I Want Power & Glory

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Golanv, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Golanv

Golanv Registered

DRM or Power & Glory for rF2 would be a dream come true.
    Any idea if theres plans for such endeavour from these mod teams? I know MAK-corps is doing classic cars and have some cool stuff planned.

2. FONismo

FONismo Registered

P&G i don't think so, it will be for AC seeing as Aris one of the Kunos devs worked on it. DRM who knows nothing official has been said about them not doing it, although someone did say on here that they won't be. We will however get HistorX in rF2 and that more than makes up for it.

3. tjc

tjc Registered

HistorX is gona rock for aure but the DRM mod would also be equally awesome.

We can hope...

4. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

P&G is very good but I like Historix much more and, in fact, have been playing Historix a LOT lately as conversions have been coming to rf2 that I haven't tried in rf1 so I will race in rf2 then wonder what track would be like using Historix so I will download for rf1 and this has been very fun especially while waiting for new mods in rf2.

5. 3Dnooblet

3Dnooblet Registered

If you are willing to pony up some $ im sure more then a few people will line up to do it.

6. Golanv

Golanv Registered

7. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

This is good news :)

8. Christian Hamilton

Christian Hamilton Registered

Hardly......P&G is light years ahead of Historix in terms of physics development and realism imo. Historix are like driving on ice. The Maserati will squeal it's tires at 20 km/hr when you pull out of the pits. You think they did that in real life...no. Aris did an amazing job with the physics. Historix is a nice mod but definitely needs work on the tire models.
    And converting it to rf2 will be a monumental task. Aris asked me to do some dev work on the AI and after seeing the 3.0 beta I had to tell him I just didn't have the time to do it justice as there as a massive amount of individual hdc (hdv) files for the various cars. So much attention to detail went into this by all the guys involved. From Ducfreak with the sounds to the various 3D guys to Aris with the physics. Maybe someone/group will convert it but I wouldn't hold my breath. Just play it in GTR2. Bigger grids, weather, more tracks to choose from. GTR2 is still very good offline and online. Check out NAGP (http://www.northamericangp.com) we still get regular 40+ grids for our GT1 and GT2 series.

9. baronesbc

baronesbc Registered

totally agree, and much better also as ffb..

10. Golanv

Golanv Registered

There is this holding pattern going on with the major mod makers. Waiting for rF2 to show its true potential and AC to be released, DRM team seemingly being the most opinnionated or atleast loudest of the matter. The fact that Kunos folks said that AC modding will be limited/closed, if it affects their licensing... what ever that means... is a worrisome statement, that would deffinetly give, as a "stable" platform, rF2 the edge, when thinking about the work that can be done pre-knowing what product is going to be the final platform.
    I'm sure that all mod teams that have future plans for their big titles, are trying out all possible options, even if they dont plan on making announcements or release stuff anytime soon.

Alot of cool stuff from rF1 is being converted as we speak to GSC2013, which is a great sim, and since rF2 convertion seems to be alot bigger operation, all we mere "players" can do is wait and see... unfortunatly.

11. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

If I understood correctly it means that they do not allow modding which conflicts with their own licenses.

12. David Wright

David Wright Registered

While there are some scratch built cars in P&G 3 and several more which haven't yet been completed, at the heart of P&G are the GTL car models, even though many have been heavily re-worked. It is our understanding that Simbin's change of conversion rules earlier this year means that GTLs cars cannot be converted to rF2, or any other non-Simbin platform. Even before this change in rules, we felt that conversion of Simbin content to non-Simbin titles was tolerated, rather than positively supported, and especially given the support we received from both Simbin and Blimey staff in the early days of the mod, we have never had any plans to convert GTLs cars to rF2 or AC.

Aris' departure to Kunos has of course affected the team, but less publicly most of our 3D modelers and texture artists have stopped modding, so our very small team has decided to focus on developing the current mod on GTR2 rather than look to a new platform.

13. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

For me the dream would be having the GPL seasons and cars.

I really do not care if you have to rename them.

This is something which would not be confronted with these legal issues I think, has any GPL mod ever been pulled up ?

It would be sad if other developers raised their heads about someones Lotus'49 that they copy like a bunch of lemmons.

Over time wish the GPL commuinity will come to see rF2 as "THE" '60s evolution, they have much knowledge and contacts when it comes to 60s GP.

So here is hoping they put slimjim affair aside and embrace ISI with all their expertise, experience and insight over the coming years.

:)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
  15. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Without being able to convert old Simbin stuff it became a lot tougher, that's for sure. But not every company has the same stance so who knows what will come along.

16. Golanv

Golanv Registered

I'm excited about the MAK-corps stuff that they've been showing us recently. When done, those mods are gonna kick butt.

ps. Tim did you delete profile pics again by accident? My raven is missing... :rolleyes:

17. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

True, but there is legal precedent where copyrighted material was repurposed and the original rights owner did not pursue action and so even though illegal, became legal due to the inaction of the rights holder. And also, since this involves no money, the question of legality is a valid question. It is really illegal? Certainly it is a gray area and not allowed by ISI and not allowed by some rights holders- but if the holders of the IP do not pursue action, how can it be considered illegal?

Simbin has chosen to pursue action against anyone who converts the IP they own. Some other gaming companies do not take this stance, therefore giving implicit permission to convert their IP.

I agree!

18. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Hi.

It's unfortunate that HistorX won't be able to legally come to rF2, tho its easy to understand Simbins stance on the situation.

I guess they were more understanding in the past when they used ISI's engine. Or maybe it was because their big mod that made them, was full of tracks converted from other games.

Either way it's a shame, ever since I got rF2 I haven't been able to spend any more than 10-15 minutes in any other sims, like GTR2, GTL, rFactor or even GPL. Shoot, I haven't even installed any of them on my new system lol.

Hopefully the Classic Cars mod will fill the void.

Regards.