registered

That's what i ment DrRipper ;)

10. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

lol, yes, sorry for pinching it. :p

Polling thread started. Please cast your votes.

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

the LFS speed dev has already said that LFS has never had so much recognition & a recent flood of new licence purchases
    since the exposure as a result of good rift support, them being in early as helped

I've no idea how much development time is involved -2 to 4 days ?

12. samuelw

samuelw Registered

I've ordered a DK2. Hope it solves my longstanding struggle with FOV.
    SW

13. Frankysco

Frankysco Registered

+1 to the list

14. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Which is quite logical considering that others seem to still be waiting for Oculus to contact them. Meanwhile we have no support for rF2 so we look for other things. The uncertainty that provokes ISIs permanent silence about development is so frustrating that people look for alternatives where they can get what they look for. Customer support and communication: that makes the difference.

I really don't know what ISI is waiting for... LFS, AC saw it very clear from the beginning, as many users did. Facebook acquisition and GDC presentation should have been determinant to make the move. And here we are now talking about opening a new theead to see who is in.... RIDICULOUS

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2014
  15. museumsteve

museumsteve Registered

It's a shame ISI don't have the same approach as the Live for Speed chaps. I'm certain their sales have gone up dramatically since adding Rift support. I tried the demo and bought an S2 licence on the spot, I also tried DCS World and was so impressed I bought the Huey add on for £30 on the spot. DK2 owners are desperate for good content and are prepared to pay ;)

As for dropping screens for a Rift...I'm tempted myself. I had triple projectors and earlier this year decided to change to SuperFOV with a new short throw PJ and it's great but since getting the DK2 I really don't want to go back to a screen. The only thing stopping me is content right now. Once pCARS gets solid support and maybe AC I think I could be convinced to make the change. I dont race online so I'm confident I can live with the res as the offset by such amazing immersion more than makes up for it IMO.

After a few hours messing around in LFS the other night I then put AC on my projector..I turned it off after 10 minutes because everything just felt so flat :D

16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

hi steve

re.lfs -I have S1 is it worth getting the S2

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

to late Ive just brought it lol

18. crz

crz Registered

While the LFS devs did a smart move and we praise them for early Oculus Rift support, let's not forget they told people since 2008 there is a VW Scirocco coming very soon, also a new tyre model... LFS has lived it's best days long ago in my opinion, this was a good way to get some more money out of it. I think ISI isn't interested in such short term gains, at least that is what their development until now makes me believe.

That said I still voted for Rift support asap :D Not many things have managed to make me this unpatient.

19. PaulG

PaulG Registered

Of course it was done with financial motivation. And it was rather smart of them too. Why not? Clearly they did it quickly, but with awesome results, and they're reaping the benefits.

I'm sure iracing will be next. Not going to fault AC since they're in the middle of a major graphics overhaul and it would be stupid to take time away from it (and the big August 29th update), only so it would be quickly broken again and needing of a overhaul.

I'm surprised GameStock Extreme didn't jump on the boat. That's a title that's in serious need of publicity. Would have been a big boost (and the smaller the team, the more meaningful the boost is). And it's an older engine, so it would have ran on most people's rigs without issue. They could have made some easy money.

20. DarrenM

DarrenM Registered

I don't know how long Scawen spent on the initial DK1 support in LFS, but it took him a week to update it for DK1, and he's still going over a week later with various tweaks and UI improvements.

Starting from scratch I think ISI would be looking at 1-2 months dev time with several rounds of beta patch releases for user feedback. That's to do a complete job with full UI support, which is necessary for DK2 as we can't clone monitors like we could with DK1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.