rF2 classified as commercial raises different expectations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cracheur, Jan 21, 2013.

1. doug484

doug484 Registered

Software companies release software with known and unknown bugs all the time. Microsoft is the master of this.

Beta or Evolving Product - who cares what they call it? We're talking about a $40 game for your computer.

2. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

who cares... anybody that can read and tries to use the correct words in different situation. Or are your children calling you sister?

3. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

It takes a LONG time to make a SIM. I don't think that's an excuse it's just the way it is. I could tell you the name of a title that has been in development for 8 years, is subscription based plus you pay for content and it has bugs. "Kart sim" is being made by an Aussie dude and he's been developing it for 7 years, not released but I'm sure it has bugs atm. lol.

If you aren't patient enough with your 40 or 80 bucks, you should really get into FPS games. Probably be more healthy for you. :p

4. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

When the first buyers get rf2 thats not what have been said. They expect 6 months for final release but not meaning that will be the end of development. Maybe you are too smart and already know thats Isi cannot give what they promise at beggining but a lot of people here isn't smart as you or buy the software because has some money in the wallet to buy any game. Like you sugest the guy to buy.
    People are complaining about lack of comunication, for what i understand, in this thread and the merchandising trick with beta meaning.
    If you don't care how Isi is playing it's your problem but don't troll the thread with the stupid argument how cheap the game is because it has nothing to do what was being discussed.

5. 10speed

10speed Registered

You are right, seems like doug484 just had his personal "fall of sam axe" moment.
    Anything less expensive than death star is considered defective by design. :D

6. doug484

doug484 Registered

Oh, snap. Good one, bud. Does anyone ever sit back and read all this nonsense impassively? Does you realize how stupid and insulting you all sound? Bah, why argue? If you think not getting your $40 computer game is the end of the world then so be it.

7. Magzire

Magzire Registered

OP is right its not in Beta its in Alpha ;)

Just been online and seen yellow boxes for cars. This sim wont been done for a long time.

8. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

lol. It's supposed to be that way. :p

9. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

do they do a shhhh noise :)

this happens when people are joining the server while you are on track, their graphics are not fully loaded yet so they dont cause you lag.
    Not a bug.

10. 10speed

10speed Registered

Yes, sure. LOL

11. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

*facepalm*

The wheels always make me laugh when I see them but the idea of the temporary car is doing what it's supposed to.

12. 10speed

10speed Registered

For sure, but the "shoe box" in rfactor1 was just as good if not better because you don't get distracted by the juggling show. With the wheels flying around now I can't see any progress in this area. That's only one tiny aspect of rfactor2 but it pretty much sums up why the change from beta to full version was fooling the customers.

13. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

personally i think it says something that when rFactor 1 turned 1 year old there was a massive happy birthday thread created by the community @RSC congratulating ISI...rF2 turned 1 a couple of weeks ago and not even a murmer

14. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Best graphics going to date!

15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

It is very easy. Because ISI does not clarify it. And, you may not understandandt it, but we DESERVE an explanation from ISI about their new plannings since their initial plan when released the beta has drastically changed. At the beginning it lloked clear. Now it doesn't any more. Talking about half truths: constantly evolving product. How do you call this?

That's justifying the same crap. Like everybody is doing it. Lets' do it also!

Last sentence is glorious man! I guess ISI must be within the 90% you refer when they released the beta 1 year ago for 6 months. We are financing the game, we are betatesting the game, we are not being provided any feedback from our wish lists/bug complains and you say we are behaving like spoiled freaking kids. You are behaving like ISI's grandmother then!

I completely agree with you. Furthermore I would say that something is going on within ISI. They have not provided a single tweet in the last 12 days in the official product website http://rfactor.net/. I haven't read many relevant news in the forum lately either. I think we all know AC beta is being dealt to netkar owners during this month and quite soon for the rest of us. Final deadline is april where the gold is expected. When they start having to compete in sales we will see what will happen. I am ready for the next ISI change within the following weeks. However, I don't like ISI's childish attitude of lately not responding to the customers/betatesters/financers of their product (Not a single post in this thread. Not a date for new release. NOTHING!). I have been very happy of how the product had been evolving until this last change which really upset me!

16. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

rF2 has been commercial since January, 2011. With that in-mind, the rest of your post doesn't really fit for answers.

We got the component and packaging system tested out like we wanted to, nothing else has changed. You're seeing and reacting to something, please just try seeing it as it is. It's been commercial since day 1, the "change" doesn't really exist in the way you're experiencing it.

Actually we have, there was a thread about it. I answered quite a few questions, and those questions and answers are still there to be read. Once everyone starts asking the same questions, making stuff up, or frankly not caring about what was answered, then I stop answering. I'm not actually justifying anything, because I've already accepted the universe and everything in it, including rFactor2 as it was, as-is, as will be. The reactions are being made to what really isn't there.

As for your last paragraph, that's exactly what's wrong with the universe. I've been busy, actually, but oh something has to be "going on" right? And you wonder why I need to do what I said in my first paragraph.......... It's actually paragraphs like that last which make people not want to respond, even when they have time. There becomes little point responding to some points of view, and when you can't respond for some reason, it's like the paranoia has to set in, and everyone goes strange!

If you truly believe you are financing the game, you are clearly quite confused, and therefore, maybe you feel betrayed? That's not what's going on here... While rF2 is very important, it might be worth reading up on ISI as a company, and that brings up a point as to why I might be busy, as the forums, twitter, facebook are far from my first role, I control a revenue stream (nothing to do with rF2), which (ahem) partly funds things like rF2. While rF2 is dev focus, it isn't my sole focus right now, day in and day out. You purchase rF2 as-is right now, and have at every point, as I said above: It's been a commercial product since January, 2011, since day 1. If we had decided to pull every single feature, I oddly feel there would be less complaining than if we had done what we did, and are doing what we are, with ongoing development of those features. Anyway, I have read enough: Contact me for a refund and I'll sort that confusion out for you: timw@imagespaceinc.com But, people are going to have to accept that silence might just be silence, rather than developing some conspiracy theory. Those never help anybody, ever, and you're just going to make it worse for yourself.

17. sg333

sg333 Registered

I nearly hurt myself laughing the first time I experienced this online.

Please dont change anything about it :D

18. 88mphTim

Temporary cars are loaded when you are on the track, so that the loading of their skin doesn't affect your driving. If you would prefer to crash every time someone joins the server, then just do it, smack into the nearest wall, because obviously that would be better. Or, you could make yourself aware that this happens until you are next in the garage, which is when their skin is loaded in a forthcoming update. :) All dev notes on this stuff are in the dev corner.

19. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Independently of what ISI does apart from rf2, which I already know, putting money before a product is released is called financing. Especially when the development plan and release date expectations have changed since the first beta release. In my opinion is quite as similar as when you put money for a house before it is finished. The constructor promises you that it will be ready in 6 months and after one year: no elevator, walls unpainted, leaks. When you complain, he tells you that he will continue working in the house but that you can live in. In real life, in those cases people putting money before delivery have quite a different price than later buyers. Why? Because they are FINANCING. Don't need economy lessons from anybody. If you are wasting your time posting, please provide but some information regarding the product I have paid for, which is what we are requiring, instead of telling people what they should or should not do and of how mistaken they are.

20. 88mphTim

You're going to get the information given, as I have said before. If you didn't want the reply I posted above, then my response before saying what I said should have sufficed in the first thread I made when the policy changed, etc. That reply happened because the post I replied to happened. If you don't want a reply, don't post for a reply, even saying that you think it's wrong how nobody has replied. I'm quite amazed that suddenly I am wrong for replying when you were saying it was bad nobody had replied!!!

Frankly, call it whatever you want, think of the finances however you want, doesn't change anything in your perception, doesn't change how you feel, and certainly doesn't change how the development will work or how information will be fed. You are NOT an investor to ISI, and cannot tell anybody at ISI what is going to happen. What you "deserve" is the rFactor2 product, with no limitations placed on when you get that, what information you get along the way, or what features it does or does not have either during development or when ISI moves on. Nothing else.

If you didn't heed the warnings either during development, or now, that's none of my concern, it is yours. It was said plain enough all along to make up your own mind on whether to purchase. Also, what date expectations? ISI never had any exact date expectations on the current status. If you are right, and you don't like "financing" then why would you have purchased during (what you call) a financing phase??? If you don't like buying at that point, if you don't like being a financier, then why buy at a stage you say you knew was a financing stage? Seems that you shouldn't have done it. That was your decision, although I will say again, you own rFactor2 as it is - you purchased it.

Are you really saying that you would be happy if you had had a discount? That would make everything right? As an early buyer, that would make you happy? When you say that, your entire argument falls apart, as it means your entire argument isn't about anything but the money. Nothing to do with the status of the product as you are trying to make it sound... But you can't be saying that, because you had delivery on the day you purchased.

Quick economics tip: investors and financiers get a return, you do not. You purchased a product as-is. End of input. End of transfer. What comes in the future, comes in the future, and shouldn't be any part of a decision.

I am not telling you what you should or shouldn't do. I gave you the option of a refund, even if outside the window, because plainly you don't want rFactor2 as-is, and have misunderstood enough of the information given over the last year to be unable to cope with it currently. Perhaps you'll come back in a year or two, who knows? But for now, clearly, you aren't happy. Can you point out anything in the piece you quoted where I told you what to do? Because I can't see a single sentence which sounds that way, and I'd hate to think you were confused about your options: a) nothing b) a refund as a one-time exception, or were just making up that I was telling you what to do when I wasn't.

I'm also not trying to 'blame' you for purchasing when you did, I'm just saying you had the option not to based on what was posted. And I'm even now giving you that option, which really I should not be as it is a PITA to refund now... I don't want anybody to feel 'betrayed' because of some perceived thing.