when?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tiger, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Tiger

Tiger Registered

as the work seems to go on on RF2, there's still hudge remaining question!
    I may say, that most of the FR2's content is satisfying, and we all feel that it's going to be really a pleasure to ride the cars that we love on tracks we are glad to have by now...
    but, still, WHEN are we going to get an update with the "tyre's temperature" fixed once for good?
    the F1 season is about to begin and yet, we can't expect good performance as it's impossible to adjust the tyre pressure for a better ride...
    this is quite frustrating!

so, WHEN?
    still expecting since a little time now!

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sorry, this is a pointless thread. You won't get an answer because they don't have one.

3. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

In about 6.5 !

4. TJones

TJones Registered

Tiger, of course no one can truly say when we get an update concerning tyre physics, i also think this tyre physics stuff must be realy very complicated, and development times are quite long (looking at LFS or Iracing).

But take a look at this (#217) post from Tim, it looks like development of tyre physics starts to continue.

Last year, to my disappointment there where only very rare impovements on the tyres side. I think it's verv important to work in this direction, because tyre physic is the "heard and soul" of a racingsimulation. It also should be top of the list for modding reasons.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2013
  5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Unfortunately the nature of software development makes it difficult and/or impossible to predict these things.

6. Tiger

Tiger Registered

alright, thanks for answer
    so, we will wait... some more ;)

7. 88mphTim

The only further thing which has already been said elsewhere, is that there are some changes already done, and you'd get those when the content already released is updated (their tire files).

8. patryksok.

patryksok. Registered

Are you kidding? :D Sorry but this is ridiculous :( ISI dont have list of things to work at the moment and what things are planned to release for next bulid?

9. 88mphTim

Are you kidding? I said nothing about that.

He asked when, that is what I answered: By saying that he can't be told when. Where did you get this "list" comment from, or even ANYTHING about the next build?

10. Antaeus

Antaeus Registered

Tim, you know that we all PAID for this product, so it's really normal that we need sometimes informations about progress

in this time i dont know that rF2 dead or will be progresed, and you, on question about plan, said.. ? exactly, what you said?

11. 88mphTim

There's plenty of information posted, and as much as you're going to get. But with your comment there, I am not sure there's a point:
    You're clearly past where the extra information you're asking for could help you.

12. Tiger

Tiger Registered

whaoo, quite a buzz...
    I did only ask for a "when", and answer was that a when can't be given (meaning date), but as everyone understood, when time is up to release what is concerned as I asked, we will get it.
    the fastest, the best, but patience!
    that's it
    don't need to argue really ;)

13. Radar

Radar Registered

Chill Pill for all...

Now that we are past BETA, the next will be Chocolate Cake, then Dolphin Dive, then Emu Eggs.. Still plenty of the alphabet to go people.. Relax, it will come when it comes :)

14. coops

coops Banned

RADAR we are past the beta stage since when ?
    this has to be a joke right ????????

15. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

It's still Beta..

16. the-D-

the-D- Registered

Is it a case of 'we have started the 12 months online period' and thats why this change of status has occured?

17. Golanv

Golanv Registered

[​IMG]

Theres again 2 threats about this same crap. I dont know why you Tim even bother to answer these idiotic questions again and again. I would just kick everyone and "we'll let you know when its done... bybye!"

Not really talking about the OP who did presented his question in respectful manner but some just see these threats as an oportunity to start the same ol whining and that is getting old
    Making demands from a beta sorfware is like demanding your cat to cook you dinner.
    Asking for a time frame, usually gets you unconclusive answers at its best, and even if you get an answer, to trust in it is a whole other matter, usually the reason why devs dont give timeframe answers lightly.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2013
  18. the-D-

the-D- Registered

Unbelievable response really, I never understand these forum members who tend to think they can tell the staff their opinion on how things regarding other forum members should be done,...makes me laugh really :rolleyes:

19. hammad800

hammad800 Registered

Jeez people, I too paid for this beta as did everyone else but seriously, it's just $40!! And no, I'm not that rich that $40 means nothing to me. The game is in development and I'm quite happy with the content we've been provided with and the list of upcoming content. I'd rather wait a bit longer and have a great game than have a rushed game which is just okay.
    Don't some people have anything else to do in life than come on here and complain and be rude to the staff?

20. TTupsi

TTupsi Registered

I would also like to know what would it change if ISI provided us with exact percentages or time frames for every thing they are planning to add to the game. Yes, it would be nice info but for waht purpose? If ISI announced that tyre model is 75% ready and due to be released in April 2013, how would it change your daily routines? I can't think of any way how that information would affect my life.

And don't say you have rights for that information just because you have paid for the game.

Edit: I too am little disappointed with the pace of the development process - it has been slower that what I expected but who am I to blame for that disappointment? ISI who hasn't fullfilled my personal expectations or myself who set those high hopes? Yes, ISI expected the game to go "gold" in 2013 but things just don't always go as planned. ISI are relatively small team, someone said "shortstaffed" (again, his/her personal expectation), and are doing their best all the time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2013